I fell or was hit, in the Hospital

GothamMike

Wore full face helmet, pads, leathers. cuts on my upper lip and brow. X-ray showed small bleeding on my brain. I think I’m out of EUC riding.

I only remember the EMTs bringing me here. 

Edited by GothamMike
  • Like 3

That sucks, all best with the recovery.

I'm not too keen on tons on electronic gadgets, but a 360 helmet cam (long battery life for dash cam loops, not for filming action) would be good to have in city traffic. Whether for personal interest, insurance issues, or catching the downright criminal *** clowns some people in cars are.

Sad if this turns you away from EUCs.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

Aww man, that’s horrible dude. I hope you get better. 

I’d be contemplating the same in your position. Cars will always be our biggest threat and the one we can’t control. 

I guess it’s too fresh for you to be thinking about it now, but chances are maybe there’s a camera from a building entrance that might have caught what happened. 

Woo!ah! Sorry to hear bout your misfortune Mike. Hope you get well soon.

Personally I avoid public roads like the plague. Maybe its cos I'm getting on in the years but I get super paranoid mixing with 3-5k lbs vehicles whizzing by, not to mention blind drivers pulling out &or getting out of the vehicle. Not fun for sure. Bike paths are slow going in comparo but much safer & fun. For me, offroad is the best.

Again Warmest Wishes For A Speedy Recovery! 

• Like 2

Damn bro, hate to hear that. Hopefully you will recover from this okay. I don't trust people or humanity for shit, and THIS is just one reason why. Don't make any rash decision just yet, recover first. Imagine if you werent on a wheel but where walking or riding a bicycle? Neither of those activities warrant near as much gear. Sadly, they get run over all the time too. Definitely file a report, as hit and run is a BIG nono and a felony. People need to man-up and accept responsibility as best they can. Being run over and the driver leaving you, crosses the line of social expectations by miles.

All the best for a speedy recovery and hopefully your cheese is still lightly on your cracker. Never fear, we seem to have people around with NO brains and they do just fine.

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear this, hope you get well soon!!  I've yet to mingle with cars yet on my EUC's, this certainly doesn't help my chances of doing so.  Hope you don't leave the sport but certainly understand if you do, plenty of other stuff to do...

I feel for you. I broke an arm when a car inquiring about my wheel pulled along side of me last year. From that point forward I flee any car interested in me. I was recently chased by a motorist for an extended amount of time which was very scary. I am very sorry this happened to you.

So many threats for us out there (cars/trucks/buses, pedestrians, dogs off leash, etc.).

I don't blame you from walking away from the hobby, I am just glad that you are still here. 

• Like 1

Sad to read :( I wish you a speedy recovery. Whatever caused your accident, get well soon! 

Here I thought 2020 sucked and things could only get better. 

I hope you recover and you some way get recollection of what happened. 

As this point I can't tell how bad you incident is, but I hope you get back to riding again. I had a few painful accidents but I couldn't stop riding. But it is all about adapting if you can. 

Please share how you recovery proces goes if you have the energy to do it. 

Looking at previous post on this thread I can't help thinking the community help out if they can. 

Note: I see the die hard rider instinct here too. I know the feeling of wanting to share what happen from hospital. (yep I did that too) 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1