"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

On 7/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Ben Kim said:

If the EU used NYC examples of cyclists, drivers and PEV riders, they’d all be riding horses or walking. 

I’ve also dated numerous European natives so i’m very well aware of how nanny state many of those countries are. even if we all rode like good little lemmings, they’ll find a way to restrict use. 

Have you seen some of the horse riding in NYC?!

:)

• Like 1

I hope @Will R is right and they plan to distribute updates, not only install the updates on the factory boards. Must be terribly frustrating to be stuck with a glitch or weakness that could be fixed by software.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, null said:

I hope @Will R is right and they plan to distribute updates, not only install the updates on the factory boards. Must be terribly frustrating to be stuck with a glitch or weakness that could be fixed by software.

The board has a Bluetooth module that the company use for updates and is planning to work with darknessbot and EUC World. I assume they reckon its pointless to make their own app and use the common programs used by "veteran" riders. Perhaps we can send updates via those apps as well. 

• Like 2

Great news on the firmware being user upgradable! Really hope that's true! 

Does anyone know if I could use the same stock tire as the msx? I wonder if that would detract from the cushioning at all since it weighs so much. Maybe that's why they gave it a tire with those giant knobby pads? 🤔

Edited by MrRobot

2 hours ago, MrRobot said:

Great news on the firmware being user upgradable! Really hope that's true! 

Does anyone know if I could use the same stock tire as the msx? I wonder if that would detract from the cushioning at all since it weighs so much. Maybe that's why they gave it a tire with those giant knobby pads? 🤔

yes you can, sherman has the same: 18x3.0 or 2.75-14 ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:From what i heard, the board cannot be flashed by the end user, so they will have to be dealer programmed.  

Better than nothing, if the dealer can flash it I could.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

From what i heard, the board cannot be flashed by the end user, so they will have to be dealer programmed. 

11 hours ago, null said:

Better than nothing, if the dealer can flash it I could.

I can only speak for those of us in the EU group buy, but we have had confirmation that *if* there are firmware updates made, we will receive a downloader to flash the update onto our boards. Whether this is as simple as an android app or whether it's a usb to the PCB thing I don't know, but like @null said I'm sure once a firmware like this gets out in the wild it will find its way to @Seba who will incorporate it into EUCW, and Jason will just email it out to eWheels buyers much like the kingsong soft tuner app. I have edited out personal information for privacy reasons, but below is the evidence I am basing this on.

IMG-20200705-WA0003~2.jpg

IMG-20200705-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Will R
Grammar
  • Like 3

I’m part of the group buy, but not WhatsApp, so I didn’t know this. Great news. Other electronics boards who do not have a proper updating mechanism can sometimes be programmed with a serial port adapter, so it seems this will work here for now. Also if they have plans for app based updates later on it’s great.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheseusMinor said:

Anyone know if the Sherman has a motor cut-off when you turn and lean it deep like a superbike?

45deg on spec sheet. 

sorta looked like more in one of the videos where they tested it - but you’d impact the pedal with the ground before you’d cut out I think.

only time I’ve worried is going around a berm 

Edited by HippoPig

3 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Ouch, the amount of rust in a brand new wheel...

I don’t even think it’s “brand new” one of the charge ports is installed upside down, and the interior shell shot shows a wheel that is clearly not new. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, onizukagto said:

The peeling / warping is just the graphic sticker on top of the lcd panel. 

Leaperki-... I mean veteran said that on production version, the screen graphics and around the panel will be waterproofed with a "gel". That's what I heard on Hsiang video. 

But even if they don't, you can just remove the sticker and add your own personalised stuff and enhance the waterproofing to the buttons and around the top panel seams, seems pretty straight forward. 

It's not quite so simple. The "sticker" has bubble-buttons (my term) over the four switches.

9 hours ago, HippoPig said:

45deg on spec sheet. 

sorta looked like more in one of the videos where they tested it - but you’d impact the pedal with the ground before you’d cut out I think.

only time I’ve worried is going around a berm 

I'll have to measure it, but it "feels" more than 45-degrees.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will R said:

I can only speak for those of us in the EU group buy, but we have had confirmation that *if* there are firmware updates made, we will receive a downloader to flash the update onto our boards. Whether this is as simple as an android app or whether it's a usb to the PCB thing I don't know, but like @null said I'm sure once a firmware like this gets out in the wild it will find its way to @Seba who will incorporate it into EUCW, and Jason will just email it out to eWheels buyers much like the kingsong soft tuner app. I have edited out personal information for privacy reasons, but below is the evidence I am basing this on.

If they copied Gotway's process, you have to remove the Bluetooth module and plug the updater into that port. That's where I'd put my money.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's not quite so simple. The "sticker" has bubble-buttons (my term) over the four switches.

I saw on hsiang video that under the graphic sticker, it looks like physical push button (with 2 - 3mm travel) that are countersunk into the shell and are mounted on the circuit board beneath, can you confirm? 

If that is the case, the "bubble" on the graphical sticker, is simple there to help you push the button underneath, it's not essential to operating the buttons.