WaveCut

1 hour ago, WebDev said:

You're not using the suspension pump to try and pump up the tire are you?  If so, that would be the problem.

Iirc I only got one pump. I have the latest model with the black pump in this video. Should I not be using it?

2 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Correct, that's a suspension pump, which is intended for the high pressure of suspension air chambers. It will not work well for tires - it has such a small volume piston that each stroke only puts out a tiny bit of air. It will take absolutely ages to fill up the large volume of a tire.

Got it. That's relieving. Appreciate the help! Is there one I can buy you recommend for the tire?

2 hours ago, holgeight said:

Got it. That's relieving. Appreciate the help! Is there one I can buy you recommend for the tire?

I use this one.  It's very portable and works great.  I think quite a few other people here use this exact one as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R5MC60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm

• Like 2

Thanks for the help guys! Got the electric tire pump and turns out my tire was at 22 PSI. Brought it up to 35 PSI and it's a completely different ride. Will have to get used to it but my gut is telling me it feels a bit too high now.

What tire pressure do you guys run?

Also, my trolley is a little flimsy when extended. It's not locked in (Moves a cm or so in each direction) which makes it really hard to use because of the weight. Is this normal?

• Like 1

With the stock tire I found 30-35psi to be the range for my ~108kg riding weight. It gets squirrely fast above that, and mushy below.

Also, my trolley is a little flimsy when extended. It's not locked in (Moves a cm or so in each direction) which makes it really hard to use because of the weight. Is this normal?

A cm doesn’t sound like much. You could try and tighten the small allen screws your can find near the hinge. There are 4: 1 at the top under the sticker, two at the opposite side, and one tiny one at the lower front edge of the hinge. You might need a flashlight to locate the last one.

16 hours ago, holgeight said:

Thanks for the help guys! Got the electric tire pump and turns out my tire was at 22 PSI. Brought it up to 35 PSI and it's a completely different ride. Will have to get used to it but my gut is telling me it feels a bit too high now.

I'm just under 80kg and run 43psi.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, BoseHeadphones said:
On 12/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, mrelwood said:

What you describe is the exact behavior of an angled calibration. Are you aware that the V11 should be leaning on the integrated stand during the calibration? Or have you maybe set a pedal angle in the app? It shouldn’t cause such behavior, but it would be interesting to know nevertheless.

The next firmware update is supposed to include an option to enable the Go Home Mode permanently. We are all waiting in eager, no ETA has been given.

Great to hear on go home, does that still include a forced tiltback to a stop? Either way huge step in the right direction.

A quick search struck out on V11 calibration instructions (oversight on IM to not have a paragraph in the app), so initially I tried to do it like on my GW wheels--with the wheel standing up. The good news is the app throws an error with the wheel upright, so on a lark I tried calibrating while it was sitting on the kickstand and was a bit surprised to see a success message.

I did play with "balance angle" in the app--it takes effect immediately so it was useful to get reference points on how far the pedals were dipping--but set it back to 0 when actually riding. If signs point to the calibration being off then try to calibrate on different angles of ground to see if it can compensate for the behavior.

On my 1st V11 ride of about an hour, I noticed that the pedals were about 2 degrees toes down most of the time. For a telescopic suspension to work well, I think the suspension/wheel should be vertical or raked back a little like a motorcycle fork, which would be pedal toes up. And my riding preference is a mild toes up setting. For the next ride I used the pedal angle setting in the app to level the pedals and rode around a few minutes with the app still connected and all seemed well with the pedal angle. Then I turned off the app and rode further. After about 10 minutes the pedals (toes) were about 10 degrees up after riding straight for a while. So I turned the app back on and reset to level again and rode home with the app running and the pedals maintained a good level position. I put the wheel away for the day. There is some minor pedal dip and climb based on turn direction (left turn = pedal up, right turn = pedal down), but it is minimal and less than the other wheels.

The following day I did another pedal level check and again the pedals were at 2 degrees toes down. So I again set them with the app, and then turned off the app and went for a ride. This time the pedals managed to stay level during the entire ride without the app running. Then on the next day the pedals stayed level without the app running. So it took a few tries to get the pedals to stay level with the app turned off. I did all the pedal settings with the wheel vertical. I am not sure what it took to have the adjustment stick with the app turned off. Maybe, as with computers, the 1st time trying to do something does not always work. I have not done a calibration up to this point and I am hoping the pedal angle is finally set for good (at least for a while) so I can ride with confidence without the app running.

I do like the feature and the way it works. It is entertaining to watch the wheel jump to a selected pedal setting! Has anyone had a similar experience with the pedal angle settings?    

10 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Has anyone had a similar experience with the pedal angle settings?    

My pedals point down until I do a tight turn then they reset to my custom settings (+2) for the remainder of the ride. I assume that it is a bad calibration, but I am too lazy to resolve it lol. 

I just received metal reinforcements for the saddle brackets by Inmotion sent through Myewheel. First impression they looked smaller and thinner than expected.

Sit6CTp.jpg

I made 2 holes using 2.4mm drill for each reinforcement then drove the screws in. The result felt OK, at least way sturdier than the original plastic ones. I had a test ride and they did their job nicely.

AOWGhqz.jpg

qZABCM8.jpg

Thing to improve: screw quality was poor, no matter how slowly and carefully I tried to drive screw heads were so easily worn. 2 out of 6 were stripped, could not be used and were tossed away.

tRA01gW.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How is the beeping sound at 15-18 mph eliminated, and how can I go past 18 mph? The speed of the wheel caps out at around 18 mph, then as I try to lean forward it seems to push backward not letting me accelerate to any higher speed.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:48 PM, Scottie said:

I have not done a calibration up to this point and I am hoping the pedal angle is finally set for good (at least for a while) so I can ride with confidence without the app running.

@gon2fast tagging you too for this below. 

I suggest you do a calibration. The way to do this is turn on the wheel. Then press lift button and rotate the wheel to rest on its stand, and release lift button. Then in the app initiate the scv calibration. 

Sometimes you might have to do this 1 to 3 times before it complete correctly. It is often to need more tries if the wheel has been stored on its side or taken a hard tumble. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 7:39 AM, holgeight said:

Hey everyone, been loving my v11 so far. Having a lot of issues connecting via bluetooth but I can still ride so it's whatever.

I initially set my tire psi to around 28, and I'm experiencing some wobbles and wanted to try a higher pressure. However I'm unable to connect to the tire with the pressure gauge anymore. I'm still able to pump the suspension and leak air in the suspension, and when I try the pump on its own it works. No luck on anything regarding the tire anymore, can't seem to pump in air no matter what I try (tried with the extension and without it).

Has anybody experienced this or have any advice?

What bluetooth issues are you having? I've noticed that on the iOS Inmotion app, I was having issues connecting whenever I had poor signal.

Also, when I first got my wheel, after the firmware upgrade, I consistently could not connect to the wheel. I had to reboot my wheel by holding the power button for 30 seconds before it started working.

There's an ongoing thread here about some of the BT connection issues:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inmotionv11

On 12/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, jmsjms said:

How is the beeping sound at 15-18 mph eliminated, and how can I go past 18 mph? The speed of the wheel caps out at around 18 mph, then as I try to lean forward it seems to push backward not letting me accelerate to any higher speed.

Have you connected the wheel to a EUC application yet? You need to set your speed alarms and tiltback speed. Not sure what the default factory settings are, but I am sure they are mild.

2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Have you connected the wheel to a EUC application yet? You need to set your speed alarms and tiltback speed. Not sure what the default factory settings are, but I am sure they are mild.

If I remember my V10, it was set to 25 km/h or ~15 mph, so it sounds as the default speed. I second @mrelwood’s post about learning at slower speed before heading into 50 km/h area, though.
@jmsjms, it’s really, really good idea to keep the factory speed until you have racked up a few hundred miles on EUC. Even I had some very near misses and run-offs during these first few hundred miles that would end badly if I was going twice as fast.

Edited by Zopper
  • Like 3

You guys are wheel lovers and you enjoy fiddling with the mechanics of the wheels. I don't. I just wanted a wheel for transportation from A to B just like I use a car, and not really into admiring the wheel, nor doing any service into it. In fact it's because of that that I may be considering going to the Veteran, because there is no phone logins and no pressure settings. My seller didn't want to setup the wheel for me first before I got it, so I -- the inadequate -- had to deal with a pump that didn't work, pressure gauge that didn't work, unbolting panels, pumping, etc. The InMotion app has a Vehicle search spinner animation that keeps spinning and sometimes it says that no Vehicle was detected, and at other times it just keeps spinning. It did register me first, so that's how the wheel was unlocked and I've used it for about a month. I've probably done 50+ miles. I don't use a phone when riding. I also got the EUC World app as well. Nowhere in the two apps I see an option to change the setting. But I'll go to the first posts of this thread and will look again.

• Like 1