WaveCut

On 1/2/2021 at 1:24 AM, GoGeorgeGo said:

Even with a car you need to pop the hood to jump the battery sometimes. You need to monitor your tire pressure. You need to have routine maintenance done on the car as well.  If anything EUC is far less work than owning a car.  Filling 4 air chambers and a tire is not asking much of the user 

This is the correct answer. Anything with moving parts has maintenance, anything with tires has maintenance, etc. You could buy a nice bicycle and say the same thing about having to adjust pressure in tires, shocks, etc.--let alone all the maintenance involved with a car.

1 minute ago, AtlasP said:

This is the correct answer. Anything with moving parts has maintenance, anything with tires has maintenance, etc. You could buy a nice bicycle and say the same thing about having to adjust pressure in tires, shocks, etc.--let alone all the maintenance involved with a car.

I remember that time I bought a new car and I had to buy a lift to pull the motor two weeks later because the pistons went bad due to rain. Luckily I found a video made by a Honda customer in  Colorado and I was able to fix them all by myself. 

Car is perhaps the worst analogy here and what is funny is this was the argument used AGAINST me in another thread with the IPhone lol. O iPhone- bad analogy. Car - good analogy.  

Sorry I utterly disagree. 

On 1/2/2021 at 3:24 AM, GoGeorgeGo said:

Even with a car you need to pop the hood to jump the battery sometimes. You need to monitor your tire pressure. You need to have routine maintenance done on the car as well.  If anything EUC is far less work than owning a car.  Filling 4 air chambers and a tire is not asking much of the user 

Reread his post. 

Such a bad analogy. 

On 1/2/2021 at 2:22 AM, Unventor said:

Well that is what I use my V11 for since I sold my SUV car back in October. 

But in order to do this you need to learn how EUC rides and behaves to use it safely. That takes time and since it works very different from all other transport, Iit isn't something that comes straight out of the box. 

However once you have spend the time and miles on an EUC you should start to see the beauty of having a PEV. 

If you never really røde other EUC, I think you don't really fully understand how great the V11 truly is. 

I don't use apps with my wheels all the time. Mostly when I do it is to track how I progress in my riding and understand how a "new" model works. 

But looking at your post above, I don't think the Sherman is you right answer to what you want either. I think an escooter might be more suited for you. I personally dislike escooters. But to have something with zero involvement to learn how to ride, an EUC isn't the first thing to consider. 

And no mater what you buy nothing is maintenance free. (same goes for a car or mc or bike). Depending on where you live someone might be able to handle service for payment. But if you consider suspension adjustment troublesome, I can't understand why you bought a V11 in the first place. 

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your expectations to your EUC, how did you get these when reseller said you have to do something yourself? 

I don't judge what you want, but I don't think EUCs are your right choice. But on the other hand that is nothing to say you can't enjoy it if you accept a few things that you need to do to ride safely. 

Note: I don't like to thinker too with my transport, but I have to accept I don't have a reseller near me that can do what is needed if my wheel breaks down. But the benafit of EUC riding to me is worth it for me. So I have swallowed the service part as a thing I have to do to be able to enjoy all the good things I get from riding my EUCs. 

Sir you won't get much sympathy. It's just "the way it works" so I'm told.  You and I are the wrong consumer. They state this right on their website too. How didn't you know?

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

I remember that time I bought a new car and I had to buy a lift to pull the motor two weeks later because the pistons went bad due to rain. Luckily I found a video made by a Honda customer in  Colorado and I was able to fix them all by myself. 

Car is perhaps the worst analogy here and what is funny is this was the argument used AGAINST me in another thread with the IPhone lol. O iPhone- bad analogy. Car - good analogy.  

Sorry I utterly disagree. 

It sounds like you are looking for participants to an argument that wasn’t a part of the discussion. The analogy you quoted was a response to @jmsjms not wanting to do any service to an EUC, and choosing his wheel based on that.

No matter which analogy I’d write here to be misunderstood, that’s what @GoGeorgeGo and @AtlasP quoted and commented on. Not your post.

If you are troubled by how warranties are being handled in general, go ahead, have a constructive discussion about it. Just try to pick the correct topic and relevant quotes.

Ps. You can quote multiple posts in a single reply with the + button.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It sounds like you are looking for participants to an argument that wasn’t a part of the discussion. The analogy you quoted was a response to @jmsjms not wanting to do any service to an EUC, and choosing his wheel based on that.

No matter which analogy I’d write here to be misunderstood, that’s what @GoGeorgeGo and @AtlasP quoted and commented on. Not your post.

If you are troubled by how warranties are being handled in general, go ahead, have a constructive discussion about it. Just try to pick the correct topic and relevant quotes.

Ps. You can quote multiple posts in a single reply with the + button.

Actually I'm pointing out that the analogy is false...and it is false. Read the Ops post they reference. This is not about doing service to an EUC. This is about a new user having the following problems:

My seller didn't want to setup the wheel for me first before I got it, so I -- the inadequate -- had to deal with a pump that didn't work, pressure gauge that didn't work, unbolting panels, pumping, etc. The InMotion app has a Vehicle search spinner animation that keeps spinning and sometimes it says that no Vehicle was detected, and at other times it just keeps spinning. It did register me first, so that's how the wheel was unlocked and I've used it for about a month. I've probably done 50+ miles. 

This is a new wheel and his pump didn't work. The app didn't connect. He probably came here looking for answers to be told this is just the way it is. 

An EUC cannot be compared to a car. That's why I made the reference to pulling the motor. This is a new EUC and it is clear one has to do a lot more to a new EUC than a new car. So the analogy is wrong.   

I will accept however that I am quick to argue this point due to history - and will concede to let it go. 

Edited by EUChristian

7 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Actually I'm pointing out that the analogy is false...and it is false. Read the Ops post they reference. This is not about doing service to an EUC. This is about a new user having the following problems:

My seller didn't want to setup the wheel for me first before I got it, so I -- the inadequate -- had to deal with a pump that didn't work, pressure gauge that didn't work, unbolting panels, pumping, etc. The InMotion app has a Vehicle search spinner animation that keeps spinning and sometimes it says that no Vehicle was detected, and at other times it just keeps spinning. It did register me first, so that's how the wheel was unlocked and I've used it for about a month. I've probably done 50+ miles. 

This is a new wheel and his pump didn't work. The app didn't connect. He probably came here looking for answers to be told this is just the way it is. 

An EUC cannot be compared to a car. That's why I made the reference to pulling the motor. This is a new EUC and it is clear one has to do a lot more to a new EUC than a new car. So the analogy is wrong.   

I will accept however that I am quick to argue this point due to history - and will concede to let it go. 

I do not know you story. But the few moments I looked at this it didn't take long to come to this decision: do I care... Nope I don't. 

The a sec later I just couldn't help. I wounder how some get to angry at anything... Do I care, nope. 

Is it worth to ask or argue? Nope what is the point. 

So no antologi. The limited point you got across, before I lost interest. 

(yep last comment, now I go find ignore function, very simple fix) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I do not know you story. But the few moments I looked at this it didn't take long to come to this decision: do I care... Nope I don't. 

The a sec later I just couldn't help. I wounder how some get to angry at anything... Do I care, nope. 

Is it worth to ask or argue? Nope what is the point. 

So no antologi. The limited point you got across, before I lost interest. 

(yep last comment, now I go find ignore function, very simple fix) 

Lol fair enough sir. 

13 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Or he didn’t know how to use it. Lots of people don’t even know that it’s a shock pump, and a few have complained that the gauge doesn’t work properly when filing the tire. Which is where the pump’s scale starts.

Which has been fixed with the latest app version. A very common event with software on any platform. It really is just the way it is.

Maybe you should read his earlier post. He was hoping to buy a vehicle with a tire that you never need to pump, and a vehicle you wouldn’t have to spend time learning. We tried to explain to him that an EUC is not the vehicle he’s looking for. Because you do need to both learn to ride as well as pump the tire.

If pumping the tire and the shocks is to do much more than you need to do to a new car, I... I am speechless and I give up.

Ps. WTB a computer that already has all my files in it the way I want them. Don’t tell me that’s not the way they’re sold, HELP me!

Hey I appreciated this post sir thank you. Didn't see the earlier post. I have a big heart for new people. Many don't know what they are getting themselves into. You buy a wheel online after seeing some youtube videos and suddenly you are more invested than you thought in the details of your machine. 

Appreciate your candor man. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea why the InMotion app can't detect my wheel? It has only detected it once when I activated it when the wheel was brand new, but since then it hasn't been able to do it. When I go to Me  > My Vehicles, it shows that my v11 has been verified; but when I go to Vehicle, the spinner keeps spinning and searching without detecting my wheel. Without being detected I don't see an option for firmware update or changing the mode of the eWheel. Thanks.

Edited by jmsjms

3 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Any idea why the InMotion app can't detect my wheel? It has only detected it once when I activated it when the wheel was brand new, but since then it hasn't been able to do it. When I go to Me  > My Vehicles, it shows that my v11 has been verified; but when I go to Vehicle, the spinner keeps spinning and searching without detecting my wheel. Without being detected I don't see an option for firmware update or changing the mode of the eWheel. Thanks.

Is the blue dot on the battery indicator showing? If the blue dot is on and you cant connect, press and hold the wheels power button for 30 seconds.  This will reset the blue tooth board and allow you to connect to the wheel

That blue dot means bluetooth is connected so if its on but your not connected, then it formed a ghost connection somewhere that you cant turn off, just need to reset it

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

Ok, I just realized that my phone's blue tooth has to connect to the V11, so I did, the blue light came on, but then it disappeared. Now the phone doesn't show the V11 under blue tooth anymore; however, the InMotion app did connect me to Me > My Vehicle, and I was able to click to upgrade the firmware, but now the firmware keeps failing every time. It immediately says download failed.

Edited by jmsjms

Do you have Apple or Android phone? Based on comments here, it seems that iPhones seem to have better luck when trying to do the upgrade. I have an Android and despite 2 months of trying I have never been able to get it to upgrade. Someday I may run across someone with an iPhone who may be willing download the app and try it for me but until then I seem to be stuck.

Edited by Dgar

13 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

My understanding is that the problem still exists and they still haven’t found the final solution. Begode seems to have the same problem and my hunch is that these larger bearings simply are not made for this usage. If that’s the case, changing bearing providers or models won’t be enough. I would wait a few more weeks before buying a V11. 

At this point in time I would make same assumption. 

All focus at Inmotion is to get the V12 launch ready and while still looking at the V11 improvements. By this I mean not all in Inmotion speak/write English so the marketing people that communicate out to the global market are busy with V12 stuff. Engineer teams still work on both V11 and V12. 

I think after the Chinese New year (a 2 week holiday in early February) we will se more things happening from Inmotion in terms of status of things. 

Right now they are very busy. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:32 PM, Jpd said:

I have had my wheel over 80c more than once without any issues. Something must be different in the production version board. 

I rode mines for less than ten miles and fried the board, I didnt even get a complete hour of riding before the production board fried. Unachievable!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, RAbreu said:

I rode mines for less than ten miles and fried the board, I didnt even get a complete hour of riding before the production board fried. Unachievable!!!

My suspicion is it's a cooling issue and not necessary bad mother boards (although they could/should be more robust).  Were you running your headlamp fan when the board fried?