WaveCut

12 minutes ago, BigSkyGlide said:

I'm wondering which would work best

I only have the fly pads so far, and I've managed to use them like a power pad by wedging my toes on the pedal and the top of the foot under the pad, and lifting the heel to accelerate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigSkyGlide said:

eWheels now has those pads for the V11. I'm wondering which would work best, the Hulaj V11 FlyPads (but they're not actually pads) or the V11 pads.

I just ordered the original V11 powerpads, can do a review when they arrive. :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigSkyGlide said:

I'm still waiting on my V11 from eWheels. I'm hoping it will ship this week. It has been a long wait..... eWheels now has those pads for the V11. I'm wondering which would work best, the Hulaj V11 FlyPads (but they're not actually pads) or the V11 pads.

I have not tested flypads. But you have my thoughs on a pedal and sidepads review I made. If you have further questions feel free to ask them on my review thread. 

I will need to move the pads a bit down to make these work more like flypads. But we have crappy EUC weather here at my place and I am bulked down with work. So when my shift end it is more or less pitch dark, rainy and windy. Not ideal to test things I am not used to. 

I think though some will like the sidepads some will not. I find them a little slippery but I am finding the combination of hex pedals and sidepads to go hand in hand. Like 2+ 2 =5 😁

Like I said in one of my posts. The saved me from a big crash that was pure rider error as I didn't anticipate the situation at all and decided to test this as it practically was too late for me to do anything else. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the place. So I can explain it better. 

But buttom line is I like this "mod". But I am still learning how to use this. I will shave more once I get to test this further. 

• Like 1

Excellent! Jason told me they are about 3 weeks out on a slow boat from China. More waiting... I would definitely like to know your thoughts when you finally get them in.  I want to know if the Hulaj V11 FlyPads or the Inmotion Pads will end up working better, if my V11 ever gets here. In the end, I guess I will have to get both and try both to truly know.  :confused1:

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 8:46 AM, mrelwood said:

Two originals. So far the V11 hasn’t been disassembled to reveal whether it makes a difference or not though.

And, it could be charged with the original 2.5A + one of 4A that I have from the V10F (changing the connector to cross the cables, of course). That is: can we put different amperages through both connectors simultaneously?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Halig said:

can we put different amperages through both connectors simultaneously?

Yes.

35 minutes ago, Halig said:

could be charged with the original 2.5A + one of 4A that I have from the V10F

That's not recommended, because the total is more than 5 amps.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BigSkyGlide said:

I want to know if the Hulaj V11 FlyPads or the Inmotion Pads will end up working better, if my V11 ever gets here. In the end, I guess I will have to get both and try both to truly know.  :confused1:

I ordered V11 powerpads only since I liked the feeling powerpads gave to my old KS16S. Would love to hear feedback from someone who has tried both!

• Like 1

Got my Batch 2 V11 yesterday, I have the suspension on 120/60 for now and tire on 28PSI which to me feels good, I'm actually looking for potholes and roots now instead of avoiding them, fun stuff. 😁

Still waiting for my pads but still feels super fun to ride on.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:39 AM, Ádám Szitás said:

The loud clunk noise you hear is the suspension topping out suddenly when your weight leaves the wheel midair. It is normal, but it is possibly to avoid with different pressures, or preloading before the curb. (at least it worked for me)

I noticed this going down larger curbs, really loud clunk, will see if I can find a way to force a topping out and see if I can reproduce this in a controlled manner.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, holgeight said:

Got my v11 today! Have been so excited, however I'm getting "Download failed" every time I try to download the new firmware. Anybody gone through this? Tried reinstalling the app, lying the wheel on it's side, reconnecting to wifi/data

It happened to me as well. It's fine just try a couple of times a day, it will work eventually

22 hours ago, holgeight said:

Got my v11 today! Have been so excited, however I'm getting "Download failed" every time I try to download the new firmware. Anybody gone through this? Tried reinstalling the app, lying the wheel on it's side, reconnecting to wifi/data

You can always go back one screen and restart the download. I know somebody who had to do that like 9 times, but the important thing is once the download is finished, DO NOT  interrupt it until the firmware is actually updated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigSkyGlide said:

Very nice! Do they feel pretty solid on the V11 or do you think you will have to get some better adhesive?

Thinking the same. Im waiting on an order to arrive this week. Anyone know of some solid velcro? Before I go crazy looking at tons on amazon. 

Also, I just got word from EUCO about my saddles that broke back in August 9th. They will send me a reinforcement kit for them. Not happy about that. I want new saddles with the metal reinforcements. Seen someone get them already. Gonna have to reach out to Inmotion to see what they say. Also, my power meter on top of the light has disappeared and I can no longer see my charge or connect my Inmotion app to it. After speaking to EUCO, they said they would send me a head light module. Wondering if thats the whole front light enclosures or just the lamp. Have to get more details to find out; Wonder how hard it will be to replace that module. They also didn't have any BLE boards in stock. Honestly, I don't know what the issue is so it's gonna be trial and error to figure out what is going on. I'll let you guys know once all this is over. Gonna have to see if there are some videos out there for taking the lamp module off.

Does anyone think its dangerous riding without connecting to the app?  A bit concerned about that.

Last tidbit. As I am a fan of the flypads, I decided to get the other accessories for the V11 that were sold by the same maker of the pads. Seem pretty kool. 

img%5D

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker

52 minutes ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Does anyone think its dangerous riding without connecting to the app?  A bit concerned about that.

I only use the app(s) to configure and check mileage on my wheel and have never had an issue (IMHO). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Anyone know of some solid velcro?

3M Dual Lock is the usual recommendation.

Wonder how hard it will be to replace that module.

Not too bad. You need to remove the front side covers and open up the main board cover. My tire change video shows the least amount of steps required to get to the main board:

Does anyone think its dangerous riding without connecting to the app? 

It is possible that there is an issue that the app would warn about. But it’s impossible to say how big the risk is really.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:
2 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Does anyone think its dangerous riding without connecting to the app? 

It is possible that there is an issue that the app would warn about. But it’s impossible to say how big the risk is really.

And then you expect the app to warn you, but it disconnected, and bam... :D I’m not a fan of alarms depending on bluetooth connection and a phone. Neither is reliable enough for that role. Logging is fine, speedometer too, but all important alarms must come from the wheel itself.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zopper said:

And then you expect the app to warn you, but it disconnected, and bam... :D I’m not a fan of alarms depending on bluetooth connection and a phone. Neither is reliable enough for that role. Logging is fine, speedometer too, but all important alarms must come from the wheel itself.

I find EUC World Alerts to be more dependable on the V11 than the alert from the speaker because it's too low and gets drowned out by wind noise a lot.

On 11/27/2020 at 5:21 PM, holgeight said:

Try downloading and updating with v11 on kick stand, not lying on side. Worked for me. 

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I find EUC World Alerts to be more dependable on the V11 than the alert from the speaker because it's too low and gets drowned out by wind noise a lot.

That sounds like a disadvantage of V11. Beeps on my V10 are loud enough even with a motorcycle helmet, so I hoped it is on par with it (after including the speed difference). :(

58 minutes ago, Zopper said:

That sounds like a disadvantage of V11. Beeps on my V10 are loud enough even with a motorcycle helmet, so I hoped it is on par with it (after including the speed difference). :(

The main problem with V11 is that you don't have any speed alerts at all. For example you can't set tiltback speed for, say, 50 km/h and at the same time have a beep at 30 km/h. While not being a perfect solution, EUC World speed alarms are reliable enough to be a good and dependable substitution for missing wheel feature. Especially that when connection with wheel is lost, EUC World continuously notifies rider that there is no data stream coming from the wheel and speed alerts and other alerts won't work.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BogdanM said:

I just received my Inmotion V11 ( I am from Romania), 3th batch and I can not update the firmware  to 1.2.I: my current version is 1.1.64.

Can somebody to tell me what to do ?

I suggest you contact Inmotion on their WhatsApp or Telegram channel. Look for Liam or Bosco.