WaveCut

2 hours ago, Seba said:

The main problem with V11 is that you don't have any speed alerts at all. For example you can't set tiltback speed for, say, 50 km/h and at the same time have a beep at 30 km/h. While not being a perfect solution, EUC World speed alarms are reliable enough to be a good and dependable substitution for missing wheel feature. Especially that when connection with wheel is lost, EUC World continuously notifies rider that there is no data stream coming from the wheel and speed alerts and other alerts won't work.

Ah, that explains it - I never felt the need for such setup, I just set the tiltback speed and don’t ever change it. So I want it to shout at me only when I exceeds the safe ride envelope. Your usecase makes sense and its not a “slow down, you are overloading me” case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BogdanM said:

I just received my Inmotion V11 , batch 3 but i can not update the firmware to 1.2.1, the current version is 1.1.64.

It start to update but nothing  happens!

Can somebody  to help my what to do ?

I just got my V11 and am having the same issue. My guess is that many people received their V11 and are trying to update at the same time so maybe the server is overloaded? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

I just got my V11 and am having the same issue. My guess is that many people received their V11 and are trying to update at the same time so maybe the server is overloaded? 

Copy pasta from the other thread:

Have you owned any previous Inmotion wheel and used the app on that? If so try clear app cache and data to clean the app, that did it for me, somehow my old V10F data was interfering and clearing the app everything worked.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zopper said:

That sounds like a disadvantage of V11. Beeps on my V10 are loud enough even with a motorcycle helmet, so I hoped it is on par with it (after including the speed difference). :(

I think it's the same beeper but perhaps it's positioned differently but also at 50kmh the wind noise is so much louder than sub-40 (v10f).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Copy pasta from the other thread:

Have you owned any previous Inmotion wheel and used the app on that? If so try clear app cache and data to clean the app, that did it for me, somehow my old V10F data was interfering and clearing the app everything worked.

Just tried clearing the cache and data but no go. My V11 seems to be really finicky with the bluetooth connection as well.

Just got my V11 and could use a quick sanity check from other owners--I was feeling a rattle in the pedals, and taking it apart I'm now thinking that's due to the suspension/saddle assembly having a few mm of front to back play. It's very noticeable if I rock the wheel front to back from the handle.

The metal suspension bar moves a few mm independent of the rest of the wheel/mainboard.

1728454665_PhotoNov30180138.jpg.b8aeff1127a00d3de3be7c0d1c99bf7f.jpg

Is this normal? Going over bumps reminds me of riding with loose pedals. Otherwise really loving the package, it's nice to have a usable trolley again.

47 minutes ago, BoseHeadphones said:

The metal suspension bar moves a few mm independent of the rest of the wheel/mainboard.

Yes, totally normal. I hate looseness/rattles so this haunted me for the first month I owned the wheel, lol. I found that tightening the bolts on the lower shock chambers addresses some of the slack, but there is always a little play.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Yes, totally normal. I hate looseness/rattles so this haunted me for the first month I owned the wheel, lol. I found that tightening the bolts on the lower shock chambers addresses some of the slack, but there is always a little play.

Slight bummer, but livable. Is yours loose to the point that you feel it in the pedals when rocking front to back?

I'll go in and tighten anything I can see that bar attached to, but I don't see much down there that's easily accessible.

1 hour ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Slight bummer, but livable. Is yours loose to the point that you feel it in the pedals when rocking front to back?

I'll go in and tighten anything I can see that bar attached to, but I don't see much down there that's easily accessible.

This is the part of the V11 suspension design that is quite picky. There has to be some slack for the suspension to move freely up and down, but a fraction of a mm too much and you get the issue you describe.

The only solution is to disassemble the suspension (do not remove the vertical aluminum bars from the handle) and add a slice or two cut from a beverage can underneath the small plastic sliders.

Watch my tire change guide for the optimal steps on how to do it. Stop disassembly when you detach the handle from the wheel at 0:58:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

This is the part of the V11 suspension design that is quite picky. There has to be some slack for the suspension to move freely up and down, but a fraction of a mm too much and you get the issue you describe.

The only solution is to disassemble the suspension (do not remove the vertical aluminum bars from the handle) and add a slice or two cut from a beverage can underneath the small plastic sliders.

Watch my tire change guide for the optimal steps on how to do it. Stop disassembly when you detach the handle from the wheel at 0:58:

Excellent, I was fearing a lot more disassembly was needed. I'll give this a whirl asap, it's the only thing bothering me about the wheel atm.

When you're talking a slice, any suggestions on how much? Is the idea to jam long V spaced wedge of aluminum until it covers both plastic sliders?

3 hours ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Yes, the pedals made a clunking noise when I engaged the motor . I reached out to eWheels and InMotion as it was bothering me so much, but really got no feedback (eWheels responded). Tightening the lower shock valve bolts resolved the issue for me (I use a 1-1/16 socket). 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

I think I've found a more obvious issue--I've only got 6 spacers, one side is totally missing them:

845484471_PhotoNov30224235.thumb.jpg.d8ac53e0f081b13c3b34818b1b941dae.jpg

Action shot of the right fully-spacered side:

1272466650_PhotoNov30224243.thumb.jpg.1af291e753fc54980bb698d84f392881.jpg

This also explains why the rattle is more prominent on the left side, which is missing the spacers.

I was wondering why only 6 out of 8 of those holes appeared to have screws in them! Going to follow up with eWheels and hope they have spares readily available.

• Like 1

I'm supposed to get my V11 today. I was hoping wouldn't have to disassemble it but it looks like enough people are having small issues here and there that it seems there may be a good chance I will have to. Thanks for those (Mrelwood) who have gone before and help us to to look at these issues without having to figure it all out from scratch.

9 hours ago, Dgar said:

I'm supposed to get my V11 today. I was hoping wouldn't have to disassemble it but it looks like enough people are having small issues here and there that it seems there may be a good chance I will have to. Thanks for those (Mrelwood) who have gone before and help us to to look at these issues without having to figure it all out from scratch.

I didn't disassemble mine, just did an ocular inspection of screws, gaps, etc then rode it, when you take the saddle sides off to pump the shocks you see a lot of the important outer parts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dgar said:

I did not disassemble nor do I think enough people are have problems to disassemble but if you'll sleep better sure thing. There are thousands of wheels without this issue and mine is one of them. 

• Like 3

eWheels hooked me up with the suspension spacers and we're in business. There's still the bit of wobble front to back from the trolley handle, but I don't feel it in the pedals so I'm fine with it.

The pedal rattle was a pretty obvious symptom and reason to disassemble the wheel--if the spacers were in place to begin with I'd have been completely happy with it out of the box. Seems extreme to plan for a teardown before the wheel shows up.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, BogdanM said:

I just received my Inmotion V11 , batch 3 but i can not update the firmware to 1.2.1, the current version is 1.1.64.

It start to update but nothing  happens!

Can somebody  to help my what to do ?

I had same problem with my Android phone. I got message download failed. Then I took an iphone and it started download to 33% and got stuck. Pressed arrow to go back and again try firmware update then it got to in the 60% stuck tried again to 93%. Going back and forth on iphone after couple tries did finish to 100% successfully. On my android my bluetooth doesnt connect always. Iphone no issues always connection. 

I received my V11 yesterday. I did a visual inspection, made sure tires were inflated and tried it out. No issues at all. Feels so much more stable than my KS14D I will work on setting up my shocks and uploading the update today. 

Coming from riding a smaller KS14D, this definitely feels different when turning. Sometimes when I went to turn, it did not seem to move the way I wanted, almost making me fall. I suspect because the wheel is bigger, it creates some kind of inertia when I tilt it to turn like I did on the 14D. I just have to get used to how it handles.

3 hours ago, Dgar said:

I received my V11 yesterday. I did a visual inspection, made sure tires were inflated and tried it out. No issues at all. Feels so much more stable than my KS14D I will work on setting up my shocks and uploading the update today. 

Coming from riding a smaller KS14D, this definitely feels different when turning. Sometimes when I went to turn, it did not seem to move the way I wanted, almost making me fall. I suspect because the wheel is bigger, it creates some kind of inertia when I tilt it to turn like I did on the 14D. I just have to get used to how it handles.

Yes you need to get used to how it handles.  Because you have the higher pedal height and the bigger tire, it takes less effort to turn but your machine moves more when it turns also.  So its a wierd feeling to adjust to at first.  

The 14" tire would move less dramatically side to side to get the same turn radius, but it also requires more effort to achieve that super tight radius.  The v11 you can turn in a dime without much effort but you have to control the machine a little more because it does angle itself more for a comparable turn

• Like 1

Hi all, I just got my V11 today - my first wheel! Just switched from a onewheel. I am having an issue though and I was hoping someone could help. My trolley handle doesn't lock in the down position. I just grab it and it pops up and locks, but it doesn't lock when I put it down. Is that normal? Or maybe there is something I am doing wrong? It locked in the down position for about the first 30 minutes while I was learning but I'm afraid an impact may have caused something to not work right. It *looks* normal. Is there something I should check?

16 minutes ago, Rfail1988 said:

Hi all, I just got my V11 today - my first wheel! Just switched from a onewheel. I am having an issue though and I was hoping someone could help. My trolley handle doesn't lock in the down position. I just grab it and it pops up and locks, but it doesn't lock when I put it down. Is that normal? Or maybe there is something I am doing wrong? It locked in the down position for about the first 30 minutes while I was learning but I'm afraid an impact may have caused something to not work right. It *looks* normal. Is there something I should check?

I'd file that under abnormal, there certainly isn't a secret handshake you're missing here. Mine audibly locks as soon as the trolley is in line with the handle, it takes almost zero force. Interesting noise, bit more of a swooshy/springy noise than a sharp click.

4 hours ago, Rfail1988 said:

Some posted a picture on telegram about their trolley handle didn't lock or like you say click. 

Later someone found out it was due to the foam/rubber part of the saddel cover were too tight and rubbing against the trolley mechanism. 

I am thinking if your wheel has a tight fit too then it is just a very little rubbing that could cause this. 

Another thing if your rubber tip has moved (it can slide of if pulled) it might prevery it to the closed riding position. The tip is also a tight fit area between the saddel due to prevent rattle riding eg. off-road. 

I don't have the picture to explain these 2 possible options right now. 

On 12/3/2020 at 2:18 AM, Unventor said:

Some posted a picture on telegram about their trolley handle didn't lock or like you say click. 

Later someone found out it was due to the foam/rubber part of the saddel cover were too tight and rubbing against the trolley mechanism. 

I am thinking if your wheel has a tight fit too then it is just a very little rubbing that could cause this. 

Another thing if your rubber tip has moved (it can slide of if pulled) it might prevery it to the closed riding position. The tip is also a tight fit area between the saddel due to prevent rattle riding eg. off-road. 

I don't have the picture to explain these 2 possible options right now. 

Thanks for the input. Ewheels really hooked me up and is sending a replacement trolley handle for free, hopefully thatll fix it. I have 9ne more question - I'm on the 1.2.1 firmware, but my max speed is set in the app to 30 mph. Shouldn't it go up to 34 after the initial firmware update? 

• Like 1