WaveCut

52 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

...My advise, ALWAY have one toe area pressing down on the wheel. Whether its your ledt or right or you switch them like i do, using the front of your foot to "gas" the pedals is how you stop wobbles. Keeping a constant pressure forward with one foot and backwards with the other, like your pressing the pedals down into the ground is a way to think about it. Its all in your feet and ankles. Weak ankles will wobble

@jmsjms

Interesting. Haven't heard of that one. You mean the BIG toe on both feet, right? Otherwise the balance would be offset when one side presses differently than the other (assuming that we're going straight, not turning).... But on the other hand, how can I press down when on both sides my toes and shoes are sticking outside of the pedals about 2 inches ahead of the pedals.

Edited by jmsjms

57 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I can say owning both wheels (with the caveat that i only have 50-60 miles on the exn) that the v11 is much better balanced and does not wobble at all in straight line speeds. The suspension eats bumps that may cause oscillations and the batteries are balanced on both sides of the wheel. The EXN has 2 packs on one side and only one on the other and losses ground contact more often which can cause oscillations.  The v11 does have slightly more wobble in high speed cornering though the exn corners pretty well, likely due to the lower pedal height....

@jmsjms

Hmm. I don't mean to divert the discussion of this thread -- which is about the V11 -- but I am surprised to hear that. I guess I've been listening too much to Chooch Tech's confessionals on his YouTube channel. They sound so convincing.... On the other hand, I don't know what a wobble feels like on cornering, as I've never experienced it... yet, I've also haven't taken sharp cuts at high speeds either. "Cornering" is turning, right?

Edited by jmsjms

19 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Interesting. Haven't heard of that one. You mean the BIG toe on both feet, right? Otherwise the balance would be offset when one side presses differently than the other (assuming that we're going straight, not turning).... But on the other hand, how can I press down when on both sides my toes and shoes are sticking outside of the pedals about 2 inches ahead of the pedals.

Nope, 1 foot not both. You dont want all your weight out front on both pedals . More pressure on one side or the other. You need to become one with the wheel, you should be able to glide on one leg, move your feet around , ride in different stances. If your worried about equal pressures on both side then your not nearly fluid enough yet. Practice some slow speed maneuvering like slaloms and sharp 360 degree turns and gliding on one leg. 

14 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Hmm. I don't mean to divert the discussion of this thread -- which is about the V11 -- but I am surprised to hear that. I guess I've been listening too much to Chooch Tech's confessionals on his YouTube channel. They sound so convincing.... On the other hand, I don't know what a wobble feels like on cornering, as I've never experienced it... yet, I've also haven't taken sharp cuts at high speeds either. "Cornering" is turning, right?

Yes when i say cornering i mean turning, but when you are turning at 25+ mph around a corner its not really turning. Turning implies a right angle or slower speed, cornering implies a high speed more gradual turn like as if your racing . Think when you drive a car, to turn right you slow down almost to a stop, but to come around a corner you only slow down a little bit 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Asymmetric (kinda skateboard-like) stance is nice for some cases - like when you are frequently accelerating and braking. Or when you might need to brake fast. One leg in front, one in the back. Sometimes I literally have a half of my sole overhang in the front while the other foot has the heel mostly off the pedal. You can see it as hovering your leg over the brake pedal “just in case”.

And it seems that the small asymmetry helps to prevent wobbles. 

• Like 1

Speaking of wobbles, I recently received my new V11 and noticed that the tire has a wobble.  The rim looks strait, but the tire wobbles (visual check by lifting the wheel off the ground and observing when free spins).  It becomes an issue when I exceed 18mph and I get wobbles when I try to go faster.  

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

31 minutes ago, Wise Rides said:

Speaking of wobbles, I recently received my new V11 and noticed that the tire has a wobble.  The rim looks strait, but the tire wobbles (visual check by lifting the wheel off the ground and observing when free spins).  It becomes an issue when I exceed 18mph and I get wobbles when I try to go faster.  

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

This is common on EUCs, and you should find a lot of tips by searching for “reseating the tire”.

Although, you didn’t mention how long you’ve been riding for, or whether the V11 is your first wheel. While a small unevenness at the tire is very common, one bad enough to actually cause wobbles is not. While reseating the tire is definitely something you should try, it is possible that it won’t get rid of the riding wobbles of the cause is the human element.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply.  Its my first wheel and i only have 30 miles on it (~50km).  I noticed the tire issue early on but I've been riding  below 20 mph and it never affected the ride. Now that I've built up some skills and confidence I'd like to go a little faster.  I noticed little wobbles and it gave me concern.  I figured the tire is the culprit because I don't feel the tendency to wobble at lower speeds.  Interestingly, I don't feel it on dirt roads but I also don't go as fast as on paved roads.

I'll try deflating the tire and see if I can get it reseated more true.  A little variance is to be expected, but my wheel seems to have a little too much (in my opinion).

Edited by Wise Rides

After more then 2 years on my KS18L which I loved very much, I bought a V11 over the weekend ( I still own a V10f). :wub:

I am still figuring out a lot of things just to find that sweet spot for me but my initial thoughts are smooth, and I love it (I test ride both the S18 and  v11 on an afternoon together) . 

I did FW upgrade through the InMotion app yesterday, so it is on the latest firmware, went for a long drive and when I came back I charged my wheel for the first time. 

After some time I wanted to verify the battery level and I wanted to connect this through the app, it didn't work, although I got a sound saying it was connected. 

I put the wheel out and back on, disconnected it from charging but nothing helped to connect back to the wheel via the app. The bluetooth blue icon on the V11 was always there. So tried with Wheellog and EUC world , they simply weren't discovering my V11, they did discover the tv and audio etc.. I tried another phone, same result.

I removed InMotion to reinstall it on my phone,.. 

But then I read somewhere on the forum that I have to put the V11 out for more then 30 sec's, I did this and then the blue icon dissapeared and EUC world was connecting again. So issue resolved . 

However , for some reason I can't find back the inmotion app back anymore in the play store, nor with another phone, nor is it online if you look via a internet site via a laptop, it seems like it has disappeared? :confused1:This means I can't change the setting of my wheel at this point,... Does anybody now what is going on? 

I search on Inmotion or inmotion app --> I only get an app from a banc/finance.. 

thx in advance, 

cheers 

CL

PS: I should change my avatar one of these days ;) 

3 minutes ago, Cumulus Libre said:

After some time I wanted to verify the battery level and I wanted to connect this through the app, it didn't work, although I got a sound saying it was connected. 

I put the wheel out and back on, disconnected it from charging but nothing helped to connect back to the wheel via the app. The bluetooth blue icon on the V11 was always there. So tried with Wheellog and EUC world , they simply weren't discovering my V11, they did discover the tv and audio etc.. I tried another phone, same result.

Happened to me to. Full power off (30sec push) was what I wanted to suggest you, but I see you already resolved that. :-)

5 minutes ago, Cumulus Libre said:

However , for some reason I can't find back the inmotion app back anymore in the play store, nor with another phone, nor is it online if you look via a internet site via a laptop, it seems like it has disappeared? :confused1:This means I can't change the setting of my wheel at this point,... Does anybody now what is going on? 

No one knows for sure, but most likely, they app didn't conform to some Google Play Store updates and got removed. It will re-appear eventually, but in the meanwhile, download it from somewhere. Some links can be found on Inmotion Telegram channel or maybe somewhere on this forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zopper said:

Happened to me to. Full power off (30sec push) was what I wanted to suggest you, but I see you already resolved that. :-)

No one knows for sure, but most likely, they app didn't conform to some Google Play Store updates and got removed. It will re-appear eventually, but in the meanwhile, download it from somewhere. Some links can be found on Inmotion Telegram channel or maybe somewhere on this forum.

I was on that group until I got fed up with all the bashing and overload of nonsense messages, and/or was that on the KS group ^_^, can't really remember but it wasn't all that good vibe at the time...  , but I'll give it a go again.. 

hmmm ,  the inmotion telegram group has been removed so it seems? I can't find it back anymore? that's also mentioned in the telegram fix post on the forum here.. I do find unofficial inmotion telegram groups but they are in russian :confused1:... and I do speak some other languages :smartass:however no russian..:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Cumulus Libre said:

hmmm ,  the inmotion telegram group has been removed so it seems? I can't find it back anymore? that's also mentioned in the telegram fix post on the forum here.. I do find unofficial inmotion telegram groups but they are in russian :confused1:... and I do speak some other languages :smartass:however no russian..:facepalm:

Hmm, it looks that after Liam left IM, they are in kinda limbo state with regards to community reach. :D The channel still works, but I don't know how to share an invite with the link defunct.

Anyway, you can download the app directly from IM website: https://www.inmotionworld.com/app

Edit: the channel can be found if you search for it in Telegram: Inmotion Official Electric Unicycle Group

Edited by Zopper
  • Like 1

hey Zopper,

thx for your support, the link or the download from the IM website didn't work for me... 

However I did found a workaround, their is a QR code on the V11 carton box where it is shipped in, which directly leads you to a download from IM, android tries you to prevent it from downloading and installing but it's easy to dodge that... 

The app is on my phone and working as a charm, hm I wonder if it will stay that way :facepalm: , but let's be positive ;) 

thx for helping out !

• Like 1

Hi all, finally ordered a V11. Just want to ask if anyone knows how to tell if the better bearings have been used without taking it apart. Ie. Does it have a serial number that can be matched to a batch? And also, what other improvements should the newest batch have compared to the first batch? Does Inmotion post this info anywhere? Thanks 😊 

8 hours ago, RoCan said:

Hi all, finally ordered a V11. Just want to ask if anyone knows how to tell if the better bearings have been used without taking it apart. Ie. Does it have a serial number that can be matched to a batch? And also, what other improvements should the newest batch have compared to the first batch? Does Inmotion post this info anywhere? Thanks 😊 

Unfortunately there is still no clear information on how the problem is fixed. It probably isn’t fixed completely. People are still having bearing problems. They also seem to have stopped covering it as a warranty issue. At least there was some discussion about it on the Telegram chat. I’ve been waiting for new bearings to be shipped for more than a month now. They first told me they will send new ones but later have stopped answering my emails. I’m forced to just buy them on my own. 
Inmotion used to post info and interact with riders here but something happened and they don’t do it anymore. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Unfortunately there is still no clear information on how the problem is fixed. It probably isn’t fixed completely. People are still having bearing problems. They also seem to have stopped covering it as a warranty issue. At least there was some discussion about it on the Telegram chat. I’ve been waiting for new bearings to be shipped for more than a month now. They first told me they will send new ones but later have stopped answering my emails. I’m forced to just buy them on my own. 
Inmotion used to post info and interact with riders here but something happened and they don’t do it anymore. 

Surley it's covered warranty from your seller

• Like 1

Apparently some things are going on inside Inmotion.  I have not been able to get much details. But what is very clear communication with Inmotion at moment is not ideal on any level. 

I hope this is a transition Inmotion is going though, until they realise it is better to have constructive talks with the rider community.

From what I have been able to gather the replacement of Liam is not yet in place. This is the communication gab I hoped we could avoid, but hopes often don't turn into reality.

To get any info on the shipping/handling delays of my new ordered (my 2nd) V11 has proven very difficult. 

• Like 3

For those who have experienced violent shaking on fast braking, try the following: When you have to suddenly stop and you lean backward, make sure that when you are leaning backward, your toes are not pressing on the pedals forward, but instead your heels are pressing the pedals also backward.... I encountered a violent shaking on fast braking recently, but I think what I had done wrong is that while I had leaned backward and I had bent my knees the toes kept pressing the wheel forward. So, now when I have to suddenly decelerate, as I lean backward I also make sure that my heels are pressing backward too.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:43 PM, jmsjms said:

For those who have experienced violent shaking on fast braking, try the following: When you have to suddenly stop and you lean backward, make sure that when you are leaning backward, your toes are not pressing on the pedals forward, but instead your heels are pressing the pedals also backward.... I encountered a violent shaking on fast braking recently, but I think what I had done wrong is that while I had leaned backward and I had bent my knees the toes kept pressing the wheel forward. So, now when I have to suddenly decelerate, as I lean backward I also make sure that my heels are pressing backward too.

Do you have any sort of extra pass or its clean?