@SebaI'm thinking of getting a (cheap) smartwatch because logging my tours with my phone, the battery drain means I always have to have a power bank with me. But logging with the watch means it won't be via euc.world.

It would be great if the site had an option to upload gpx files 😊

BTW, question to those using WheelLog on Samsung Gear watches: in watches with a SIM card, does tour recording work, directly from the watch? (meaning no reliance /battery drain on the phone) thanks! 

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

@SebaI'm thinking of getting a (cheap) smartwatch because logging my tours with my phone, the battery drain means I always have to have a power bank with me. But logging with the watch means it won't be via euc.world.

It would be great if the site had an option to upload gpx files 😊

BTW, question to those using WheelLog on Samsung Gear watches: in watches with a SIM card, does tour recording work, directly from the watch? (meaning no reliance /battery drain on the phone) thanks! 

Wait for a while, as I'm working on uploading log files to euc.world (in place of deprecated Google Drive service). In this case you won't need to stay connected to euc.world all the time, so it will greatly improve your battery life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

1. However I also have to constantly remind myself that my time is limited. I will keep both euc.world and WheelLog developed in long-term. It's some kind of social commitment I've made to my existing and new users.

2. SoIwill add special tour setting that will do following:

1. Keep all data visible as currently is.
  2. Will hide all speed, time and duration information and will present track on the map in single, green color.
  3. In addition to point 2, there will be no graphs at all.

3. I think that such option will be enough, so we can share our rides with public and at the same time keep some "sensitive" data private.

1. Your work is beyond appreciated, really! 👊

I am sure that when EUC's takes of for real, your app will try to be "bought" by some giant tech company ;-) 

--------------

2. Comments

1. Perfect

2. Wheel power consumption hidden? (250W law)Great mid way option regardless :-) 

3. Meaning only "tour in green on map"?

-------------

3. Indeed :-)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, Seba said:

Wait for a while, as I'm working on uploading log files to euc.world (in place of deprecated Google Drive service). In this case you won't need to stay connected to euc.world all the time, so it will greatly improve your battery life.

Cool! 👏👏👏

And, since I'm requesting things...😅😂

... Have you considered implementing the option to pause GPS recording when one pauses a ride? That would be extremely useful in terms of improving my battery life even further, as I'm currently recording tours with WheelLog and Strava at the same time, since if I export the gpx from euc.world to import into Relive, avg. speed and time are way off, as it takes into account total time (without counting breaks), and bases avg. speed on the total, instead of only time in motion. 

It would also be useful in terms of getting more accurate stats if one combines wheel with public transport, for example, and wants to record only the wheel part of a tour. 

Is this feasible to implement or is there a good reason you haven't done so, that I haven't thought of? Thanks! 👍😁

On 7/24/2019 at 6:01 PM, Seba said:
  • Will hide all speed, time and duration information and will present track on the map in single, green color.
  • In addition to point 2, there will be no graphs at all.

Will this info be available to the tour owner, but hidden from the public? The tours I tend to make public are the longer, more scenic ones (aka the best ones); I'd hate to not have any stats/graphs/map color-coding on those... 

BTW, good approach to the privacy issue. It's cool to see a developer listening to users' suggestions! 🙂😎

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

Will this info be available to the tour owner, but hidden from the public? The tours I tend to make public are the longer, more scenic ones (aka the best ones); I'd hate to not have any stats/graphs/map color-coding on those... 

Yes, data privacy settings will only be applied to viewers. Tour owner will always see everything.

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

Have you considered implementing the option to pause GPS recording when one pauses a ride?

Yes. And I will add two levels of "pause". In addition to current "pause" behaviour one will be able to "hold" tour recording. So both GPS and euc.world synchronization will be disabled.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:44 PM, Boogieman said:

1. Perfect

2. Wheel power consumption hidden? (250W law)Great mid way option regardless :-) 

3. Meaning only "tour in green on map"?

Wheel power can be derived from current and voltage, so it's just safe to remove all graphs. They are useful only when there are complete telemetry data. IMO keeping just terrain profile,  battery charge and temperature doesn't make sense as there are no meaningful relations between them. Displaying just map with solid green path will be more clean and elegant.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:44 PM, Boogieman said:

1. Your work is beyond appreciated, really! 👊

I am sure that when EUC's takes of for real, your app will try to be "bought" by some giant tech company ;-) 

Thank you :) However I think you're too optimistic. And I don't mean that "giant tech company", I mean EUC popularity explosion :D

• Like 1

Screenshot_20190726-043224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.24442b81f5d55c9d9aac95a3b59b79a0.jpg

World's fastest Gotway Tesla is mine - see max speed 😁

(Forgot to turn off live tour when getting on the train and had GPS set as preferred in settings :-) )

Connected issue / feedback:

I am having some problems with "start new segement imstead of new tour" (checked in settings. "finish when wheel connection is lost" & "start when wheel is connected" are not checked).

When i power of wheel it seems to start a new tour or maybe it's when it loses GPS signal or reception? Not sure, but rode all night with a few longer breaks (one when on the train where 4G coverage was lost) and three small tours were logged instead of one large tour. 

Could bluetooth headphones cause issues?

Powering off wheel? (I.e. too long time before reconnecting)

Loss of mobile coverage?

Edited by Boogieman

On 7/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, Seba said:

Yes, data privacy settings will only be applied to viewers. Tour owner will always see everything.

Great!

On 7/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, Seba said:

Yes. And I will add two levels of "pause". In addition to current "pause" behaviour one will be able to "hold" tour recording. So both GPS and euc.world synchronization will be disabled.

Nice! Looking forward to that! Thanks! :D

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:59 AM, Lefteris said:

If you are experiencing the 2nd screen emptiness, uninstall the wheellog app and clear all traces of it and re-install the .31 version (link) it will fix the pebble watchface connectivity problems, as mention before, cause the watchface requires the wheellog to be built on a specific android API lower than expected.

If you do that you'll get everything back, alarms, information etc.

So - the connection problems persisted with my Pixel XL, turns out there is a critical bug in bluetooth connectivity with the Google Pixel series, it had nothing to do with the app.  I found a very old prepaid Tracfone Android phone (cost me $6.99 USD), and on this particular phone Wheellog + Pebble work 100% perfectly.  It even switches automatically to the Wheellog app on the watch upon connection in the phone app.

I do wonder though, what is the purpose of holding down the middle button on the watch in the watch app?  All it does is vibrate very strongly, but no clue what its purpose is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

So - the connection problems persisted with my Pixel XL, turns out there is a critical bug in bluetooth connectivity with the Google Pixel series, it had nothing to do with the app.  I found a very old prepaid Tracfone Android phone (cost me $6.99 USD), and on this particular phone Wheellog + Pebble work 100% perfectly.  It even switches automatically to the Wheellog app on the watch upon connection in the phone app.

I do wonder though, what is the purpose of holding down the middle button on the watch in the watch app?  All it does is vibrate very strongly, but no clue what its purpose is?

Glad you found your way thru.

About the button, it opens up wheellog app on your phone when it is not running, and if you setup it from settings on press it plays a horn

On 7/25/2019 at 12:01 AM, Seba said:
  1. Keep all data visible as currently is.
  2. Will hide all speed, time and duration information and will present track on the map in single, green color.
  3. In addition to point 2, there will be no graphs at all.

I think that such option will be enough, so we can share our rides with public and at the same time keep some "sensitive" data private.

This would be really perfect; I really only want my cool long trip to just be a single-coloured line so it shows up as my 'latest' trip for the forum signature. No stats/graphs at all is great.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:06 AM, Ben Kim said:

Interesting. Was that issue only with XL? It works great with my 3 XL and Pebble metal.

20 hours ago, EldARon said:

Got my Flic. It fits nicely on my wrist protection so it's easy to push with my thumb.

Waiting for the update of the app. 

@Seba One Flic was posted today 

15645016432981.jpg

15645016433542.jpg

Am waiting to see how the Flic implementation works out before ordering. I think a big thank you is in order for early adopters (early as in before the option has even been implemented 😂) such as yourself. 

The only issue I envision is that if I have my phone connected to my BT helmet headset, the horn will play through my helmet speakers and not the wheel's.... 

BTW, I use the same wrist guards as you! The quality is somewhat mediocre (straps could be wider and sturdier) but the design is very effective (slides very well). They've protected my wrist and palm from quite a few falls, so for the price, I'm very satisfied. Good choice! :)

@Seba I've a problem! while on my app "visibility" is set to anyone, once my last tour is uploaded

it'll be set as "visible to people having a link" (on the web.. the app still keeps visibility to anyone)(indeed my signature get stuck..) 

and only option I've is to manually change it! 

the last tour in my profile is a test I did last night, I checked setting in app before deaprture

and it was "visible to anyone" then over euc. World was "visible only with link" 

any idea? 

Edited by Simone Malicius

I would change it. But I know on Android it's a bit of a hassle. On iOS it's a lot simpler. But for the time this version has been in development it would be nice if we could stop sideloading it and just get updates from the store.

• Like 1

just update... i removed and installed again wheellog and EVEN if i've set VISIBILITY to anyone

when i end my tour if i check on web site the tour was " visible only to those with link " !!

i don't know how to solve this... i tried but not luck ! @Seba or anybody else has any clues? thank you