19 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Which App version are you using? 

2.0.31 works fine for me. 

https://euc.world/getwheellog

this one , just like you ! i was thinking to use the earlier one as i remember i didn't have that problem.. i'm gonna check later !

[EDIT] older app seems to work... mmm

Edited by Simone Malicius

well ... yesterday i was ind owntown, started wheellog app waited for gps and connection " hit " start "  and " you are online " 

app start recording my activity and it goes well so i turn off screen ( app keeps on running ) 

i finish my tour and is about 15km ( app recorded it well ) but once over web i see my latest activity as 1,58km !!! ???

why? over mobile correctly report 15km and something while on the web i had a tour of 1,58km ! 

:confused1:

I don't know why when I connect the app to my EUC after a while, sometimes, it got disconnected with no reason.
It's annoying since I cannot take note of the lenght of my ride or other stuff.

Any hint? Thanks!

Is it normal for Wheellog to send a bunch of commands to my KS16X wheel when not changing settings, but just opening a settings menu?

I had it change my lights and ride mode, just by me going through all the screens in the app.

So here is a screenshot of a recent ride, monitored with WheelLog...

WheelLog

Now I'm possibly confused by using "old maths" but would someone be able to tell me how my "average speed" can be higher than my "top speed"???   :huh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So here is a screenshot of a recent ride, monitored with WheelLog...

WheelLog

Now I'm possibly confused by using "old maths" but would someone be able to tell me how my "average speed" can be higher than my "top speed"???   :huh:

You are faster than average :P

No, i agree it seems strange, but maybe you havent activated positioning by GPS in settings?

My guess is that top speed is taken from the wheel and average is calculated based on GPS (if not activated it uses regular network), but Im not sure.

Regarding distances, my guess is

Wheel = current ride

User =since i started using euc.world fork ?

As it differs from

Total = wheeldata, ridden since knew

Screenshot_20190809-173706_WheelLog-321x392.jpg.eb1bd069f8558608252f54006e365ba2.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe keep the graph but sweat the last 30 minutes in motion. In case of problems we still have the possibility to see the current spikes.

For those who want details about the course, there are euc.world or csv.

Another suggestion, in the event of a loss of the Internet, to keep the data and transmit it to reconnection. On my way home from work, I have an area without Internet and it's visible on the charts on euc.world

eucworld.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

The voltage readout is correct but it stays on 100%.

What version are you using? I have no problem with the battery level in percentage. And from other posts it seems that it's not a problem for anyone else.

There has been complaints by some that WL by Seba shows a different percentage then other/manufacture app.

@Seba wrote this in another post:

Every application uses its own algorithm to calculate battery level percentage. Most OEM apps just linearly convert battery voltage to battery percentage. As LiIon discharge characteristic is not linear, obtained percentage will be unreliable especially below 20 % of charge. Many users think about battery level like it would be a fuel gauge and complains that even if they still have 15 % of battery, EUC slows down, starts to tiltback and soon become unrideable.

So WheelLog use more reliable scale to mimic car's fuel gauge. Now you can safely go down to zero and you should still have few miles of margin to ride before wheel become unrideable. So I would say that battery charge shown by OEM apps is not correct if it shows that there is some charge left in battery, but cannot be used to ride. Of course Nikola is a new wheel and it may be needed to adapt WheelLog's algorithm to this wheel, but it need more feedback from users.

So I think if the WL shows 100% battery level, than that's a local problem in your situation (app/phone/wheel combination). Have you tried to force the app to close? Tried another phone? Maybe borrow a friends phone if you don't have a old one, and check if you get the same problem with it.

I'd like to see following improvements:

• When the app runs it creates a notification. It would be nice that if you press the WL notification that it brings the app to the front.
  • Add start, stop and pause logging til the notification
  • In the main page app. Add a reset button. Often when I have been on a trip. I stop the logging bot to euc.world and to the csv file. By pressing the coresponding icons. Then I go out of the app by using the back button. When I open the app later for ny trip the main page still shows the same info that was there when quitting the app. If I start to log to a new trip. The voice notifications reads out the stats as if I'm continuing on the previous trip. Have to force close the app by opening the app management.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next update with Flic support. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EldARon said:

What version are you using? I have no problem with the battery level in percentage. And from other posts it seems that it's not a problem for anyone else.

There has been complaints by some that WL by Seba shows a different percentage then other/manufacture app.

@Seba wrote this in another post:

So I think if the WL shows 100% battery level, than that's a local problem in your situation (app/phone/wheel combination). Have you tried to force the app to close? Tried another phone? Maybe borrow a friends phone if you don't have a old one, and check if you get the same problem with it.

It's the same on all of them. Voltage is correct, % is always 100. 

How many people here are using it on a KS16X?

It works perfectly with my Z10.

1 hour ago, EldARon said:

I'd like to see following improvements:

• When the app runs it creates a notification. It would be nice that if you press the WL notification that it brings the app to the front.
  • Add start, stop and pause logging til the notification

These features existed in early versions of WheelLog. and the launching the app on the pebble.

7 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

How many people here are using it on a KS16X?

That I don't know. But as Seba described in the the quote I referred to. "Every application uses its own algorithm to calculate battery level percentage". That means that the app calculates the the percentage based on voltage. There might be something strange with 16X. But that is strange too since the app shows the right voltage

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Also @Seba would it be possible to fix the battery level for the KS16X? The voltage readout is correct but it stays on 100%.

It's already fixed in my development version and will be available with next update. I plan to publish it very soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, Seba said:

Personally I would like to remove the graph feature from WL. It's hard to use and on longer rides slows down the whole app, making it sluggish and unstable. It's also more likely to be killed by the Android system on devices with limited resources (RAM and CPU power).

Yes... Kill the graph!

To view a graph that is at all useful, the only real option is to export the data, view it in something like Exce; and then add new graphs.

Use the right tools for the right job... Let the app capture the data, but don't try to display it all too (on a tiny 4" screen)!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1