KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

25 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Great video Mike, but you really left us hanging ;)

Wow, for you to overpower the MSuper V3 - you really lean into your starts. I tend to be much more cautious, but I guess your method is more fun :thumbup:

Enjoyed watching this and very nice commentary that you added regarding EWheels. You'll make @Jason McNeil happy.

Looking forward to the additional part(s) :popcorn:

Edited by Marty Backe

32 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

the lights should illuminate when you turn it on while charging.... they dont even when its on, just blank? im sure there will be new firmware any day there always are bugs on release

@magicrobots if you turn off lighting on previous KS18L/XL models it disable the idle status lights too.

Since I don't look at these very often I can't recall if that changed in a firmware update or just talked about changing this. Maybe @Marty Backecan elaborate as I recall him not happy about this for his 18XL.

So from what you early receivers of KS16X, I would expect an very soon App/firmw update. 

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@magicrobots if you turn off lighting on previous KS18L/XL models it disable the idle status lights too.

Hm, I don't see an idle status light option - and was unable to affect the plugged in light status using anything in the app.

No big deal I can work with this!

Definitely curious to see how quickly Kingsong is able to respond to this stuff.  Early adoption is a fun way to technology!

Thanks for all of your help y'all.

After only about 10 miles on the 16x jumping back on the 18xl I almost immediately crashed. Guess it takes a bit for me to develop my sea legs.

Just now, magicrobots said:

Hm, I don't see an idle status light option - and was unable to affect the plugged in light status using anything in the app.

No big deal I can work with this!

Definitely curious to see how quickly Kingsong is able to respond to this stuff.  Early adoption is a fun way to technology!

Thanks for all of your help y'all.

After only about 10 miles on the 16x jumping back on the 18xl I almost immediately crashed. Guess it takes a bit for me to develop my sea legs.

It will be where you set colours, if you turn off these then you turned off status lights too. 

One setting is on/off for sidelight. The other is for music sync lights, to flash with music playing on the wheel speakers. 

Well I had to walk the last 500 yards back to my truck. Lol.  Once it wouldn’t stop saying “low battery please charge” over and over I didn’t wanna take a chance of dumping it even at 4 mph so I walked it the rest of the way with the trolley handling and it made it. It’s charging now. My son is fine-tuning a quick video that I will post shortly.  I can’t believe the battery indicator says 100% and then it’s not. I guess it’s giving you the percentage from the time you activate it as 100%. I’m sure it will be accurate tomorrow when it really is 100%. We shall see.   This thing rides great. Right on par with the Nikola. Video will come shortly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It will be where you set colours, if you turn off these then you turned off status lights too. 

One setting is on/off for sidelight. The other is for music sync lights, to flash with music playing on the wheel speakers. 

Hm.

I have Magic, Spectra, Night Light and Night Light Flashing.

And I've just discovered that when I toggle any of these, the wheel beeps, and the setting doesn't take! So that's good to know. Maybe it's just set to off, and is unable to be set to on. :)

1 hour ago, magicrobots said:

Oh, and for those who are curious about the side pads, the one at the top center is a nice soft foam, and the ones on the bottom front/back look the same but are firmer plastic. Here's an image of me pushing with the same amount of force on each section to give you an idea.

Adam

IMG_2431.jpg

Wow. That pleather is brilliant! Much better than delicate soft rubber foam.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Part 2 successful uploaded. 

Nothing screams Performance Wheel like, "Please decelerate"

Yeah, the one thing I hate about KingSong is all the app dependencies and Nanny features. It's a bit more tolerable once you've been a KingSong owner for awhile, but I still don't like it.

And KingSong is known for generating "killer tilt-back" :D

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mike Paolini said:

Part 2 successful uploaded. 

Good vids, thanks for sharing.  Holy hell, those insects are loud as fawk.  Had to mute portions, too piercing.

3 hours ago, Tom D said:

Good vids, thanks for sharing.  Holy hell, those insects are loud as fawk.  Had to mute portions, too piercing.

Sorry about that, the clip on mic died.   And to be fair the insects are bitching about the heat and telling folks not to go outside.

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

Liking the pedal angle 

Peddles are really comfortable and well done.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nothing screams Performance Wheel like, "Please decelerate"

Yeah, the one thing I hate about KingSong is all the app dependencies and Nanny features. It's a bit more tolerable once you've been a KingSong owner for awhile, but I still don't like it.

And KingSong is known for generating "killer tilt-back" :D

Truth.  

And you have to give them your phone number to unlock it - not an email.  More, I'm told they busted WheelLog on the KS16x on purpose by chaining the speed limiter protocol....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Truth.  

And you have to give them your phone number to unlock it - not an email.  More, I'm told they busted WheelLog on the KS16x on purpose by chaining the speed limiter protocol....

the kingsong app has always had exclusive rights to change speed limit across all models unfortunately

3 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

More, I'm told they busted WheelLog on the KS16x on purpose by chaining the speed limiter protocol....

What? WheelLog doesn't work on the 16X? Can someone confirm that? 

Being that the 16X is my first King Song, a bit curious to how quickly firmware and app updates come out to address some of these issues? I know it took a bit for 18L/XL owners to be satisfied and confident with the firmware and their wheels. Now it seems like everyone is very happy with the current 18L/XL state, right?

Battery percentage being stuck at 100% is a very significant issue. Until that's fixed, I'll probably be doing loops around my neighborhood so I'm not too far from home.  It's really hard to believe that doesn't work.  Wouldn't mind hearing @US69 chime in. Thanks!

Edited by HarpMudd
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Battery percentage being stuck at 100% is a very significant issue. Until that's fixed, I'll probably be doing loops around my neighborhood so I'm not too far from home. 

You can view the battery level on the exterior of the wheel when it's powered up though, so you can go on nice big rides and know where you're at!

My biggest problem is that none of the settings I apply through the app seem to be saving. Essentially the app is useless other than viewing speed! Definitely looking forward to an update.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Being that the 16X is my first King Song, a bit curious to how quickly firmware and app updates come out to address some of these issues? I know it took a bit for 18L/XL owners to be satisfied and confident with the firmware and their wheels. Now it seems like everyone is very happy with the current 18L/XL state, right?

Battery percentage being stuck at 100% is a very significant issue. Until that's fixed, I'll probably be doing loops around my neighborhood so I'm not too far from home.  It's really hard to believe that doesn't work.  Wouldn't mind hearing @US69 chime in. Thanks!

I’m not sure but I believe the battery percentage had to do with it giving you a mark from where you first turned it on.  I don’t know if that makes sense or not.  In other words I turned it on and activated it for the first time and let’s say it was really at 40% but the apps all called at 100% and marked it down from that.  I could be wrong but we’ll find out. I hope I’m right otherwise that means like you said it’s inaccurate, it won’t work correctly and that’s not good.  I’m fully charging it and I will let you know later if it acts normal now that it really is 100% charged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

I’m not sure but I believe the battery percentage had to do with it giving you a mark from where you first turned it on.  I don’t know if that makes sense or not.  In other words I turned it on and activated it for the first time and let’s say it was really at 40% but the apps all called at 100% and marked it down from that.  I could be wrong but we’ll find out. I hope I’m right otherwise that means like you said it’s inaccurate, it won’t work correctly and that’s not good.  I’m fully charging it and I will let you know later if it acts normal now that it really is 100% charged. 

Is voltage reported correctly?

2 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

Current Power level is indicated by the number of LED's from 1-12 that light up while the wheel is powered on and idle. (I uploaded a picture and a video earlier in the thread).

If you weren't seeing any, you batter must have been really low... made  a couple of dots or you have the lights off.

2 hours ago, magicrobots said:

You can view the battery level on the exterior of the wheel when it's powered up though, so you can go on nice big rides and know where you're at!

My biggest problem is that none of the settings I apply through the app seem to be saving. Essentially the app is useless other than viewing speed! Definitely looking forward to an update.

If the settings in the app are not sticking, try logging-out (under settings in your profile page), the powering the EUC off, then logging into the app with your phone # (it requires phone), then powering the EUC on and connecting. 

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

This is has never been my experience in any of the apps - and in particular on the King Song Apps.