KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Current Power level is indicated by the number of LED's from 1-12 that light up while the wheel is powered on and idle. (I uploaded a picture and a video earlier in the thread).

If you weren't seeing any, you batter must have been really low... made  a couple of dots or you have the lights off.

If the settings in the app are not sticking, try logging-out (under settings in your profile page), the powering the EUC off, then logging into the app with your phone # (it requires phone), then powering the EUC on and connecting. 

This is has never been my experience in any of the apps - and in particular on the King Song Apps.

Me neither. So if we are right that means it doesn’t work.  Honestly I was trying to be optimistic. 

Edited by Patton250

6 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I watched the clip expecting the 16X to become unstable. Then it oscillated all over the place and he bailed.
My purchase finger has now retracted back into my hand. What a nightmare.
Who will be the next to do a similar test? @Patton250?

There's no way in hell that I would ride the 16X given this scenario. It's a bit different, but brings back memories from my MSuper V3s+ oscillation firmware bug.

Once that happens to you, trust me, you'll never want to ride the wheel again until you absolutely know that it's fixed.

KingSong for the win :thumbup:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

There's no way in hell that I would ride the 16X given this scenario. It's a bit different, but brings back memories from my MSuper V3s+ oscillation firmware bug.

Once that happens to you, trust me, you'll never want to ride the wheel again until you absolutely know that it's fixed.

KingSong for the win :thumbup:

Now we need to find a name.
KingWrong? Too lame.
DingSong? Sounds racist...
SpinWrong? Too complicated and far off.

Also don't worry Marty I have reaction videos for every occasion.

• Like 1

These are exactly the kind of unexpected issues that arise from late changes in a prosuct"'s development process.

When people applauded the change from a 2kW motor to a new 2.2kW one, I warned that this was risky. Maybe this new instability that Kuji has found is not related to the new motor, but certainly the earlier oscillation in the prototypes was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, neurokinetik said:

I have to wonder how many unintended issues may have been caused by the efforts to make the wheel "quiet".

That's just a change in the PWM frequency (mosfet control frequency). I don't believe that has much potential to cause problems. But I'm always ready to be pleasantly surprised by our beloved manufacturers;)

10 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I can love their ride and creativity, mTen3, but hate their life endangering cost cutting practices.    Also who the hell using a paper speaker at the bottom of the wheel exposed to the elements (and in particular water)?  But as I said, there is pixie dust in their controller software that just makes them more fun to ride than everybody else.  Hell, I still prefer to ride the mSuper V3 over the KS18L and KS18XL.

(Also I'd argue Gotway's mTen3 plotted the course for all EUC's to follow - 3" tire, check.  Crazy motor (800w) to weight ratio (22 pounds) and torque, check (KS16x is now roughly 3x that motor at 2200W and double that weight), and inline, rather than extruding, pads check, and a directional body with a front and a back, check). 

I hope you're seeing my smiley faces.

I enjoy all my wheels, warts and all :thumbup:

Well this KS16X looks a lot like pc online game release. 

*Gone gold (ready for shipment) 

*fast air priority shipping (prerelease download start for pre-orders) 

*Shipping (downloading) 

*Fast shipment end user first few hours (first users login to servers as they are be finializied, then overloaded) 

*Emergency hotfix/patching (First firmware update and app version) 

*Production/shipment halted (longer unscheduled server downtime) 

*2-3 months later smooth fun (great time riding) 

.... Question here is how fast KS are able to smoothen out the speed bumps. 

I don’t think the call out for 50kmh speed and KS buckle for this demand was the best choose. For KS to keep within their safety margins I suspect the late motor change. Not helping either.

So trying to please Gotway users, Kingsong made risky choices... That I do expect them to sort out. After all it is Kingsong. 😎

Firmware fixes are cheaper that having to buy new main board, because you got stuck with fastlane production dude 🙄

So @Marty Backe do I get a KS fan-card 😁

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well this KS16X looks a lot like pc online game release. 

*Gone gold (ready for shipment) 

*fast air priority shipping (prerelease download start for pre-orders) 

*Shipping (downloading) 

*Fast shipment end user first few hours (first users login to servers as they are be finializied, then overloaded) 

*Emergency hotfix/patching (First firmware update and app version) 

*Production/shipment halted (longer unscheduled server downtime) 

*2-3 months later smooth fun (great time riding) 

.... Question here is how fast KS are able to smoothen out the speed bumps. 

I don’t think the call out for 50kmh speed and KS buckle for this demand was the best choose. For KS to keep within their safety margins I suspect the late motor change. Not helping either.

So trying to please Gotway users, Kingsong made risky choices... That I do expect them to sort out. After all it is Kingsong. 😎

Firmware fixes are cheaper that having to buy new main board, because you got stuck with fastlane production dude 🙄

So @Marty Backe do I get a KS fan-card 😁

i just dont see how 50 could be a problem with a 2000W motor at all... its no problem on the KS18L/XL.... there are a dozen or more gotway EUCs that can do 50 easily.. i cant see why they thought they needed to change the motor to make 50 safe?? i think all will be solved with firmware updates though, how many issues on the V10 were solved with firmware updates lol, gotway needs to get their ass in gear if they just slow down a little bit, put more of their money into QC and have better boards with the ability to update they will pull away way more customers from KS and IM than they do currently they could have been the number 1 manufacturer if they didnt have such bad QC and werent so overzealous 

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, believe me, everyone knows you have KingSong embroidered on your pillow cases :D

Great we agreed 👍

41 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i just dont see how 50 could be a problem with a 2000W motor at all... its no problem on the KS18L/XL.... there are a dozen or more gotway EUCs that can do 50 easily.. i cant see why they thought they needed to change the motor to make 50 safe?? 

I think they may have done so because it is a smaller diameter, 16in instead of 18in, and needs more power to do more RPM to get to the same speed? 

The Rockwheel GT16 also has a 2000w and 50km/h isn't safe on it (there's a famous video of a faceplant at 52km/h)

• Upvote 1

The other is that Kuji has found in his extreme limit testing, that under very hard acceleration, follow by deceleration, the 16X can become unstable. KS are working on a firmware fix for these issues shortly. 

Holy shit, now I'm happy that I get my 16X very late. In the meantime KS have enough time to fix it...I hope. :cry2:

• Upvote 1

So not sure how many of you have seen eWheels.com note on the KS16X getting up and running, and yes I knew about this yesterday but didn't feel this was my information to share at the time - but since it has been released, but I feel it is important to distribute in light of the conversation on wobbles during breaking I'm experiencing at mid and higher speeds.  Yes it may just be me being out of shape and getting my sea legs on this thing, but on the other hand I have zero wobbles below say 15 mph, just a sort vibrations I can feel which I am guessing is caused by the stronger magnets having their field crossed.  That is, I'm not sure it's limited to HARD acceleration and deceleration, and am a little worried it's actually more tied to speed and breaking force requested including moderate levels.

Here's the section of the email & the link:  

Current Firmware Bugs: 
There are two issues in first v1.01 release; the first is that the battery level seems to always display 100%, irrespective of the actual state of the charge.  
The other is that Kuji has found in his extreme limit testing, that under very hard acceleration, follow by deceleration, the 16X can become unstable. KS are working on a firmware fix for these issues shortly. 

that was terrifying.. i wouldnt ride one until that was confirmed to be fixed you can never know when youll need to suddenly slam on the brakes thats a significant safety hazard

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

I think they may have done so because it is a smaller diameter, 16in instead of 18in, and needs more power to do more RPM to get to the same speed? 

The Rockwheel GT16 also has a 2000w and 50km/h isn't safe on it (there's a famous video of a faceplant at 52km/h)

not sure.. but the tesla can do 60, the nikola can do more than that.. even the acm could do 50.. i think theyre just being overly cautious because it wouldnt be safe for someone 300 lbs to do 50.. maybe the original rockwheel the most current one can do 50 easily enough imo theyre just wanting even more of a safety buffer