KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

not sure.. but the tesla can do 60, the nikola can do more than that.. even the acm could do 50.. i think theyre just being overly cautious because it wouldnt be safe for someone 300 lbs to do 50.. maybe the original rockwheel the most current one can do 50 easily enough imo theyre just wanting even more of a safety buffer

Yes, I see what you mean, they want it to be safe at 50km/h, at the max load stated, as the slope degree stated. And I can understand that, it it's not the case they could loose credibility and trust. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean Dublin said:

Yes, I see what you mean, they want it to be safe at 50km/h, at the max load stated, as the slope degree stated. And I can understand that, it it's not the case they could loose credibility and trust. 

yup.. gotway might state the best you can do in the best scenario, where KS wants literally every person who ever stands on it to be able to get the listed specs... except for distance of course.. what is with the absolutely ludicrous stated range from all manufacturers? i wasnt born yesterday, nor am i braindead.. i know that nobody on the face of the planet can get 160 km on 1600 wh.. most people would be lucky to get half that.. who do they think theyre fooling, why lie lol

32 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

that was terrifying.. i wouldnt ride one until that was confirmed to be fixed you can never know when youll need to suddenly slam on the brakes thats a significant safety hazard

Wow you ain’t kidding. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Which charger comes with the 16X? 

1,5A or 2,5A?

2.5... the former would take eons to charge it up lol

21 minutes ago, magicrobots said:

Hey folks, took the 16x on about 30 miles of off road trails and hard riding today.  It was an incredible performer. I had the riding mode in the medium setting for most of the time, and did find that at 25mph and above it had a jittery feel to it.

Then I switched to experient and the wheel feels solid as a rock. I've only gotten it up to about 27mph as I was on a pretty bumpy crushed gravel path but the wheel felt AMAZING.

Climbing very technical trails with large (helmet sized) rocks and huge roots the wheel jumped over them all eagerly. I am absolutely in love.

I didn't try to reproduce Kuji's hard acceleration -> hard deceleration but I did go up and down huge hills and did some drops (nothing huge, maybe 2 - 3 feet tops) and had no issues.

The wheel did make an AWFUL noise at one point, but we found there was a stone stuck between the wheel and the housing so it was going berzerk trying to accommodate the new variable in the system.

Got some nice scratches from crashing into boulders or over stone walls. Developing a nice patina - but the shell held together wonderfully - not fragile as far as I can tell.

If you want to see some footage there's a little bit on my instagram story @magicrobots.

dirty16x.jpg

that's some good damage for having it like one day >.> think the only person who beat you was kuji lol.. KS is up for it though they build to last

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

So not sure how many of you have seen eWheels.com note on the KS16X getting up and running, and yes I knew about this yesterday but didn't feel this was my information to share at the time - but since it has been released, but I feel it is important to distribute in light of the conversation on wobbles during breaking I'm experiencing at mid and higher speeds.  Yes it may just be me being out of shape and getting my sea legs on this thing, but on the other hand I have zero wobbles below say 15 mph, just a sort vibrations I can feel which I am guessing is caused by the stronger magnets having their field crossed.  That is, I'm not sure it's limited to HARD acceleration and deceleration, and am a little worried it's actually more tied to speed and breaking force requested including moderate levels.

Here's the section of the email & the link:  

Current Firmware Bugs: 
There are two issues in first v1.01 release; the first is that the battery level seems to always display 100%, irrespective of the actual state of the charge.  
The other is that Kuji has found in his extreme limit testing, that under very hard acceleration, follow by deceleration, the 16X can become unstable. KS are working on a firmware fix for these issues shortly. 

When did he film this? Was this with the new 16SX that we all got or a demo??  I haven’t experienced this wobble at all at any speed when braking. Not even a little tiny bit.  Also I noticed my battery percentage dropping as I used the wheel yesterday but it didn’t start at a true 100% even know it said 100% when I first turned it on. . I’m very confused about all of this.  Is anyone else complaining?  Kuji hasn’t done a YouTube video on it yet either that I can see. My 16X  rides as smooth if not smoother than any wheel I own including my Nikola and MSX.  Are you guys saying this thing is a ticking time bomb? @Marty Backe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

not sure.. but the tesla can do 60, the nikola can do more than that.. even the acm could do 50.. i think theyre just being overly cautious because it wouldnt be safe for someone 300 lbs to do 50.. maybe the original rockwheel the most current one can do 50 easily enough imo theyre just wanting even more of a safety buffer

Not so sure the Tesla is rated for 60km/h :ph34r:,  You definitely will be in the hospital before hitting 60km/h :facepalm:. Tesla I presume is rated for 55km/h and the same goes for the ACM2. The ACMs+ is rated for 50km/h.:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just saw the Kuji video, and wow, I would've never ordered the 16x if I've seen that before. 

I thought the oscillation was a small vibration, not a full blown runaway death wobble. 

This is not a firmware issue, but something resonate about the geometry of the wheel. They can bandaid it with firmware adjustments of the PID response, but this wheel is just fundamentally flawed.

3 minutes ago, KAY GEE said:

Not so sure the Tesla is rated for 60km/h :ph34r:,  You definitely will be in the hospital before hitting 60km/h :facepalm:. Tesla I presume is rated for 55km/h and the same goes for the ACM2. The ACMs+ is rated for 50km/h.:thumbup:

depends on your weight.. this is what gotway has stated in the past.. even their written speed is "55 kmph+" and we all know they only write somewhat conservative speeds.. i havent personally done 60 on a tesla but i would bet money i could.. even so everyone knows the tesla can do 50 constantly without breaking a sweat so why not the almost two year newer KS16X?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisjunlee said:

I just saw the Kuji video, and wow, I would've never ordered the 16x if I've seen that before. 

I thought the oscillation was a small vibration, not a full blown runaway death wobble. 

This is not a firmware issue, but something resonate about the geometry of the wheel. They can bandaid it with firmware adjustments of the PID response, but this wheel is just fundamentally flawed.

waiting for someone to comment on whether this was a final production wheel or one of the test units.. so far no one else has commented about it but i seriously doubt anyone else wants to try it lol

12 minutes ago, magicrobots said:

@Patton250 what riding mode are you rolling in? I've found "experient" is smooth as silk, but the middle one is jittery like a rattlesnake.

I have rode 95% of the time in expert mode. I only tried the other two just to see how it felt. I have not done any hard testing in anything other than expert mode and mine is very smooth also. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

waiting for someone to comment on whether this was a final production wheel or one of the test units.. so far no one else has commented about it but i seriously doubt anyone else wants to try it lol

I have guests but I’m willing to go try it. I am not going to go 31 mph and do it though.  I will floor it as hard as I can up to about 15 mph and then hit the brakes hard. Although I have already done that over and over again.   I have also hit the brakes as hard as I can from 31 mph but not after getting up to that speed as fast as I could. Does that make sense? LOL 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I have guests but I’m willing to go try it. I am not going to go 31 mph and do it though.  I will floor it as hard as I can up to about 15 mph and then hit the brakes hard. Although I have already done that over and over again.   I have also hit the brakes as hard as I can from 31 mph but not after getting up to that speed as fast as I could. Does that make sense? LOL 

RIP, kidding.. yea that makes perfect sense.. i just looked at the video and it was posted yesterday though.... which makes me think its a production unit and not a test one....

Edited by Rywokast

I get my 16X in four days. Fortunately that gives all you guinea pigs enough time to floor it and brake as hard as you can before I give it a go. :P If experienced mode is smooth as silk and medium is jittery, it definitely seems like this can be tuned in the firmware. I'm not sure if we have the whole story here from the Kuji video.

Edited by HarpMudd

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

To prevent confusion of the normal high speed wobbling/oscillation, I've been calling it a bobbling issue, as it reminds me of a bobble head doll; wheel body bobbles as one piece, not pedal-to-pedal / side-to-side.

I would call it radial oscillation (vs axial).

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FrankFilmer said:

The factory 18XL charger is only 1.5A :mellow:

really? i never even looked lol use the ewheels charger.. thats super lame

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, they didn't fix the high speed bobbling I see. (BTW, every time KS claimed to have fixed during the pre-prod run, it was never fixed, no change here I guess).

FYI, through the pre-prod run, we were told to keep it on experienced mode, as the issue became worse with any less hard mode.

I guess this is why Kuji has been quiet even though on IG it seems he received his wheel much earlier (God bless him, I am not prepared to 'test' a wheel that hard, not that I particularly believe in 'hard braking' to begin with).

And FYI also, this is not oscillation IMHO, it happens evenly on both sides.

To prevent confusion of the normal high speed wobbling/oscillation, I've been calling it a bobbling issue, as it reminds me of a bobble head doll; wheel body bobbles as one piece, not pedal-to-pedal / side-to-side.

Why isn’t my doing it? What do I have to do to make it happen?

• Like 1