New GotWay Nikola 17''

EcoDrift

On 7/2/2019 at 1:11 PM, Nils said:

Not to derail the thread (hopefully, and have a look at the "Riding Safety and Protective Gear" sub forum instead for more details or alternatives) but I'm personally using this now which is nice: https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Demon_Flex_Force_Pro_Body_Armour_Top_XL_BlackGreen-(135113)). A warning though, if you're like me your torso won't look anything like in the picture, it's more like

image.png.8fd0281b06f8ce218922012a845cc7ba.png

but add some weird turtlesque to the reality as well :)

Can you wear that with their wrist guards?

On 7/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, Smoother said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love has stopped riding after a seemingly innocuous curb lip tossed him to the ground and damaged a shoulder ( a shoulder he needed for his job). And after months of no drama riding, I got tossed to the ground recently by a minor wet curb, bruising my hip bone

I was wondering why I didn't see any posts of him, on my return to the forums after a few months of absence.

58 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

[Demon Flex Force Pro Body Armour Top]

Can you wear that with their wrist guards?

Their own wrist guards you mean? In that case I don't know, but I would assume so. Works fine with mine at any rate, the sleeves are rather thin (and stretchy) so I either just pull them up above the wrist guards or pull them over.

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

Perhaps you're just born with cowboy legs, or have ridden so many wheels now that your body have adapted :)

image.png.ad4127db1bbe5e1755e2febd9f5b9c8e.png

I'll leave it to @Rehab1 to magically attach the rest of Marty's body and a wheel somehow.

:laughbounce2:

Please, don't encourage him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2:

Please, don't encourage him.

I can't help it. I wounder what hilarious picture @Rehab1 or @Hunka Hunka Burning Love can cook up🤯:popcorn::thumbup:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nils said:

Their own wrist guards you mean? In that case I don't know, but I would assume so. Works fine with mine at any rate, the sleeves are rather thin (and stretchy) so I either just pull them up above the wrist guards or pull them over.

There is nothing in the lower part of the sleeves?

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

There is nothing in the lower part of the sleeves?

They end with a slightly elastic "border" (for lack of a better word), which has a silicon pattern inside for grip. They're still wide enough that I can pull them over my killer 187 wrist guards, or as I said I'll just pull the sleeves up the arm to make way for the wrist guards.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:38 AM, Nils said:

I agree that this is a serious issue and that everyone should be aware and act accordingly, but I have to point out that as my board didn't suffer from glued MOSFETs it's not 100%.

So @Nils did you open yours up and find that your first gen board was put together better than some other and with no glue ? 

• Upvote 1

So I lowered the tire pressure to 30 psi and this thing still bounces.  In my opinion it acts like a tire that is out of balance.  Of course I don’t know that to be the case because I don’t have enough experience at this but none of my other wheels do this.  Also the stupid alarm keeps going off at 20 mph. It won’t stop beeping once I reach that speed. How do I get rid of that?  Lastly I don’t think I’m going to get used to the pads. I’m probably going to go ahead and take them off.  I ordered a very thin no stick pad one of you guys posted the link to on Amazon. I’ll have that Saturday and try that out. Thanks guys. 

6 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

So I lowered the tire pressure to 30 psi and this thing still bounces.  In my opinion it acts like a tire that is out of balance.  Of course I don’t know that to be the case because I don’t have enough experience at this but none of my other wheels do this.  Also the stupid alarm keeps going off at 20 mph. It won’t stop beeping once I reach that speed. How do I get rid of that?  Lastly I don’t think I’m going to get used to the pads. I’m probably going to go ahead and take them off.  I ordered a very thin no stick pad one of you guys posted the link to on Amazon. I’ll have that Saturday and try that out. Thanks guys. 

I'd lower the tire pressure more until you feel comfortable on the wheel.   From what I remember you posted that you're fairly lightweight so that generally requires lower tire pressure for the same result.   

On the GW app, select disable first alarm, disable second alarm, and tilt-back at 48 kph.   That's the extent that you need to use that app IMO but it should eliminate all alarms until you're near the max.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

you should post a video.. no idea of what you mean by "bounces".. tire pressure is personal preference, i ride at 60, which is half my weight.. never been an issue.. i dont think its related to tire pressure if it is what you say.. it could be out of balance,, find some way like a stand to hoist it up and let it run,, watch the wheel to see if its wobbling, i know its happened before where someones rim was bent or something was misaligned and you could actually see it wobbling like crazy while free spinning..

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

you should post a video.. no idea of what you mean by "bounces".. tire pressure is personal preference, i ride at 60, which is half my weight.. never been an issue.. i dont think its related to tire pressure if it is what you say.. it could be out of balance,, find some way like a stand to hoist it up and let it run,, watch the wheel to see if its wobbling, i know its happened before where someones rim was bent or something was misaligned and you could actually see it wobbling like crazy while free spinning..

Up and down very quickly. Perhaps only a quarter of an inch per cycle but it’s rapid. Enough to make my brain shake. LOL 

You’re right tire pressure has nothing to do with it because it’s doing it at 45 psi 40 psi 35 psi and now 30 psi. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Up and down very quickly. Perhaps only a quarter of an inch per cycle but it’s rapid. Enough to make my brain shake. LOL 

You’re right tire pressure has nothing to do with it because it’s doing it at 45 psi 40 psi 35 psi and now 30 psi. 

oh up and down... yea its most likely not seated properly then... examine the wheel and the bead on the rim very closely, from the sounds of it should be quite obvious to see... deflate it fully, if you have tire levers use them to go all around and make sure everything is adjusted and seated properly then inflate it back up, see if it looks and feels perfect then take it out to test... sounds like a really simple fix i can almost guarantee you thats nothing to do with the euc itself, just the tire

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I got tossed to the ground recently by a minor wet curb

I saw @Marty Backe slip and fall when his tire hit a slimy wet spot in one of his YouTube episodes sometime in the past few months. My most recent fall was about 9 months ago when I turned too sharply and scraped a pedal. No wetness involved there, but last winter I fell a few times when my tire hit ice that I did not see.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:31 AM, Nils said:

you should worry less about the wheel cutting out from you compared to other factors such as ground conditions, external environment and your skill level.

Yes, in 3.5 years riding several EUCs (including 2 "beginner" approximately $200 ones) I have had 0 cutouts, but countless falls for other reasons!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

What do you guys think 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What do you guys think 

watching it in slo-mo i do notice a slight wobble, but nothing extreme enough to be considered out of the ordinary... have you checked the tires position on the rim all the way around?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

watching it in slo-mo i do notice a slight wobble, but nothing extreme enough to be considered out of the ordinary... have you checked the tires position on the rim all the way around?

I have not done that yet because I really don’t understand what you guys are talking about. I apologize. I understand deflate the tire. I understand put a can there and spin the wheel to see if it’s uneven. I don’t understand what to do to correct. 

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I have not done that yet because I really don’t understand what you guys are talking about. I apologize. I understand deflate the tire. I understand put a can there and spin the wheel to see if it’s uneven. I don’t understand what to do to correct. 

I will be glad to PM somebody my phone number to talk me through this. I’m somewhat handy so I’m pretty sure I can handle basic stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

ok so ill assume that changing euc tires is something new to you, hmmm.. in laymans terms basically the tire has a groove in it, the tire is an extremely tight fit on the rim for obvious reasons and the rim should perfectly slot inside of this groove... basically, if it is not perfectly seated into the groove all the way around the rim, then obviously it cant be perfectly even and if bad enough the spot that isnt seated properly will be noticeable every time it contacts the ground as the tire is spinning.. basically just make sure the tire is seated properly all the way around the rim it should be really obvious what im talking about once you look at it

its a bad picture but see how the tire is seated.. this is what it should look like across the entire rim on both sides,, normally that line on the tire is even closer to the rim, but i like to keep my tires inflated to 60 PSI so they bulge very slightly, but nonetheless it is perfectly even all across

20180629_183040.jpg

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

ok so ill assume that changing euc tires is something new to you, hmmm.. in laymans terms basically the tire has a groove in it, the tire is an extremely tight fit on the rim for obvious reasons and the rim should perfectly slot inside of this groove... basically, if it is not perfectly seated into the groove all the way around the rim, then obviously it cant be perfectly even and if bad enough the spot that isnt seated properly will be noticeable every time it contacts the ground as the tire is spinning.. basically just make sure the tire is seated properly all the way around the rim it should be really obvious what im talking about once you look at it

Thanks.  That’s easy. I don’t have to remove any of the panels to get access to the tire right? 

Just now, Patton250 said:

Thanks.  That’s easy. I don’t have to remove any of the panels to get access to the tire right? 

no no nothing like that.. youre not changing the tire or anything just lay it on its side and spin the tire around slowly examining it... check my pic for where to look