New GotWay Nikola 17''

39 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What do you guys think 

1. Deflate your tire enough (not completely flat) until you can push the tire down while pushing downward motion towards the rim.

2. Turn the wheel around, sections at a time while your pushing your tire towards the rim. This will set your tire bead into the rim.

3. Pump some additional air into the tire and repeat step 2.

4. Pump air to your comfort psi.

The tire has a line next to the rim's edge that should be of equal distance from the rim all the way around.

Hope this helps.

Like always enjoy the ride.

Edited by Dave U
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

What do you guys think 

To be honest, that really doesn't look bad. Mine probably has the same amount of movement. The thing is, everybody has different sensitivities for all kinds of wheel related things. Maybe you're super sensitive to non-perfect tires? I'm certainly not saying it's in your head, just that it bothers you but maybe it wouldn't bother me.

Did you try @mrelwood's bottle suggestion to actually measure the out-of-roundness?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

So @Nils did you open yours up and find that your first gen board was put together better than some other and with no glue ? 

I did. In the interest of correctness I should say that it wasn't completely glue free in that it had a small dot of glue to to the side of one MOSFET, but nothing of consequence with regards to the thermal function.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

To be honest, that really doesn't look bad. Mine probably has the same amount of movement. The thing is, everybody has different sensitivities for all kinds of wheel related things. Maybe you're super sensitive to non-perfect tires? I'm certainly not saying it's in your head, just that it bothers you but maybe it wouldn't bother me.

Did you try @mrelwood's bottle suggestion to actually measure the out-of-roundness?

I will. Lots of time today to mess with it. 

• Like 1

The tire movement from the video looks completely normal (for today's EUCs) but if you notice any unevenness while riding (like riding over equidistant bumps, you feel a small bump regularly, and they come quicker if you go faster), then by definition there's a problem (oherwise, if you don't notice anything during riding, everything is as perfect as it can be).

In addition to reseating your tire so it's on the rim nicely and evenly (and if that didn't help), check if your metal tire rim is bent. This can be very hard to see, but if you check it everywhere closely (also by feeling the width with your fingers or maybe a cardboard shape), maybe there's an irregularity (rim bent outwards or inwards in a spot) you can find. Such an irregularity could also be felt as regular small bumps/jolts while riding that come faster with speed (once per tire rotation).

Most likely you just need to reseat your tire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The tire movement from the video looks completely normal (for today's EUCs) but if you notice any unevenness while riding (like riding over equidistant bumps, you feel a small bump regularly, and they come quicker if you go faster), then by definition there's a problem (oherwise, if you don't notice anything during riding, everything is as perfect as it can be).

In addition to reseating your tire so it's on the rim nicely and evenly (and if that didn't help), check if your metal tire rim is bent. This can be very hard to see, but if you check it everywhere closely (also by feeling the width with your fingers or maybe a cardboard shape), maybe there's an irregularity (rim bent outwards or inwards in a spot) you can find. Such an irregularity could also be felt as regular small bumps/jolts while riding that come faster with speed (once per tire rotation).

Most likely you just need to reseat your tire.

This is exactly what is happening. In fact you described it much better than I did. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Any ideas on how to make the alarm stop going off at 20mph???

turn it off lol,, change alarm settings in gotway app

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

turn it off lol,, change alarm settings in gotway app

Brother I promise I wouldn’t bother you if it was that simple. I did change it and it didn’t work.  I turned off both alarms in the GW app. Alarm 1 and alarm 2.

i think what might be happening is when I open the darkness bot app it overrides the GW app settings. Does this make sense?  Every time I open the DB app the max speed is reset back to 19 mph and I have to change it to 31 mph. 

Edited by Patton250
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patton250 said:

Brother I promise I wouldn’t bother you if it was that simple. I did change it and it didn’t work.  I turned off both alarms in the GW app. Alarm 1 and alarm 2

I had to connect the app multiple times before it recognized my disable actions. You should hear a beep when it works. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks  so much guys. I’m going for a ride shortly. I’ll report back when I get home. 

This forum has been incredibly helpful. I hope you guys don’t mind me asking stupid newbie questions. 

Edited by Patton250
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I saw @Marty Backe slip and fall when his tire hit a slimy wet spot in one of his YouTube episodes sometime in the past few months. My most recent fall was about 9 months ago when I turned too sharply and scraped a pedal. No wetness involved there, but last winter I fell a few times when my tire hit ice that I did not see.

Why is my handle in your quote? I never posted this :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

As soon as I hit 20 mph it does three beeps pause three beeps pause and three beeps pause and won’t stop  until I am under 20 mph. 

7CDCFC8B-F518-4874-9F36-593F8EF84EF0.png

Never understood this screen either. If you turn off the "secand" (sic) class alarm, does that also turn off the first?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Never understood this screen either. If you turn off the "secand" (sic) class alarm, does that also turn off the first?

I guess it won't transition from the first (2 beeps) to the second alarm (3 beeps) if you only disable the second alarm. Not sure.

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

No. All three alarms are independent. So you must click the first alarm and then the second.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No. All three alarms are independent. So you must click the first alarm and then the second.

I’m out for a nice ride now. I’m going to stop and try it. 

1 minute ago, Patton250 said:

Nope didn’t work 

Does it change if you reboot the wheel? 

OK this time I turned on both alarms and then turned each one off again and this time it seem to work. I’ll report back again later. Thanks everyone. 

• Like 1