THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Blackpool, which you've shown multiple times, looks like a cool place to ride.

I'm becoming convinced that your free healthcare is why so many people ride with zero protection. And God help your friend who rides with his hands in his pockets. He'll need a new face if his wheel ever stops, etc. Mind you that I absolutely don't care how other people ride, but I find it endlessly fascinating how some people ride :popcorn:

I've told him i could never ride with my hands in my pockets in case of failure 😬 (he always does) it make me cringe tbh the thought of it 😬

I'm fully protected apart from my hat which i put on and off

I do ride Blackpool without safety gear sometimes ,only because its the only place that's completely flat surface  in the UK and the odd sunny day😂 

I hope I'll never need the free healthcare, i also work at the hospital😁

I know your comments means no harm i actually thought someone would mention his riding style 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stephen said:

I've told him i could never ride with my hands in my pockets in case of failure 😬 (he always does) 

Maybe try and explain that if something catastrophic happens to him (God forbid) his family will suffer as well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Blackpool, which you've shown multiple times, looks like a cool place to ride.

I'm becoming convinced that your free healthcare is why so many people ride with zero protection. And God help your friend who rides with his hands in his pockets. He'll need a new face if his wheel ever stops, etc. Mind you that I absolutely don't care how other people ride, but I find it endlessly fascinating how some people ride :popcorn:

The biggest problem for me would be I definitely can’t handle the amount of time I would be out of work if I crashed crashed going 20 mph with zero protection like that. Even if you don’t have your hands in your pocket how fast do you think a person at my age can get my hands out to offer even a little support to save my face and head from smashing into the concrete? A young 22-year-old perhaps could save their face a little but even then I’ve seen what 20 mph motorcycle accidents do to young people with zero protection so I don’t see how they would escape an EUC fall without serious bodily harm. So even with free healthcare I wouldn’t care because I still need to earn a living for my family and that would be difficult to do from a hospital bed. I spend more time evaluating how I can protect myself in case of a fall then I do drooling over a possible new EUC buy. I guess what will have to happen is one of them will dump it and get seriously injured and their buddies will see that and then probably take more safety precautions in the future. That’s generally how things work but I could be wrong. The cool part is if you are properly protected you could wipe out going 35 mph and walk away pretty good. Perhaps some ripped clothing but certainly not have to go to the hospital and most definitely be able to keep working. Anyway to each his own. It’s definitely a cool video and looks like a fun place to ride. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stephen said:

I've told him i could never ride with my hands in my pockets in case of failure 😬 (he always does) it make me cringe tbh the thought of it 😬

My friend does this sometimes lol. He puts his hands in his hoodie pockets.
Once I was going up the stairs in my slippers and I slipped... I was holding grocery bags. That could have hurt. I always see myself landing with my mouth/teeth right on the edge of the stairs. American History X all over again... 

After being on this forum for a while, as well as YouTube comments and Reddit comments I have found that there is a big cultural difference regarding wearing protection. Perhaps 2 strangers have commented me not wearing a helmet. We aren't allowed to carry guns here. We can have sex when we are 15. We can drive when we are 18. Helmets aren't required on bicycles but required on mopeds. We can drink out when we are 18. At the age of 20 we can buy alcohol at the liquor store (it's a monopoly) and it is highly taxed. Sweden is a very protective country.

When I lived in Spain I was riding mopeds at 90 kmh without a helmet. Damn those things were loud. I was also out drinking most of the time at the age of 15. The legal age was 16 but I was even out with friends drinking beer at 14 lol. The age is now 18 as of 2009.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Most of my videos i usually wear full protection if others don't want to its there choice , if its a doddling day I'll wear less it depends what I'm going to do that day though

And all this after reviewing your shiny new helmet...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend does this sometimes lol. He puts his hands in his hoodie pockets.
Once I was going up the stairs in my slippers and I slipped... I was holding grocery bags. That could have hurt. I always see myself landing with my mouth/teeth right on the edge of the stairs. American History X all over again... 

After being on this forum for a while, as well as YouTube comments and Reddit comments I have found that there is a big cultural difference regarding wearing protection. Perhaps 2 strangers have commented me not wearing a helmet. We aren't allowed to carry guns here. We can have sex when we are 15. We can drive when we are 18. Helmets aren't required on bicycles but required on mopeds. We can drink out when we are 18. At the age of 20 we can buy alcohol at the liquor store (it's a monopoly) and it is highly taxed. Sweden is a very protective country.

When I lived in Spain I was riding mopeds at 90 kmh without a helmet. Damn those things were loud. I was also out drinking most of the time at the age of 15. The legal age was 16 but I was even out with friends drinking beer at 14 lol. The age is now 18 as of 2009.

At least wear a skate helmet if you don't want to go full face ... and same for your friends. Set a good example.:smartass:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aneta said:

random electronics failure. Hall connector got loose, phase wire connector got loose or it shorted with another, some soldering failed,

These look all like mechanical failure rather than electronic ones.

17 hours ago, Aneta said:

Like, 1 in 1 million kilometers or something like that?

LOL. I personally had one: something under the engine hood got loose while riding and that was it. I also had a pedal breaking away going down a curb. That makes 1-2 in 15,000km. I am not easy on my machine, so I could grant a chance that normal failure rate is closer (on the log scale) to 1/100,000km than 1/10,000km. Motherboard failures within warranty time are to my knowledge much closer to 1% than 0.1%, at least for some models.

You probably don't want to miss this thread as well:

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave U said:

Trail, concrete

Speed: 28 - 30 mph

Riding style when mishap: Sitting then standing up with hard breaking, wheel started wobbling like crazy until it kicked me off.

Material Damage:

Leatt 5.5 shoulder protection, rear lower scrapes

Triple 8 elbow guards, both with scrapes

RidBiker under short protection, rear plastic with scrapes, foam and mesh shredded

Flexmeters wrist guards, both with plastic scrapes and torn mesh at palm location

Alpinestars leather gloves, scrapes

Cargo shorts, shredded (destroyed)

Fanny pack, shredded (destroyed)

Bell DH helmet, untouched 

Leatt knee guards, untouched

Nikola, left side shell and pedals with scrapes, scorpion handle scrapes (road rash), seat ripped off.

---------

Bodily Injuries:

R/H elbow, 2 small scuff/burn marks from elbow guard straps 

Video?

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The free healthcare comment was really a joke - I doubt that fact would go into the calculus of safety gear :)

You can't say anything on here without it going in to a debate lol ,, no offense taken

I know you wear "invisible" safety gear :thumbup: although it probably makes you look 20+ pounds overweight 

Yes it's all underneath my clothes ,, no offense taken 😁

really don't want to come across as preachy. I don't like the safety Nazis and I certainly don't want to be one. But I guess sometimes I just can't help myself when I see people with hands stuffed in their pockets and with zero gear. No bad reflection on you Stephen :cheers:

Trust me hands in pockets makes me cringe 😬😬

I wear saftey gear on most of my rides even when going slow,, I've also doubled the padding in my jackets , but there is the odd time i don't, but I'm not going that far even though i might for my video  ,, we are adults we know the risks but i definitely support saftey 👍

I appreciate all comments with my posts ether that be good or bad and at you @Marty Backe I know there was no Bad in it 😁😁

No offence taken again 😂

Thanks for noticing it's the invisible   saftey gear that makes me look chunky😂😂

I think we been around here long enough 👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stephen said:

Thanks for noticing it's the invisible   saftey gear that makes me look chunky😂

In another month or so you will look even chunkier and its not because you got more safety gear for Christmas.:whistling:

If only someone would invent a helmet that looks like a beanie ... handy for Winter when you forget your helmet.:w00t2:

...oddly enough I then did a google search and found this...:o

Beanie Helmet - Kickstarter

ANTI Ordinary - Website

Edited by Nic
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nic said:

In another month or so you will look even chunkier and its not because you got more safety gear for Christmas.:whistling:

If only someone would invent a helmet that looks like a beanie ... handy for Winter when you forget your helmet.:w00t2:

...oddly enough I then did a google search and found this...:o

Have you got the link . It's better than nothing , if like to have a look

31 minutes ago, stephen said:

Have you got the link . It's better than nothing , if like to have a look

I've added a link to my original post.:thumbup:

Here is one from a different manufacturer...

Ribcap

Edited by Nic