THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Enjoy a river ride that I did with @Dave U and Tim Rodriguez (visiting from San Jose)

@Marty Backe I would like to report that as of 11/9/2019 when I click the video in the forum post it says "this video is unavailable on this device." Going directly to YouTube there is no error message, but the area where the video should be is a black rectangle.

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

@Marty Backe "Enjoy a river ride that I did with @Dave U and Tim Rodriguez (visiting from San Jose)" I would like to report that as of 11/9/2019 when I click the video in the forum post it says "this video is unavailable on this device." Going directly to YouTube there is no error message, but the area where the video should be is a black rectangle.

Update later same day: It's working again!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Freewheeler said:

I suppose this qualifies as a video. I used Relive to document my first epic ride; 56 miles in under 4:00 on Nikola 2100wh. 

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36ArPLJnZq

No additional media included. Maybe next time. 

Chris, what battery % did you have remaining? I also went on a river beach run on my 2100Wh and I was left with 20% battery after 66 miles.

5 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

I suppose this qualifies as a video. I used Relive to document my first epic ride; 56 miles in under 4:00 on Nikola 2100wh. 

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36ArPLJnZq

No additional media included. Maybe next time. 

Isn't it great to be able to do epic rides now :thumbup:

53 minutes ago, TDK said:

Did you run over ducks @ 8:40? Why didn't you turn right a little bit?

When those ducks saw EUCs coming, they should have flown away! If they don't get out of the way when EUCs are coming, it's their own fault if @Marty Backe runs them over!!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lillian said:

I'm inspired by the map. Wishing I had somewhere in NYC like that to ride. Better riders can go all over the city but I'm most comfy on smooth, paved terrain. 

Re. additional media, I have 3 cameras, front, rear and 360. I like the excitement of sharing, but find my best rides are without it. This morning I hopped up, went out and rode camera-free. I had fun looking at the stares, confused birds that didn't know how to time their fly-aways and chatting with folks about this strange wheel.  

It would seem we're on the same page, you and I. I prefer bike trails and desolate roadways. I'm terrible at documenting my rides with pics and vids and I'm equally amused by the puzzled wildlife and pleased to share details of my addiction with passersby. 

I just want to go. I can't be bothered to make sure others get to know maybe a fifth of the enjoyment I got from my ride. 

And, I have all the gear because it only takes once to ruin a couple of months worth of riding days. 

Cheers! And safe wheeling. 

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Title should be ‘California Dreaming!’ While shoveling snow this morning I’m dreaming about your warm weather. :crying:

Your are a better man than me Dan; I had nothing but jealousy as I left the house this morning when it was 9 degrees f.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 2:55 AM, Marty Backe said:

I had a beautiful 25-mile Sunset ride today on my MSX. Here's some "Dashcam" footage while I traveled around a local lake. ...

Marty, do you prefer the MSX for rides like this (over the Nikola and/or 16X) for the larger wheel and greater stability?

i also saw that Chooch has recently gone back to his 100v MSX too...