THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Some more backwards riding 👍😁

Wow, you really have backwards riding nailed! Frankly, it doesn't look much like "practice" at all :)

:cheers:

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, you really have backwards riding nailed! Frankly, it doesn't look much like "practice" at all :)

:cheers:

When it looks dull outside and chance of rain i just go outside and ride backwards before the rain starts ,, it's quite relaxing and it feels nice , I've tried a few times but something just clicked with the 16x😁

Thanks 😊👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Some more backwards riding 👍😁

Great job! You looked very comfortable out there.

Time to attempt beating @pico’s record of 18 (19:confused1:) reverses in a minute. He was honored with a 6 foot trophy but has agreed to ship it  to the next winner. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great job! You looked very comfortable out there.

Time to attempt beating @pico’s record of 18 (19:confused1:) reverses in a minute. He was honored with a 6 foot trophy but has agreed to ship it  to the next winner. ;)

Lol a 6 foot trophy😁 ,, I'll keep trying I'm getting more comfortable thanks 👍

😊

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aneta said:

If one rides backwards on the streets, and then reverses the footage, it probably would make a cool video, with rider appearing to move normally, but pedestrians and cars moving backwards. Somebody has to do it first!

We nominate you 😁. Can't wait to see the video 😊👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Went for a cruise with my friend Simon today.
We ended up on some slightly muddy trails and between the 18XL and the 16X with the CX tyre I can say they were both just as bad.
So a knobby tyre would be a real improvement for these conditions.

Yep, knobby tires excel in muddy conditions. I think that's about the only place where they show a measured benefit for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Tim Rodriguez was visiting from Northern California so @Dave U and I gave him a little tour of our trails.

You guys were cruising! Did your rear view mirror come in handy as Tim attempted to grab your tail? 

49018286737_548c305b67_b.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Now THAT's the way to go if you DO want to motivate someone to give it a shot! :thumbup:

A dare, anyone?

"Wheelers Des Bois" recently posted a video on facebook of 6.5km of continuous backwards riding, so I guess all he still needs to do is reverse the footage. :)

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well if people can ride upside down in New Zealand and Australia, this it is just a matter of time I guess for backwards riding too. 

So next skill to test is strafe left/right,  but I guess it needs to be a bit more slippery (muddy, icy, wet leafy) for this to happen.:P

Guess winter will bring some interesting videos then! :D

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Tim Rodriguez was visiting from Northern California so @Dave U and I gave him a little tour of our trails.

Nice! Maybe someone should send that footage to Reese Waters and see if he still thinks EUC's are for sidewalks and circus use only. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

He'll need a new face if his wheel ever stops, etc.

Anybody has any rough idea of frequency of "total system malfunctions" in EUCs? By TSM, I mean zero rider's fault, not an overlean or wobble, but random electronics failure. Hall connector got loose, phase wire connector got loose or it shorted with another, some soldering failed, some tiny PCB component failed, etc. Like, 1 in 1 million kilometers or something like that?

It's definitely not zero, "thanks" to extremely poor level of engineering that we see in EUCs, and absolutely no backup systems. Once in a while, the incidents caused by TSM do happen.