THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 11/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Day 6 of Marty's LA Tour

It was great to see a large group participating in this ride! liked the challenging route planned by @Marty Backe! Everyone was riding very well on the rough sections of the trail. Very nice camera work too!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Like 2

That mission Viejo ride started right next to my house! I need a larger battery, there is some great riding down here but I always try to make 20ish mile rides out of the routes so I can cruise in the high teens low 20s and still have some batter left (mcm5, 16s). 

Did anyone charge at all on this ride? 

8 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Love the videos shared here. Warning to those experiencing cold and snow (like in the crazy Chooch video, EUC snowplow), you may want to avert your eyes. @Marty Backe isn't the only one with some nice weather in SoCal. I took this video riding around Mission Bay last week and today it was 92 degrees F (33 C) in my town. I'm still pretty new at this, but hopefully some better videos to come.

What a beautiful area to ride in! 33C also.. that's crazy haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zack Wong said:

Had my first cutout on a wheel this weekend! Definitely my fault. I got caught up in the fun of a group ride, music was going, the visor went down and I gunned it. Overleaned and it just tilted forward and dumped me. Absolutely destroyed the boblbee backpack on my back: https://imgur.com/a/p42fZZJ 

Another rider got the tail end of it on his helmet cam:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/187yWz0zBxCs-3yanf07KX7RuE9kbI3p4/view?fbclid=IwAR1Nto2gvM1pH09_9QBMh7w219eHx0uRTm-Ym51HNfYqlNUzwYjithjV7gY

Armored hoodie and the rest of the safety gear soaked up the rest of the damaged. Walked away with a bruised heel and shin, and a bit of abrasion on my hip. Pretty lucky. Definitely gotta respect the wheel! 

Shieeeeet. Glad to hear you didn't suffer much damage. How was the feeling of overleaning? Did the pedals get weak or did they just go entirely limp?
How was your body posture when you started to gun it? Did you go in full Gotway lean mode with a straight body or were you bent at the knees in a lower stance?

Just asking for educational purposes.

I've been playing around with pushing my 16X lately and also "gunned it". In a matter of seconds I hit an overspeed alarm + an overpower alarm and a soft tiltback which didn't turn into a hard tiltback. If I would have done that on my MSX I am sure I would have gotten 5 beeps and then been dumped as you did. I am playing with the 5 beeps a little on the MSX to see what my margin is but it's scary stuff. Any idea how fast you were going?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zack Wong said:

Had my first cutout on a wheel this weekend! Definitely my fault. I got caught up in the fun of a group ride, music was going, the visor went down and I gunned it. Overleaned and it just tilted forward and dumped me. Absolutely destroyed the boblbee backpack on my back: https://imgur.com/a/p42fZZJ 

Another rider got the tail end of it on his helmet cam:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/187yWz0zBxCs-3yanf07KX7RuE9kbI3p4/view?fbclid=IwAR1Nto2gvM1pH09_9QBMh7w219eHx0uRTm-Ym51HNfYqlNUzwYjithjV7gY

Armored hoodie and the rest of the safety gear soaked up the rest of the damaged. Walked away with a bruised heel and shin, and a bit of abrasion on my hip. Pretty lucky. Definitely gotta respect the wheel!

Nice to see the tail end too - where the group sticks together and helps out (traffic - u - debris). Wish u the best (and your wheel too :-) ) .

Edited by Meulebeest
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Shieeeeet. Glad to hear you didn't suffer much damage. How was the feeling of overleaning? Did the pedals get weak or did they just go entirely limp?
How was your body posture when you started to gun it? Did you go in full Gotway lean mode with a straight body or were you bent at the knees in a lower stance?

Just asking for educational purposes.

I've been playing around with pushing my 16X lately and also "gunned it". In a matter of seconds I hit an overspeed alarm + an overpower alarm and a soft tiltback which didn't turn into a hard tiltback. If I would have done that on my MSX I am sure I would have gotten 5 beeps and then been dumped as you did. I am playing with the 5 beeps a little on the MSX to see what my margin is but it's scary stuff. Any idea how fast you were going?

Bent at the knees with a lower stance, lots of pressure on the toes. It’s interesting you don’t hear any beeps in the video but based on how I rolled I feel like I had to have been going at least 30. I unfortunately didn’t have any speed tracking app on at the time. Pedals just went limp and dipped forward. 

Edited by Zack Wong
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zack Wong said:

Bent at the knees with a lower stance, lots of pressure on the toes. It’s interesting you don’t hear any beeps in the video but based on how I rolled I feel like I had to have been going at least 30. I unfortunately didn’t have any speed tracking app on at the time. Pedals just went limp and dipped forward. 

Yeah the only way is diagonally down/forward. Phew scary stuff man!

The beeps are way too quiet on these wheels! :efefc8626c:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Agree 100% 

The beeps should go through the speakers on wheels with them since the new wheels all seem to have speakers now days. 

The beep volume did not increase with the speed of the current gen wheels. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yeah the only way is diagonally down/forward. Phew scary stuff man!

glad your barely scathed @Zack Wong  been there at 23mph on my old 16s and it hurt like a bitch. Feel better soon. 

@Mike Sacristan @BleepBloopBlopThis is where my amp alarm question in the ks16X forum comes to life. Definitely going to use DB to kick out of main speakers at higher volume.

chili

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Hey everyone, thought you might enjoy our mixed PEV group ride in the bay this past weekend.

Awesome video production Alien! Great mixture of shots, transitions, effects and music! :thumbup:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3