THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

can you recommend one, or some?  

I generally recommend the Viewmaster for light use: http://amzn.to/2DqvpID. The Viewmaster doesn't have straps so it needs to be held to your eyes.

The inexpensive headset I use appears to no longer be available, but here's another in the same price range, with straps and foam for more extended use: http://amzn.to/2EVBmto

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FatDano said:

My first "long distance" ride on a Step & Roll EUC from work to home...or rather TRIED to ride home :):o :angry:

I'm totally riding a Ninebot now...

Awesome job! You will definately enjoy this hobby. I see you had a tether strap. Excellent way to perfect your riding skills without the worry of dumping the wheel. The downside is you miss out of some amazing dances the wheels will perform as they flail about the ground. 

38880675445_bd59254ce9_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video. Some nice riding skillz by chooch, also he really seems to like the 16S.

On 19.11.2017 at 11:25 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's so cool.  Looks like lots of work, but the result is nice.  Needs a handle somewhere though maybe.  :popcorn:  I originally thought the front spots were for dual headlights.

It's great to see that he's having a good time.

Warm weather also near chicago ,so broke out the monster thinking I would ride to get food and had to ride down the most busy street in my town. I thought I would be able to ride the sidewalk but still lots of snow that was piled up in areas with patches of ice in between and had me second guessing my ride. Took my chances in the street with traffic , but after seeing your ride am impressed . By the way Im riding a monster with stock tire . The scary part was the shine on the road that could be either water or ice. Just had to comment , nice riding skills ! Agree with marty I LOVE my monster !

Edited by Steve Persona
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What is with this Michigan weather?  Make up your damn mind. I prepared myself for snow riding and the temperature decides to turn warm. Oh well....A brief video experimenting my new studded pedals and knobby tire in some snow. I'm extremely satisfied with the pedal mods. No foot slippage what so ever. Let It Snow!:P

Great video and perfect choice of music. You almost (I said almost) made me wish that I had some snow to ride it. That does look like a blast. Probably funner to ride on that field with snow than without, right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

Warm weather also near chicago ,so broke out the monster thinking I would ride to get food and had to ride down the most busy street in my town. I thought I would be able to ride the sidewalk but still lots of snow that was piled up in areas with patches of ice in between and had me second guessing my ride. Took my chances in the street with traffic , but after seeing your ride am impressed . By the way Im riding a monster with stock tire . The scary part was the shine on the road that could be either water or ice. Just had to comment , nice riding skills ! Agree with marty I LOVE my monster !

I think we are all sick of winter. I would not want to encounter ice with any tire except maybe a studded one.  I think your Monster would do well in the snow with a knobby. Your clearance would be advantageous in deeper snow. With my ACM I get a snow plow effect with accumulations over 2 1/2”. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video and perfect choice of music. You almost (I said almost) made me wish that I had some snow to ride it. That does look like a blast. Probably funner to ride on that field with snow than without, right?

Thanks. Almost? The snowy field( backyard) was definately more entertaining than riding on just grass. 

38906492755_0ac31c8018_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

That was fun to watch! So 25 mph was top speed?

25-mph was my top speed for this run. Just about my limit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, duaner said:

The alarm kept sounding at 25mph.  What alarm was that?

The 3rd alarm (generally referred to as the 80% power alarm). It means you better slow down or the wheel may cut-out due to lack of power.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, Moltimondi said:

My daily commute to work

Great video!  Really enjoyed seeing all the interesting buildings.  There are so many multistory apartments there.  At 6:30 to 7:00 you ride by four nice new buildings that looked like cruise ships,  great designs.

37 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Ah, the EUC forum, where everyone can post "crotch video" with impunity!  :blink1:

But seriously... How does it compare to an EUC? Is it odd riding sideways? Do you need to know how to ride a skateboard?

2 hours ago, Citi Wheel said:

Cool riding. I have to admit that I'd be nervous doing that kind of riding in New York. I would be hyper-vigilant and super-defensive in my riding if I did.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Cool riding. I have to admit that I'd be nervous doing that kind of riding in New York. I would be hyper-vigilant and super-defensive in my riding if I did.

@Citi Wheel Great riding and evasive maneuver!  I agree with Marty that you need to be extremely cognizant of your surroundings when riding in such a busy city.

24982490567_513cdf95eb_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Citi Wheel Great riding and evasive maneuver!  I agree with Marty that you need to be extremely cognizant of your surroundings when riding in such a busy city.

24982490567_513cdf95eb_b.jpg

My arse clenched a little when I saw the car begin to turn. Highly skilled riding shown throughout B)... Lots of traffic rules broken too :blink1:. Be careful guys. 

I would not make any kind of progress through traffic like that. With parked cars I'm always riding 3 or 4 foot away from them putting me in the line of traffic. Slooooooow. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Citi Wheel said:

That is such cool stuff. I remember being taught to drive in NYC as "if you want to change lanes, you just drive at the car in the next lane" Looks like its a bit more polite. @houseofjob is a great rider. Always on the lookout infront, not so concerned about followers. If you are going to wear that dark Peacoat you may want to think about some blinky lights of some sort. From the waist up you look like the night.

Great shot of you two overtaking bicycles as well as cars. I find that the KS18s is hard to get in a seated position thats comfortable and allows for easy acceleration and braking. You get one or the other. I am still dialing that in.

• Upvote 1

@Stan Onymous Ha! thanks, unfortunately there's no blushing icon on here... and I kept forgetting to check if @Citi Wheel was keeping up as your head needs to be on a swivel to ride in NYC, looking out for all possible danger.

I've been adjusting to seated riding on the KS18S, now that I have a proper working KS18 back in the fold (thanks @Jason McNeil!!).

I can't slide around as well as I do on the Monster seat, as the KS18 seat is shorter, so it's been a lot of lifting my butt up and down, re-positioning onto the nose for acceleration, and the tail for cruising and braking, all while still leveraging my arm/finger to push off the front of the seat.