THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

What should they suffer from? The Gotways didn't suffer from highspeed Problems...more from to high amperage on hills.

And:There are some asian riders who allready have unlocked there 18S...have not heard of Problems until now.

More speed, requires more power, requires more amperage. I figured asians have unlocked, but most are not in the American weight range (again more amperage).  I do not expect any problems, I merely said it will be interesting to see when we reach that point, how it turns out. I am expecting the quality of King Song to be amazing.  

As for cheechTech or whatever his name is, my comments were only regarding that specific video. I have drawn my own opinions of his character without knowing anything about the Ian/Facebook issues.. and have, and will continue to keep them to myself as I don't like to smear people publically unless they attack me personally. 

Edited by GoinPostal
Fixing spelling error
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The ACM is much easier to fill with air compared to the NB1. I still have to service my grandson's Bot occasionally and the access to the valve is extremely confined. My 'to do' list will include putting slime in his tire. 

I slimed the tube on my NB1 just last night.  I was wishing for a third hand during parts of the process, but it wasn't too bad.  Actually, with slime in the tube, I probably won't have to put more air in it nearly so often, so I'll probably save on fuss and bother in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats what a lot people think, but what is actually not true...

Yes, on a very high speed, you need -just a bit- more amps....but not anything that gets the wheel into trouble!

all the Gotway faults just have been because of excessive amperage because of ultra steep hills...never been because of driving to fast.

So: NO, higher speeds do not need high amperage....high speed needs especially high voltage...thats why KS is implementing a speed reducement on low voltage.

The KS18S has actually a "lift cutout" of about over 60kmh...so there should be no prob to go 50kmh , as long as your batterie is above 40%.

Hi!

There is not much power to hold speed but for  acceleratsion this very much needed !

However,in traffic will save the lives if wheel is good acceleration !

I really like KingSong's safe and high quality wheels but I like to accelerate aggressively but about this ,kingsong not think !

Once accelerated, very gentle and slow, not  this problem ( for my point and style  , very gentle and slowly   ) and then a speed limitation is like kingsong has been said and promised .

It seems to me that kingsong did not consider one very important point when writing a SW !  The wheel should realize that there is not real discharge the battery ,when there 75% battery is such a wery rapid drop voltage to 50-40% !  The controlboard should read here for this voltage drop, little delay !!!

My KS18 many times, almost with full battery ,in during accelerateing has hit me to the legs ( very agressivly lift the pedals ) due to this incorrect calculation of the system , already 35km / h !  But then, I accelerated further  gentle and then it did not raise pedals before 42km / h  !!!

Edited 1 hour ago by Raptor

Edited by Raptor
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats what a lot people think, but what is actually not true...

@KingSong69, you took the words out of my mouth.

This is the very reason that Tesla make a big thing about not making slow cars. Yes you need power to move at speed, but fundamentally on direct drive electric motors once you are above 50% of no load speed (absolute maximum speed) effective voltage, actual current, actual output power, and torque are all dropping fast.  Whereas at zero or very slow speed torque is at its highest and, potentially very high currents can be drawn. Hence Tesla's accelerate from a standing start like their backside is on fire in order to still have power available to reach a decent speed. 

Likewise, an EUC struggling slowly up a steep hill with a heavy rider will be pulling an awful lot of current, at very poor efficiency and may overheat or overload. At high speed it cannot draw anything like the same current - to add to that efficiency also increases with speed so the output power gets much closer to the input power.

IMG_0720.GIF.7364e09d7172fe7396bb93e96c23601c.GIF

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

The wheel should realize that there is not real discharge the battery ,when there 75% battery is such a wery rapid drop voltage to 50-40% !  The controlboard should read here for this voltage drop, little delay !!!

Exactly. Even while riding normally, their battery capacity readout is all over the place, jumping from 60 to 40 percent and back. They just take a momentary voltage reading and display it as remaining battery capacity, which is of course nonsense. Ninebot does this much better on the NB1 E+. 

However, I can see why they would take this unfiltered voltage reading to do warning beeps and tilt back. If the voltage drops, even momentarily, it means there is less power available at this very moment to balance the wheel. Maybe it is the right thing to do, to react immediately.

• Upvote 3

On 9/14/2017 at 6:25 AM, KingSong69 said:

To be honest:

This guy is (in my own humble opinion) a douchebag first catagory.......

:facepalm:  Gosh what an idiot.  :rolleyes:  Choochtech?  Should be more like Chochtech.  The guy's got mad riding skills, I'll give them that, but as a person there's a lot of room for improvement.  To play devil's advocate, I'll say that sometimes people's emotions can get the best of them.  I think we've all been there one time or another, but to treat a dealer poorly who is trying to help and who is being more than patient is uncalled for.  Maybe Choochtech is under a lot of stress from an overbearing parent, a stabbing court case, and possibly other issues, but that doesn't give him an excuse to be such a jerk.

Gosh I don't envy dealers having to deal with this sort of crap.  I also wish Gotway had larger axles so they could make the pedal support/axle junction stronger in order to avoid these types of situations in the first place because people will be putting these wheels through all sorts of stress testing no matter what it says in a manual or what their intended usage is.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Working on  way to slow my frantic life down.

Great video and choice of music. I'm so relaxed now :efeeda4ad8:

I like how you never looked at the drone. I imagine it's not easy, but as soon as people look up at the drone it kills the suspension of disbelief.

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video and choice of music. I'm so relaxed now :efeeda4ad8:

I like how you never looked at the drone. I imagine it's not easy, but as soon as people look up at the drone it kills the suspension of disbelief.

:thumbup:

Thank you!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Once a year there is something in the Bicycle world called Crank Mob. An amalgam of Burning-man bicyclists and ravers taking over the neighborhoods of select L.A. Areas. This year it was west L.A. The event started at 10pm and was still going strong at 3:30Am when @YoshiSkySun and I left the ride to return home. We were the only unicyclists and got a lot of interest from the other riders. 4 out of 5 of the drunken revelers actually were able to get up and ride with help of an arm for stability. One guy even started doing loops around the parking lot on his own after just 5 mins. Safety warning- If one of these guys offers you water from their canteen for thanks, there is almost no chance it is water... I think we should all be a part of more of these rides to promote our sport/hobby.

The truck horn you hear is from a 10' tall chopper bicycle that has the horn mounted on the handle bars. Oh and I hope Yoshi posts a better video later, but this is some of the ride...

Ah man. Next year hopefully @YoshiSkySun invites me along. Looks like a blast.

• Upvote 1