THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

30 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Looks like a fun place to ride, that camera shoots very sharp video.

The beach is a favorite place to ride. The camera is a GoPro Session 4.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

Wow @Mono that backwards gravel riding is totally crazy. Take that @Marty Backe! The backwards gauntlet has been thrown!

Fortunately I'm not aware of any gravel where we live :D

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're doing your best to make me want an mten, Marty! My wallet says this::efeed51798: My hearts says this: :efeeec645d: My brain says this: :pooping: *must resist*

Also, make sure your wife won't get jealous, given how obviously you've become infatuated with the thing:efee8319ab:

You'll eventually lose the battle ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, considering the fact that it is really small (saw it stored in a laptop backpack.) and that it's a real device and not some kind of toy that breaks down when you really start using it (shown by you) it might replace the Inmotion V8 on certain occasions when going to more crowded places.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You consider riding thru gravel fun? :lol:

Yes, like riding at the beach (not the paved promenade), though on sand my EUCing experience is still very limited as I don't have so much beach close by.

I generally prefer loose over paved grounds. For pure gravel and sand because of the challenge. For unpaved firm and flat ground because the tire doesn't stick and hence the wheel turns more easily. Then it's easier to make very tight turns and it even allows to slide. All the fun you can have on an Mten3 besides going from A to B made simpler. 

Same for motorbiking, riding on loose grounds is where for me the real fun starts. With the EUC I can have that too and I can even go backwards :D

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

On 9/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, Stan Onymous said:

Fantastic! I am working out the pick up date today and will pm when I know for sure when and what day this week I will be up there. Hopefully we can ride, packing! Lol

The worst is the disapproving looks I get in my 2 stroke subaru 360 from people in a Chevy Volt down here. They see all the smoke and yell something at me I usually dont hear because I am revving up the engine to lose them in a cloud of smoke. And dont get me started on the city governments and how the voters see them as the Savior for all their ills. Ugh! Weather is great, not like that ugly dark Seattle at least. ;)

I am willing to ride packing, or not packing, which ever you are more comfortable with. I'm looking forward to someone to ride with as I seem to be the only EUC in Boise. 

• Upvote 1

I decided to try putting the 360fly on a tripod and then then create a follow me path to track me in the street. Except for the woman (passenger) in a passing (old and heavy) car at the intersection I crossed on the EUC  saying 'watch it fella...you almost got killed'  the short video take turned out ok, if you don't mind curved looking video.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
add content
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Mono said:

@Marty Backe, that's what I'm talking about :) In this terrain higher foot rests would come in handy for the mental comfort level, IMHO.

True, but I don't envision ever taking the Mten3 on trails like this. The MSuper would have been better on this trail, but it was still fun.

I finally put slime in the tire, it seems to not lose air anymore.  Took off the pedal and light ring and cut a small piece from the bottom of the shell.  @KingSong69 had posted a photo of this mod a few weeks ago on his MSuper.  Under the pedal, not visible, but way easier to get to the valve stem now.  Used a butter knife in the six slots in the light ring to unlock the tabs.  Might could get the ring off without removing the pedal, but the bottom two tabs are close the the pedal.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I finally put slime in the tire, it seems to not lose air anymore.  Took off the pedal and light ring and cut a small piece from the bottom of the shell.  @KingSong69 had posted a photo of this mod a few weeks ago on his MSuper.  Under the pedal, not visible, but way easier to get to the valve stem now.  Used a butter knife in the six slots in the light ring to unlock the tabs.  Might could get the ring off without removing the pedal, but the bottom two tabs are close the the pedal.

I didn't realize that the valve was hard to get to on the Ninebot, like the ACM actually.

Many people also report that Slime stops the ever slow leaks from the valve.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I didn't realize that the valve was hard to get to on the Ninebot, like the ACM actually.

Many people also report that Slime stops the ever slow leaks from the valve.

Yes, the clearance is too tight to get the fingers between the shell and tire.  If you take the light ring off, there is a square opening there already, but even that was too small to get the valve core out.  It needs a removable piece like some wheels have.  I could have probably done it with a valve core removal tool that was as long as the air extension adapter.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2