THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

That Mten3 looks like such a blast to ride!  :thumbup:  I was hoping way back when that they would bring back the small format wheel after they discontinued the Mten2.  Small, light, fast, and capable... you kinda wish airlines would let you travel with one.

@Marty Backe I still think you should have a Gotway wheel store business on the side as you are doing so much for the brand as it is.  Passing out business cards and selling locally might also help spread the popularity of these wheels to people who don't know where to get them from.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Very cool video:clap3:The slow motion is great. Your skills seem to have improved a lot (all these backward tight circles) or the mten3 is just very easy to ride. Have you per chance tried a Luffy some time and can compare how the two differ in riding feeling (mainly, the much more powerful motor on the mten)?

Looks like it's no more 50 mile superhero rides for Marty Backe for now, but showing off at the beach and doing tricks. You almost make me want to buy an mten3 too, it really shows you're having fun with the thing.

Thanks. I'm going to do my best to convince people to get themselves an Mten3. It is so fun. Today I spent about 3 hours riding around the beach, doing spins, etc. Ended with 30% battery. This is a wheel for fun, so you're not going to be traveling great distances.

To be fair you need to be able to ride backwards, but assuming that you have that skill, this wheel makes it super easy. I still cannot do what I'm demonstrating in this video with any of my other Gotway wheels.

If what I'm doing looks fun, trust me, you would love this wheel. I haven't ridden any of my others wheels since I got this. And I don't want to. I'm sure that'll pass eventually.

I have not tried the Luffy, but I can't imagine that it can handle the hard reversals like the Mten3. This thing has torque up the yin-yang :D

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That Mten3 looks like such a blast to ride!  :thumbup:  I was hoping way back when that they would bring back the small format wheel after they discontinued the Mten2.  Small, light, fast, and capable... you kinda wish airlines would let you travel with one.

@Marty Backe I still think you should have a Gotway wheel store business on the side as you are doing so much for the brand as it is.  Passing out business cards and selling locally might also help spread the popularity of these wheels to people who don't know where to get them from.

Thanks. For now I'll stick to advocating for fun on the sidelines (I'll let everyone else pile on Gotway).

• Upvote 2

:blink:  Wow.  Almost 40 kph on a ten inch wheel?  That is crazy fast.  Do you turn off tiltback and just listen for the beeps before slowing down?  Is there any slight tiltback as you approach that speed?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Wups! Kinda sleepy here...
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wow.  Almost 40 mph on a ten inch wheel?  That is crazy fast.  Do you turn off tiltback and just listen for the beeps before slowing down?  Is there any slight tiltback as you approach that speed?

That's kilometers - whew!

7 minutes ago, who_the said:

Took the MTen3 on a speed test run tonight. 38.6 kph! Wheel felt stable and extremely capable at these speeds, even as I heard (and heeded) Gotway's 80 percent power five-beep warning. 

*** ALWAYS *** wear full protection and a helmet on ANY electric unicycle at these speeds!

You're insane Jesse, in a good way :D

Very cool.

:thumbup: :cheers:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wow.  Almost 40 mph on a ten inch wheel?  That is crazy fast.  Do you turn off tiltback and just listen for the beeps before slowing down?  Is there any slight tiltback as you approach that speed?

Tiltback off, all alarms off except 80 percent alarm which can not be disabled. :)

• Upvote 1

Is tiltback that bad on the Gotways?  On the Ninebot it just feels like a security feature that ramps you back so you just don't try to go faster.  The low battery one is a bit too abrupt if you're not expecting it.  At higher speeds, does the Gotway tiltback feel like it will throw you off?

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Is tiltback that bad on the Gotways?  On the Ninebot it just feels like a security feature that ramps you back so you just don't try to go faster.  The low battery one is a bit too abrupt if you're not expecting it.  At higher speeds, does the Gotway tiltback feel like it will throw you off?

The first time I got tiltback on my V5F (all of 6mph) I felt like I was going to die because it is so abrupt but with my Kingsong's they start well before their set tiltback speed and then gradually ramp it up. Gotway is somewhere in between.

If you go to Amazon and look up the Mini pro reviews then you'll see a lot of people crashing, and injuring themselves, from the tiltback throwing them off. I don't know if that's because it's truly violent or just the typical user having not read the manual.

I think beeps and tiltback do a great job for most people who actually listen; most high-speed falls we hear about are caused by ignoring said warnings (I'm one of them, by the way).

Usually the conversation goes something like this.

"I fell from high-speed."

"Were there warning beeps?"

"Yes but..."

I swear, every time.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Rehab1 "Still Alive Videos" :laughbounce2: Surprised the drone will easily take that wind.

Unfortunately I lost a lot of good video from the wind. The shots were just not stable enough to make the cut.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have not tried the Luffy, but I can't imagine that it can handle the hard reversals like the Mten3. This thing has torque up the yin-yang :D

Based  on your videos my Luffy does not come close to performing like the Mten3. ( Sorry Luffy...Ebay is calling) It stresses going in reverse with a momentary lag.  When it arrives I need to take both the Mten3 and Luffy up the proving grounds hill to compare the torque. 

So much fun watching your videos! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

If you go to Amazon and look up the Mini pro reviews then you'll see a lot of people crashing, and injuring themselves, from the tiltback throwing them off. I don't know if that's because it's truly violent or just the typical user having not read the manual.

There were some firmware revisions where the tilt back was too severe, it seems with the latest firmware it is corrected and it has more of a ramp up also.  I did seem to notice in training mode (first 1km) on a new miniPro the tilt back seems to maybe have the same severe tilt-back issue (strange), but regular operating mode seems fine now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:
6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The first time I got tiltback on my V5F (all of 6mph) I felt like I was going to die because it is so abrupt

That is very Unusual! I have had the V5f try to tilt me back without much notice by me. I only had it at 16mph so maybe the speed had something to do with it. The V8 is so natural, it feels like I am doing it. One time while leaning over the front and going downhill the V8 did tilt back rather abruptly, but the low level of the tiltback was rather nice, like my V8 was saying - relax we will get there, coast is clear.- 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I finally got off work today and took a well desired ride around Maumee Bay State Park in Oregon, Ohio. Not to many people strolling around so I was able to use the drone in a few shots. 

That looks lie a great place for some ~fast shoreline riding. Love the drone shots - I know those most take a lot of time to setup but the added perspective is great.

:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, who_the said:

Took the MTen3 on a speed test run tonight. 38.6 kph! Wheel felt stable and extremely capable at these speeds, even as I heard (and heeded) Gotway's 80 percent power five-beep warning. 

*** ALWAYS *** wear full protection and a helmet on ANY electric unicycle at these speeds!

BTW, looks like some great riding around there for the Mten3.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

I am only coming up to Boise to get some Borgward auto parts, transfer cases and other engine parts, not move there. You do make the place look very calm and inviting in your videos, so I may ride a EUC around to stretch my eyes, then I will be back in my Pickup truck and headed back to the disapproving stares of Los Angeles. It is by invitation that I am visiting btw. ???

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I am only coming up to Boise to get some Borgward auto parts, transfer cases and other engine parts, not move there. You do make the place look very calm and inviting in your videos, so I may ride a EUC around to stretch my eyes, then I will be back in my Pickup truck and headed back to the disapproving stares of Los Angeles. It is by invitation that I am visiting btw. ???

Lol! The Californian part is tongue in cheek.. I do get frustrated with the overwhelming flood of them moving here, and I don't understand why a society that hates guns wants to move into the most pro gun state in the nation.. but to each his own. 

Bring your EUC, and contact me if you want to ride together. 

• Upvote 3