THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Pull up a chair and just look at it 😊😊 for a while

Congrats. Go ahead and pose that thing for a good while so that you can fully admire the beast. Then go on out and put some proper battle scars on it 😉👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ED209 said:

In the UK, there aren't any shops that have wheels on display, so my friend @Siggy and I managed to head down to Paris using the Eurostar train service, There are only a few EUC shops in Paris that offer a large selection of EUC wheels and E scooters like the Dualtrons for you to try. We visited Urban 360 & Gyroroue Shop in France. I felt like a kid again in a sweetshop, honestly.

The members of staff were so helpful and kind. I was lucky enough to try out a number of wheels which were:

14inch  dual motor IPS S5 -  I had never seen before, very smooth and powerful wheel, instant torque, the smoothest transition when doing pendulums!

Kingsong 14D & 14S - Very well made, smooth power, ride etc. 

The Mten3 512wh and MCM5 800wh 

We lost count on the number of EUC's we spotted in Paris as well as Lime & Bird E scooters everywhere, they were polite and greeted us!  We came across so many Fellow EUC riders such as Martial who rides the Tesla and Dennis, the way this guy rides Z10 changed my perception of the wheel. The city is made for Electric transportation and the cycle lanes are well laid out, you are seperated from other road users. Paris puts the UK to shame and I really hope they make a change in the law and allow us the freedom to make use of these incredible devices.

I highly recommend anyone one in the UK or surrounding EU countries to visit the Gyroroue shop in France, I cannot stress enough how excellent Vincent and TBX Nicolas were very helpful, these guys know their stuff. 

P.s by the way, they mentioned you @Marty Backe, you are a celebrity! 

Sounds like a great trip. I think Paris has the rest of the world beat when it comes to EUCs. Thanks for the story, and it's cool B) that the French know of me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

so my friend @Siggy and I managed to head down to Paris using the Eurostar train service

So i just looked on Eurostar £29 to France 😊a wheelers delight i could explore France :)can you take an electric unicycle on the Eurostar?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

So i just looked on Eurostar £29 to France 😊a wheelers delight i could explore France :)can you take an electric unicycle on the Eurostar?

Yes, @stephen, we rode around with our Kingsong 18L 's, lots of cycle lanes, simply use your phone as sat nav, and just be cautious at junctions, I guarantee, you will come across other riders. 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The tyre has a little too much pressure for my taste. I'll let it be for now but with lower pressure I could have a bit of a cushier ride. :)

At 67kg you could lower the psi don't have it to hard i love the cushiness of that tyre, glad you liked your first outing it's amazing how you get used to the msx it's a different ride in a nice way 😊.

• Like 1

I have also been looking at the Mten3 and the MCM5.
The V8 seems to be a great wheel with a very nice weight.
The Mten3 is quite light at 10.5kg. You could just as easily put it in a backpack.
MCM5 is 16.5kg which is standard for a wheel that size and with that battery capacity.

Gotta catch em all!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Mike Sacristan nothing like the the sensation as a new last generation wheel first ride. Cherish it 😎as it will not come back... Until you buy your next wheel. 😁 Right @Marty Backe?

Speaking of next wheel I am starting to look for a second wheel acti g as a spare or parking lot wheel to keeping in my car for all times. Unless of course riding it. Or the occasional charge. I am not sure my crashed inmotion v8 holds my confidence any more. After my crash it acted strange but got on after a full calibration. It kept balancing in a wavish back and forth tiltback kind way. After latest cash where I got forced into a water filled pothole, the lift cut off motor button got stuck so you can't press it. 

Now hold on to your helmet @Marty Backe I started to look at Mten3 as option. It is a Gotway I know :innocent1::w00t2:only thing it don't have a trolley that is a must have, I know aftermarket options, but still. 

I continue to advocate for the Mten3. It is such a fun wheel, and if you want to have fun riding backwards this wheel will make the learning process easy.

I installed a trolley handle on mine and I use it a lot when taking the Mten3 to the store or to grab a sandwich. I have a video on my channel that shows how I non-destructively installed a trolley handle.

• Like 2

I didn't know that you and my dude @Siggy rolled thick like that. That's fam :D:D:D. My son arrives in Paris next week. I will be shipping the 18L shortly after. He will be there for 4 months. Hopefully, you guys will get to link up and ride. 

He wants to visit the UK while he is there, but given the asshole laws banning EUCs in London it might instead be more fun to link on your next trip to Paris.😁👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

This bought back a picture posted a while back this summer or spring. But I guess the occasion was a wedding and a guy got told off by the wife. I don't recall if it was you on the picture. But to me that is among the top 3 pictures every seen posted. 

She tells me off on a regular basis but I’ve never posted a photo.  I have a new toy arriving tomorrow so I have my wife muffling ear plugs ready to go :cry2:

39729082053_03b12e58ec_b.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I continue to advocate for the Mten3. It is such a fun wheel, and if you want to have fun riding backwards this wheel will make the learning process easy.

We would have a blast riding our Mten3s together. I need to come out there sometime. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

She tells me off on a regular basis but I’ve never posted a photo.  I have a new toy arriving tomorrow so I have my wife muffling ear plugs ready to go :cry2:

39729082053_03b12e58ec_b.jpg

New toy? Do tell 😁

This is the picture I were thinking of earlier. Sorry for mixi g you guys up @Rehab1 and @Keith

I simply just love this picture 

Edited by Unventor

3 hours ago, ED209 said:

No lie, at the Gyroroue shop, they asked, If I knew who you were and If I have seen your amazing videos. My friend and I started laughing, you are big in the EUC community 😊

Have to get him a travel show: "OutBacke with Marty." If he uses it I won't sue as long as I'm cut in for 10% net royalties. 😉👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Suppose I’ll get into trouble over this. 

Somehow, when I saw @Lutalo's unfortunate wording, I thought you would drag up old memories again. You didn't disappoint <_<

I don't know when, but there will be payback :efef77eaf5:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Suppose I’ll get into trouble over this. 

45971047574_ea249eb47e_b.jpg

Great @Rehab1 is back in business and even stronger :clap3:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael Hernandez said:

Dang that lipstick, so funny!!!!! @Rehab1, you have the greatest shopped photos! Love'em, keep'em coming!!!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Great @Rehab1 is back in business and even stronger :clap3:

I’m trying. :) Still trying to shake off my family issues. 

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Somehow, when I saw @Lutalo's unfortunate wording, I thought you would drag up old memories again. You didn't disappoint <_<

I don't know when, but there will be payback :efef77eaf5:

Waiting......:sleep1:

• Like 3

The Gotway pedal rod infuriates me, and this last extraction was my toughest battle yet. Patiently waiting for a better design, or stronger materials 🙏. Here's a video of some ideas in case anyone else gets a stuck pedal rod.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1