THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Finally got around to publishing this ride with @Ando Melkonyan and @YoshiSkySun, where we participated in the September Los Angeles CicLAvia.

I find it disappointing that in such a big crowd, no other EUC folks.  Shows how niche we are.  

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:26 AM, Marty Backe said:

Finally got around to publishing this ride with @Ando Melkonyan and @YoshiSkySun, where we participated in the September Los Angeles CicLAvia.

I see this video was shot PRE insta360 which means you really had to point the camera at her to get this shot. Another reason why I love the SPY 360 camera.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I've been taking the kindergartener out during the weekends. Here he is on New Years Eve. He's doing quite well with his mounts and dismounts, attempted to get on and off without hands with limited success. 

Wow, he really flies on that thing.:blink1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Here's something from my lost archives from my Sep 2018 trip to NYC riding my MTen3. I seriously feel its the best commuter EUC available for getting around an urban city like Manhattan. It's so easy to transition from streets to sidewalks and pick up and slide into a backpack when needed.

It's interesting, but if I had a EUC with a good trolley handle why would I need to put it in my backback and carry around a 20l+bs when it can be wheeled around?  It gets tiring pretty quickly if I had 20lbs on my back.  I find that a 16" is still nimble enough for NYC sidewalks.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

It's interesting, but if I had a EUC with a good trolley handle why would I need to put it in my backback and carry around a 20l+bs when it can be wheeled around?  It gets tiring pretty quickly if I had 20lbs on my back.  I find that a 16" is still nimble enough for NYC sidewalks.  

I don't have a trolly handle on the MTen3. I'm also big guy so 22lbs on my back doesn't really phase me that much when i'm moving. Now when I stopped like in Macy's and am looking at stuff, I took that thing off every chance I could. But the bigger reason is NO ONE looks at me funny or questions me when they can't see it. I don't have to make excuses or quote ADA rules to clueless law enforcement :) The MCM5 I carry in my big eBags Weekender bag is strictly for transport to and from where I'm going, and I use the trolly handle after I get to where I'm going.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Yes, a bit too fast if you ask me. I always tell him, whatever you do, DON'T FALL or mommy is going to kill me.

That's the same with me.  I have to tell my kids to stop riding the tiltback in the beginning.  Kids don't have fear until they fall a couple of times.  Good thing is isn't too far from the ground.  I'm definitely more afraid for them them myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maltocs said:

I don't have a trolly handle on the MTen3. I'm also big guy so 22lbs on my back doesn't really phase me that much when i'm moving. Now when I stopped like in Macy's and am looking at stuff, I took that thing off every chance I could. But the bigger reason is NO ONE looks at me funny or questions me when they can't see it. I don't have to make excuses or quote ADA rules to clueless law enforcement :) The MCM5 I carry in my big eBags Weekender bag is strictly for transport to and from where I'm going, and I use the trolly handle after I get to where I'm going.

Yeh, I was surprised that you didn't get kicked out of Grand Central Station.  LOL

I didn't get stopped because of my wheel, it was my long ass selfie stick.  If I had my regular selfie stick no one with have cared. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

That's the same with me.  I have to tell my kids to stop riding the tiltback in the beginning.  Kids don't have fear until they fall a couple of times.  Good thing is isn't too far from the ground.  I'm definitely more afraid for them them myself. 

Kids are more flexible and heal faster 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maltocs said:

Here's something from my lost archives from my Sep 2018 trip to NYC riding my MTen3. I seriously feel its the best commuter EUC available for getting around an urban city like Manhattan. It's so easy to transition from streets to sidewalks and pick up and slide into a backpack when needed.

Great video. At the beginning, when you start unpacking the Mten3 I could just imagine something thinking that you were setting up a bomb - it's amazing how naive some people are, interpreting the unknown like the Mten3 as some mysterious device. Cool intro though.

I agree, seems like the Mten3 would be perfect to use as a tourist in any city. You're a lucky bastard, and I think you know what I mean ;)

And nobody harrased you for riding in the terminal - probably something that would be harder to get away with say, the V10F.

Nice Spy360 shot at the end :D 

7 hours ago, maltocs said:

I've been taking the kindergartener out during the weekends. Here he is on New Years Eve. He's doing quite well with his mounts and dismounts, attempted to get on and off without hands with limited success. 

I absolutely love this video. Everything about it. :cheers:

I wouldn't have imagined it, but how great is it that you can buy all the safety gear sized for a 5-year old. That Mten3 is perfect for him - it's like the only wheel possible for someone his age.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:21 PM, maltocs said:

Amazing! I especially love how you do challenge the kid with this. So many dumb parents wouldn't even let a kid twice the age ride a EUC.

Also, consider a full face helmet for the little speed demon. He takes off like crazy every time. Gotway rider through and through:D

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, trya said:

a bit too heavy from my experience, two days ago I was teaching a 5-year old boy on my Luffy - this wheel was absolutely perfect for the kid!

I suppose a 5-year old boy couldn't even over-power a Luffy. Glad you're getting some valuable use from yours - indoctrinate them young :cheers:

• Like 2