THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 1/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, maltocs said:

I've been taking the kindergartener out during the weekends. Here he is on New Years Eve. He's doing quite well with his mounts and dismounts, attempted to get on and off without hands with limited success. 

This is awesome! Great job with him! My 7 year old rides an electric scooter, but is afraid of the uni-bot. I'll have to show her this. Thx for sharing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video @Marty Backe. I haven’t had the chance to test the range on my XL due to the cold, so I’m thankful you could do it. Before I bought the wheel, I was uncertain about the range and efficiency of Kingsong, because of SpeedyFeet’s test of the 18L, but when I looked at the numbers he was getting I couldn’t understand why he felt it was lacking range, so it might just be the aggressive low battery speed restrictions on the 18L that bugged him. Logically the thinner tire of the XL should outperform the MSX in range, but until your test I couldn’t find any evidence backing this. Thank you for putting my mind at rest, and I can finally conclude that the efficiency is about the same between Kingsong and Gotway, and that less friction equals more range, as it should.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, maltocs said:

I've been taking the kindergartener out during the weekends. Here he is on New Years Eve. He's doing quite well with his mounts and dismounts, attempted to get on and off without hands with limited success. 

That’s fantastic!👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a fantastic ride with @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @Nick McCutcheon, @csmyers, @Chairman S, and @Klin

So jealous!  It's cold and raining here on the east coast!  Looks like you struggled a bit with the wheel and it took a few more falls than normal?  Is it because you are attempting to ride more sections than normal where you would otherwise be walking?

Anyone tried give Connor a piggy back ride?

Regen on the Z10 only goes to one pack.  Not sure why they did that...

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

So jealous!  It's cold and raining here on the east coast!  Looks like you struggled a bit with the wheel and it took a few more falls than normal?  Is it because you are attempting to ride more sections than normal where you would otherwise be walking?

Anyone tried give Connor a piggy back ride?

This ride was September 1st (just got around to finishing all the editing - takes too much time). So although it's very pleasant here right now, it was much nicer during this ride.

This is what I refer to as Class 4 (5 being the toughest) EUC riding conditions. Never take a wheel that you don't want to get scratched, on this trail. So it's tough riding regardless of the wheel that I'm on. As usual, the camera doesn't really give an accurate sense of the steepness of the trail or how rocky it is.

We joked about carrying Connor, but no, we made him walk/run :D

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This ride was September 1st (just got around to finishing all the editing - takes too much time). So although it's very pleasant here right now, it was much nicer during this ride.

This is what I refer to as Class 4 (5 being the toughest) EUC riding conditions. Never take a wheel that you don't want to get scratched, on this trail. So it's tough riding regardless of the wheel that I'm on. As usual, the camera doesn't really give an accurate sense of the steepness of the trail or how rocky it is.

We joked about carrying Connor, but no, we made him walk/run :D

Should try out the tandem riding.  LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a fantastic ride with @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @Nick McCutcheon, @csmyers, @Chairman S, and @Klin

Nice video, some seriously rough terrain.

Four observations:

1. I think you would have walked off less rough sections if you weren't filming.  Holding a selfie stick (EDIT with several hundreds of dollars of camera attached) prevents you from using that arm to help balance yourself, so you're better than the video showed.

2.  All the time you were extolling the virtues of a fat tyre Z10 for rough trails, there were five thin tyred wheels making the exact same trip. :)

3. A thin tire allows one to more easily calve a path around all the little rocks in your way, because of the narrower width.  I noticed you hit a lot of rocks even though there was smooth ground to the right and left.  Perhaps handling the camera compromised your riding here too.

4.The fat tire may be good over loose material like sand, but because of 3. above there are disadvantages too.  I guess, like everything in this activity, it's a matter of preferences and compromise.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Nice video, some seriously rough terrain.

Four observations:

1. I think you would have walked off less rough sections if you weren't filming.  Holding a selfie stick prevents you from using that arm to help balance yourself, so you're better than the video showed.

2.  All the time you were extolling the virtues of a fat tyre Z10 for rough trails, there were four thin tyred wheels making the exact same trip. :)

3. A thin tire allows one to more easily calve a path around all the little rocks in your way, because of the narrower width.  I noticed you hit a lot of rocks even though there was smooth ground to the right and left.  Perhaps handling the camera compromised your riding here too.

4.The fat tire may be good over loose material like sand, but because of 3. above there are disadvantages too.  I guess, like everything in this activity, it's a matter of preferences and compromise.

You can do anything with any wheel, pretty much. For trail riding like this, the fat tire of the Z10 made much of the trail easier than when I did it on my ACM, MSuper, and Tesla. That's why I was extolling the virtues of the Z10 tire. I did not mean to imply it was impossible with the other wheels.

With the Z10 I felt comfortable plowing straight ahead over various rocks that on my other wheels I would make the effort to avoid.

I wish the Z10 had higher pedals, but otherwise I think it's a superior trail wheel due to its tire.

You are right about the selfie-stick. When I have one arm busy with the stick and half my brain thinking about the video, it does make the riding a bit more challenging :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You are right about the selfie-stick. When I have one arm busy with the stick and half my brain thinking about the video, it does make the riding a bit more challenging :)

Shave off the hair, then you don't have to worry about helmet hair or wind messing up you hair style anymore.:w00t2:

Nor have to worry a few grey once show either:P

On 1/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, maltocs said:

Hey, man. Thanks awesome. My kids ride too. Of course, they are 16, 18, and 21. :) so I guess it's a little bit different. 

I love seeing a new generation of riders, enthusiasts, and advocates baking in the oven. ;)👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I admire the bravery it takes to tackle these terrains. As I write this I am lying in bed where I have been for the entire day, fighting the worst cold I have had in a couple of years. So, yeah. I'm hating on your weather right now. :furious:👎

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I admire the bravery it takes to tackle these terrains. As I write this I am lying in bed where I have been for the entire day, fighting the worst cold I have had in a couple of years. So, yeah. I'm hating on your weather right now. :furious:👎

obviously if u are afraid u might be drug tested at work or can’t for whatever reason, it does work and u can probably buy it legally in dc.

31481655617_8b42f6a1d8_b.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, novazeus said:

obviously if u are afraid u might be drug tested at work or can’t for whatever reason, it does work and u can probably buy it legally in dc.

31481655617_8b42f6a1d8_b.jpg

:D Many companies in DC seem to have stopped marijuana testing. It's like testing for nicotine, imagine that,  right? 😉👍but so far my wife has been administering copious doses of mint tea, water, apple cider vinegar. Yuck! Could there be some Munchausen by proxy going on here?:unsure:

Edited by Lutalo

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

:D Many companies in DC seem to have stopped marijuana testing. It's like testing for nicotine, imagine that,  right? 😉👍but so far my wife has been administering copious doses of mint tea, water, apple cider vinegar. Yuck! Could there be some Munchausen by proxy going on here?:unsure:

Feel your pain bro! My wife owns a health food shop, and if I sneeze or show any discomfort, she'll bring home disgusting remedies from every corner of the world. Munchausen or love?? My bet is both:) Just hang in there, the body will heal it self, and then your wife will come out of her Munchausen/witch spell;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Best way to get rid of a cold or flu quickly is to sweat it out. Get your body temperature up by drinking hot fluids and wrapping up well. You'll be feeling better after a day. A sauna would be perfect if you had one. Drugs make you feel better, but they just prolong the symptoms.

• Like 1