THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Next level.

You must have quads of steel! I don’t see any type of knee support.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I need to grab a beer after watching this video - I'm exhausted :D

As you grab a beer I’m downing ibuprofen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Next level.

that’s my jam! not quite as bad as urs. no big rocks, cypress knees which could be worse. i call it technical riding. slow and extremely physical in a great way and big fun. falling makes me laugh. exercise ur core unbelievably. the 18s especially. 

not sure which wheel is gonna be the ranch winner. this isn’t a beauty or speed contest, this is just be able to do it with the least amount of what i call splat dismounts. if i didn’t need to survey my ranch this way with Bob, i wouldn’t have got into this but i think it’s gonna work and i won’t kill myself.

when i used my 2006 ktm 525exc, i did two rear sprocket changes to make it slower and added an electric fan so it wouldn’t overheat doing technical riding. being able to go where a 4 wheel vehicle can’t is a big deal.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, dismason said:

Hi,

I recommend https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ 15. It can be downloaded as free version. The only downside is that you can not publish 4K videos with the free version, otherwise it will work perfectly.

Regards

9 hours ago, n2eus said:

I publish 4K video with the free version.  Works excellent.  For example, here is the most recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDkK7uCoASA&index=1&list=PLMftIFkyqOhUqfs3pNoBh69izV-itodCk&t=0s

If you say so, then I have to go over my settings.

Now, when I clicked your link, I discovered that I've seen the video before and it's one of the few EUC videos I've given my thumbs up for. Good work!

Regards

Carl

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raptor said:

We with wife, went EUC ride yesterday .

Do you guys hold hands for support while riding, or just because you like to hold hands :) ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you guys hold hands for support while riding, or just because you like to hold hands :) ?

Maybe so :  We have a lot of beautiful women, in the spring in traffic and therefore she doesn't want to let me go ride alone ? !

( She can drive quite well, but still afraid. I still hope that it she will start to EUC ride independently once ? )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

Maybe so :  We have a lot of beautiful women, in the spring in traffic and therefore she doesn't want to let me go ride alone ? !

( She can drive quite well, but still afraid. I still hope that it she will start to EUC ride independently once ? )

Waiting for a video of your first kneedown on an euc ? 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, Marty Backe said:

I talk about my upcoming Mt Wilson Observatory ride, motivated by a conversation with @maltocs

Marty, for the record, at least one person is waiting anxiously for the video to see if you made it to the top. No Spoilers Please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Marty, for the record, at least one person is waiting anxiously for the video to see if you made it to the top. No Spoilers Please. 

I was really bummed this weekend. I drove to the base of the mountain but it was drizzling - a very wetting rain. I actually waited over an hour, thinking the skies would clear, but it never did :( 

I'll try again this Saturday.

I must say that it looks very interesting, and even a bit daunting. The part of the 'road' that I could see looked to be about 10-degrees for a loooong way.

• Like 3

I was really bummed this weekend. I drove to the base of the mountain but it was drizzling - a very wetting rain. I actually waited over an hour, thinking the skies would clear, but it never did :( 

I must say that it looks very interesting, and even a bit daunting. The part of the 'road' that I could see looked to be about 10-degrees for a loooong way.

As long as you take smartly timed breaks you should be fine though, right?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I did notice the drizzle and wondered if you'd go for it. It went away early afternoon. Being safe on a unknown is always a good thing. Better luck Saturday. From what I read and remember from my mountain biking days, it's very consistent and yes, alllllll the way up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I did notice the drizzle and wondered if you'd go for it. It went away early afternoon. Being safe on a unknown is always a good thing. Better luck Saturday. From what I read and remember from my mountain biking days, it's very consistent and yes, alllllll the way up. 

I left at noon and it was still raining ! A few miles away and it wasn't. Just one of those days.

I think the incline won't be a problem unless the 'road' is in bad condition. Guess I'll find out.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, a ~ 17% climb for miles might be more difficult for the wheel than "Heat-Break-Hill". I am sure the entire climb is not that steep in all parts .. but still. I join the list of anxiously waiting watchers for your coming video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I left at noon and it was still raining ! A few miles away and it wasn't. Just one of those days.

I think the incline won't be a problem unless the 'road' is in bad condition. Guess I'll find out.

Wait, wait, wait… Are you saying it RAINS in Southern California?

Have you been leading us on all this time???

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 3:16 AM, Marty Backe said:

That’s so sweet.

42078303372_4af099087d_b.jpg

Looks just like Mrs. Rehab1 and me as we ride together.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

4 hours ago, Jerome said:

Wow, a ~ 17% climb for miles might be more difficult for the wheel than "Heat-Break-Hill". I am sure the entire climb is not that steep in all parts .. but still. I join the list of anxiously waiting watchers for your coming video.

17% climb means going for a few (like 3 or 5) minutes, then waiting for at least the same time for the wheel to cool down. Even 10% is probably above what you can do consistently without overheating (or worse in the 17% case).

So my guess is, if these percentages are real, the trip won't be too long (distance wise - the time to carry a broken wheel back down from where it failed might very well be long:efeebb3acc:).

Marty, wear your protection and maybe carry the mten3 in a backpack so you can get down in reasonable time again:efee8319ab: Really looking forward to see how this turns out! Just film everything so anything that happens can at least entertain us:efeebb3acc:

THIS is real EUC testing, respect! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

17% climb means going for a few (like 3 or 5) minutes, then waiting for at least the same time for the wheel to cool down. Even 10% is probably above what you can do consistently without overheating (or worse in the 17% case).

So my guess is, if these percentages are real, the trip won't be too long (distance wise - the time to carry a broken wheel back down from where it failed might very well be long:efeebb3acc:).

Marty, wear your protection and maybe carry the mten3 in a backpack so you can get down in reasonable time again:efee8319ab: Really looking forward to see how this turns out! Just film everything so anything that happens can at least entertain us:efeebb3acc:

THIS is real EUC testing, respect! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

@Marty Backe, definitely should take a spare wheel up with you. Or tools to repair.  If you are bringing a spare wheel, first thing that comes to mind is that you do 80% charge instead.  

I, like everyone else here, am waiting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augus said:

Ride with several friends through the freshly flooded rice fields of the Albufera, in Valencia (Spain)

Nice. I love that segment at 1:10 where they are carving :thumbup: