THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Today I ...got ejected from the wheel... Are there less bouncy tires in existence?

If you want to ride at those speed off-road you can expect some air time. They aren't hard to manage with little training. Repeat that jump at slow speed until you can overpass it with confidence and enjoy that flying wheel

Edited by Demargon

25 minutes ago, Demargon said:

If you want to ride at those speed off-road you can expect some air time. They aren't hard to manage with little training. Repeat that jump at slow speed until you can overpass it with confidence and enjoy that flying wheel

Oh yeah, that's part of the fun. I have a video coming of high speed trail ride from friday. That stone was totally invisible and I didn't have perfect concentration at that point. 

I will experiment with lower pressure today. I don't know the pressure on the video but it was 3.5 bars one week before that ride. Today I'll go to 2.8. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I successfully scaled Mount Wilson on the 10-mile trail up the front. Returning, I decided to take the 26-mile 2-lane highway down. Here's part of that ride.

Hey Marty, you've successfully climbed the biggest mountain in all of Southern California, now what are you gonna do? (I'm gonna go to Disneyland!)

Congrats! How did your battery look at the top and at the end? Waiting for the video to see how the ride actually was.

Edited by maltocs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Hey Marty, you've successfully climbed the biggest mountain in all of Southern California, now what are you gonna do? (I'm gonna go to Disneyland!)

Congrats! How did your battery look at the top and at the end? Waiting for the video to see how the ride actually was.

Thanks. Blast of a day. 5+ hours on the mountain and 36-miles later I returned to my truck with ~20% battery. I think this is a minimum 1300wh adventure. All the details in the ascent and descent videos forthcoming.

Thanks for kicking my butt into trying this climb. It maybe one of my new favorite destinations :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Blast of a day. 5+ hours on the mountain and 36-miles later I returned to my truck with ~20% battery. I think this is a minimum 1300wh adventure. All the details in the ascent and descent videos forthcoming.

Thanks for kicking my butt into trying this climb. It maybe one of my new favorite destinations :thumbup:

You have not been to Copenhagen yet?

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You have not been to Copenhagen yet?

Nope. This maybe one of my favorite destinations within 30-minutes of my house :)

Edited by Marty Backe

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I successfully scaled Mount Wilson on the 10-mile trail up the front. Returning, I decided to take the 26-mile 2-lane highway down. Here's part of that ride.

nope, wouldn’t do that ride on my new v10f.

i gotta say since u have waay more experience than me, it gives me confidence in euc’s that u would ride ur hotways on what looks scary to a flatlander floridian like me. i’d probably be nervous in my touareg.

of course i just came from reading about the latest hotway victim.

i hope u include a chute in ur safety equipment checklist for these rides. 

what would happen if coming around that curve the wheel cut off, wouldn’t u superman off the edge of the mountain? i mean anything, any wheel, a small rock rolls down the mountain.

of course i think all u mountain people drive crazy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

nope, wouldn’t do that ride on my new v10f.

i gotta say since u have waay more experience than me, it gives me confidence in euc’s that u would ride ur hotways on what looks scary to a flatlander floridian like me. i’d probably be nervous in my touareg.

of course i just came from reading about the latest hotway victim.

i hope u include a chute in ur safety equipment checklist for these rides. 

what would happen if coming around that curve the wheel cut off, wouldn’t u superman off the edge of the mountain? i mean anything, any wheel, a small rock rolls down the mountain.

of course i think all u mountain people drive crazy.

:laughbounce2: Your descriptions of my craziness made me laugh. Maybe I do need a parachute. Does it look that treacherous :confused1:

If the wheel crashed I always assume that I'll generally fall straight. Worst case, if I roll over the edge, I'd be able to grab something to keep me falling to my death :cry2:

I must say that this ride was incredible (that sound track was from The Incredibles BTW) to experience and I can't wait to do it again :w00t2:

• Like 1

damn... i got an urge... a feeling.. i want a second wheel. sometime in the future. i feel like a want a msuper X

this will not end well. :P

even though i will only have money for it in a year or so

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2

in comparison, my mountains. literally, my property is the most hilly or only hilly property this close to tampa.

my wheels never strain on my driveway, at all. i'm always listening to the motor. i've burned up my fair share of electric motors and then some  corded and cordless. 

i'm hoping my gentle demands never cause a wheel failure but i pretty much 99% of the time don't go faster than i'm willing to faceplant but not having ever faceplanted, it's hard to know that speed. 

it's been raining here so i'm a happy camper today.

2018-05-20_03-26-57

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

damn... i got an urge... a feeling.. i want a second wheel. sometime in the future. i feel like a want a msuper X

this will not end well. :P

even though i will only have money for it in a year or so

some hear yanni, some hear laurel, i'm leaning to another direction. i ordered one of these last night. i figure it might be a gentler way to introduce the bureaucrats to electric personal transportation as opposed to bringing @Hirsute here for a demonstration on a euc although he rides these as well.

https://www.myinmotion.com/products/l8f-electric-scooter

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

some hear yanni, some hear laurel, i'm leaning to another direction. i ordered one of these last night. i figure it might be a gentler way to introduce the bureaucrats to electric personal transportation as opposed to bringing @Hirsute here for a demonstration on a euc although he rides these as well.

https://www.myinmotion.com/products/l8f-electric-scooter

well... im staying on my eucs :P

Edited by Shad0z

5 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

well... im staying on my eucs :P

i'm not leaving them, just mixing it up a little and trying new things for Bob.

i've got plenty of danger here without looking for it. usually u hear just, crack and then thud. idk how over all these years one hasn't gotten me.

20180518_190722

• Like 1

i think it also might break the ice in getting people to try personal ewheel transportation. 

believe it or not, a lot of people probably look at euc's and think "no way", like i feel about marty's mountains. 

give them that freedom on an escooter and they made trade up later to an euc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i think it also might break the ice in getting people to try personal ewheel transportation. 

believe it or not, a lot of people probably look at euc's and think "no way", like i feel about marty's mountains. 

give them that freedom on an escooter and they made trade up later to an euc.

i think you just gotta let people expereince it. i see your point thats one way. but another way is also just trying to throw people into it. last year the group of euc riders im with now. was invited to a festival and they made people try inmotion v3. and after they tried them for a while they realised it wasnt so extreme as it seemed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i think you just gotta let people expereince it. i see your point thats one way. but another way is also just trying to throw people into it. last year the group of euc riders im with now. was invited to a festival and they made people try inmotion v3. and after they tried them for a while they realised it wasnt so extreme as it seemed

sure, lots will be brave enough but i'm hoping the escooter will get the timid off the bench.

think parents buying something for their children. escooter has got to be better than a segway or hoverboard for safety, i mean idk because i've never experienced any of those. i like the 18.5 mph top speed. sb no effort in flat florida to cruise at 15 mph which is fast enough on the hottest days to get a cooling breeze.

i just wanna get cars off the road. with the ridiculous insurance prices, u would think that would do it, but people down here just drive without insurance.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

E-Scooter(kick) are "Specifically" banned In PA, which is why I have gone to the EUC. I don't see EUCs becoming popular, because of the learning curve, in the near future. Someone will of course come up with one that also balances side-to-side, then it may take off. When will that be .. ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2: Your descriptions of my craziness made me laugh. Maybe I do need a parachute. Does it look that treacherous :confused1:

If the wheel crashed I always assume that I'll generally fall straight. Worst case, if I roll over the edge, I'd be able to grab something to keep me falling to my death :cry2:

I must say that this ride was incredible (that sound track was from The Incredibles BTW) to experience and I can't wait to do it again :w00t2:

Right On!:cheers:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Epic scenery and epic choice of music. I went to Michael Giacchino's 50th celebration at the Royal Albert Hall.. Amazing composer. Those mountain roads look perfect for wheeling. Can't wait to get a longer range wheel and have the ability to do a long ride like that without range anxiety. 

• Like 2