THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well born in the north. But now I live in Gothenburg in Sweden. After 10+ years I have managed to not learn proper Swedish ? It is hard when  I speak Danish with customers 95% of my work hours.

That is impressive, it would probably take me more than 10 years to not learn proper Danish ;)...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kasenutty said:

People from Gothenburg are hilarious, I want to visit some day :D

Sorry, not originally a Gothenburger... I come from Uppsala about 45 miles north of the capital. But I've gone native in Gothenburg since 1995. :) 

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It could just be a "southern-hemisphere math" thing ('coz we do it different down here) but I only count 9 of those little triangles...

Which raises the question - what is #10, and will it kill you?

Ooh... If it does kill you then it's probably, "Don't ride your Z10 near alligators! ⚠️"

My math is definitely wrong and so is my ability to be complete as there is a missing page and therefore 12 total items Segway doesn't recommend. No alligators out here in southern California but we got snakes which I hear you kiwis don't have to worry about.

Screenshot_20180518-101448_Drive.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, maltocs said:

My math is definitely wrong and so is my ability to be complete as there is a missing page and therefore 12 total items Segway doesn't recommend. No alligators out here in southern California but we got snakes which I hear you kiwis don't have to worry about.

Screenshot_20180518-101448_Drive.jpg

Haven’t ridden my ninebot for a year.  I guess since I don’t ride ninebot, the illustrations don’t apply.  Lol

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Scatcat said:

That is impressive, it would probably take me more than 10 years to not learn proper Danish ;)...

Don't be so modest @Scatcat… I'm sure you could not learn it much quicker than that.   :blink1:

• Like 1

This is why I have high hopes for the Z series, even though my enthusiasm has cooled a bit with the luke-warm early reviews.  It has a much wider tire than other EUCs, but what's often forgotten in discussion is that it incorporates a tubeless design that allows for lower PSI, which in theory should provide better shock absorption and therefore greater safety.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

This is why I have high hopes for the Z series, even though my enthusiasm has cooled a bit with the luke-warm early reviews.  It has a much wider tire than other EUCs, but what's often forgotten in discussion is that it incorporates a tubeless design that allows for lower PSI, which in theory should provide better shock absorption and therefore greater safety.  

Early reports are the Z series tubeless tire is surprisingly unforgiving on rough surfaces. Rock hard, basically. Another rookie mistake by Ninebot, they should have gone with tubes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Today I had my first proper fall after 1300 km. Although didn’t really fall, but got ejected from the wheel at pretty good speed anyway. A well camouflaged stone to blame. I’ve noticed this tire is pretty bouncy. Are there less bouncy tires in existence? Grip tape wouldn’t have helped. 

Bounciness probably has more to do with your air pressure than the tire itself, right? With the wide 2.5" tire, you should be able to lower the air pressure a fair amount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Early reports are the Z series tubeless tire is surprisingly unforgiving on rough surfaces. Rock hard, basically. Another rookie mistake by Ninebot, they should have gone with tubes.

i think they should go all in and just make it an off road electric unicycle with a knobby mountain bike wide tire and pump up the motor. 

much better, easier for their legal team. 

that’s why we have specialized vehicles for different terrain.

nobody is ever gonna lean their 10z the way i leaned my ktm superduke r in a corner for needing that profile of a tire. 

i’m definitely sitting on the fence on this one.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

nobody is ever gonna lean their 10z the way i leaned my ktm superduke r in a corner for needing that profile of a tire. 

Especially not with that low pedal height

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah now that i have my v10f, every euc looks like it has low pedals like the 18l videos.

18L pedal height is just about the same as V10F, maybe a fraction of an inch shorter.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Today I had my first proper fall after 1300 km. Although didn’t really fall, but got ejected from the wheel at pretty good speed anyway. A well camouflaged stone to blame. I’ve noticed this tire is pretty bouncy. Are there less bouncy tires in existence? Grip tape wouldn’t have helped. 

Nice video. I have to wonder if those pedals had grip tape you wouldn't have lost it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Nice video. A bike path I take has that kind of pedestrian traffic on the weekends and twice that when rowing events are held. Plus it is less that half the width. I have learn the greatest amount of control riding in those conditions than any other situation. Fortunately if it gets to be grid locked I can go to the grass or street.

• Upvote 1

Today I had my first proper fall after 1300 km.

Extremely polite first ”fall”, @UniVehje! ? That specific road used to have a few horrible vertical cave-ins. While I never hit one, I still back down on my speed. Don’t tell me that was a max speed alert?!

I’ve noticed this tire is pretty bouncy. Are there less bouncy tires in existence?

It is, and there are. I have 4 or 5 different 16x2.5” tires and that Kenda is clearly the bounciest. I had to go below 2.5 bars to make it any easier.

I dont think grip tape alone would’ve held your feet in place, you did get proper air there! What I have learned is that with the shock absorber protos you also saw, I can go stupid speeds over badly curled sections and my boots stay on the pedals as if they were glued. Even if I get a little air under the wheel.

But as meaningful suspension is a pain to build into (and maintain in) these, I’d say your best bet is to replace the tire. The CST that’s on the Msuper is the least bouncy of what I’ve tried, although it is a bit wavy on pavement. A bit more air pressure could help with that though, I’m not sure if I went past 3.3 bars.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Nice video. A bike path I take has that kind of pedestrian traffic on the weekends and twice that when rowing events are held. Plus it is less that half the width. I have learn the greatest amount of control riding in those conditions than any other situation. Fortunately if it gets to be grid locked I can go to the grass or street.

Yes, riding in these conditions improves your skill and observational awareness alot. If pet dogs are around I slow it right down as they can be very unpredictable sometimes. I try to ride discreetly in those situations.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, Demargon said:

Anybody do that for climb curbs?

First I thought he was doing exactly as I do, but then he started jumping like a grasshopper! Makes it look so effortless too. I just ride close to or touching the curb and let the wheel almost stop for a blink while I prepare the ”jump”. Everything else is the same, I just don’t get airborne.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Hey you ran it out! That’s not a fall! Seriously though, glad you didn’t break anything and you’ve been super lucky to avoid one until now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I was asking just the other day if any had tips to gain control of such similar situation. @Marty Backe I doubt grip tape would make any differance.

If you look at the slow motion, you will se the feets have slip in air to a point where ther are way too far front shifted on the pedals. this leads to lack of controls. So any inperfection now becomes almost impossive to counter.

This is what I reffered to "standing on my toes" so the feets touch the pedals more controlled rather landing with heels first as this tend to lead to no control (for me atleast).

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1