New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

8 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They're overqualified in terms of repair and engineering experience. But of course this specific repair and disassembly / reassembly will be new to pretty much anyone, so we will be taking extra care and double / triple checking work along the way to make sure we aren't introducing any new problems along the way. ;)

Sorry your company is having all of these issues. I have complete confidence in your team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry your company is having all of these issues. I have complete confidence in your team. 

i feel sorry for them too. shipping rates are so expensive these days.

so please, take ur time and since u are all up in there, take a couple of minutes to make sure everything looks and works ok. in other words, work on it like it was your wheel. waay cheaper in the long run. trust me. 

warranty work will eat ur lunch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i feel sorry for them too. shipping rates are so expensive these days.

so please, take ur time and since u are all up in there, take a couple of minutes to make sure everything looks and works ok. in other words, work on it like it was your wheel. waay cheaper in the long run. trust me. 

warranty work will eat ur lunch.

You might be surprised how inexpensive shipping can be for companies that move a lot of product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You might be surprised how inexpensive shipping can be for companies that move a lot of product.

i have no idea. i just know in the past 18 years it sure has gotten way more expensive for me to ship or shipping rates to me sometimes. 

either way it’s f**king stoopid to open up a wheel at the service center for warranty work and not thoroughly check it out. nobody likes warranty work. try to keep it to the minimum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

either way it’s f**king stoopid to open up a wheel at the service center for warranty work and not thoroughly check it out. nobody likes warranty work. try to keep it to the minimum.

It is like always: Never touch a running machine - you could get other faults!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, eufp said:

There is this file floating around, on how to waterproof V10F. They say it is an official Inmotion how-to source.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/HFrv/FHg8YnrYC

EDIT: Here is what is inside that PowerPoint file.

pp(1).thumb.jpg.8d333bedb0bfc0e0e5ba5bf2538942e9.jpg

You guys who want to DIY may want to wait for a more recent version which covers the casing for the battery later announced by InMotion. Might be the initial document that InMotion prepared before realizing that sealant will not suffice.

It is interesting to see on those pictures that the board is still marked V8. But might be one of the very first wheel that have been used for the preparation of that document?

Now I got a message that my preorder of V10F will be postponed for five more weeks. :unsure: Well, the other option is KS18L, available in stock… I guess this postponement is yet another little push, away from V10F. :mellow:

10 hours ago, eufp said:

There is this file floating around, on how to waterproof V10F. They say it is an official Inmotion how-to source.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/HFrv/FHg8YnrYC

EDIT: Here is what is inside that PowerPoint file.

pp(1).thumb.jpg.8d333bedb0bfc0e0e5ba5bf2538942e9.jpg

EDIT2: That is how, supposedly, the kit from InMotion looks.

1onmotg.thumb.jpeg.3de78a2478793314b7480b343b5fca39.jpeg

Those instructions are only for the silicone sealant for the inner case. Our latest instructions are the ones I already posted that include the additional plastic battery case, and the DIY kits we are sending to our customers include it: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Meq5YVzhvslDQN_gCdZrMDad8O3SmcQLuhHWuxf89q4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

I got my Inmotion v10 last week, and recently did the firmware upgrade to v2.2.8.  However, in the app I don't see any choice between A/B (Comfort/Classic) driving mode.  Is this something which only activates after some mileage (I'm currently at 25km) ?

31 minutes ago, Kristof Willen said:

I got my Inmotion v10 last week, and recently did the firmware upgrade to v2.2.8.  However, in the app I don't see any choice between A/B (Comfort/Classic) driving mode.  Is this something which only activates after some mileage (I'm currently at 25km) ?

No, that should be there immediately. You do have the latest app? In the wheel settings, close to the bottom of the screen you should see the toggle between comfort and classic. I do seem remember not finding it immediately myself after upgrading, but don't remember the details unfortunately.

49 minutes ago, Kristof Willen said:

Last app version is 7.0.4 on android

Edited by Fastmike

2 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

Android or Apple?

On Android - as @Fastmike noted - it is 7.0.4 and works fine.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:51 AM, Fastmike said:

Ecodrift has just posted a video at https://youtu.be/aZGk3s7s5D4

It is interesting to note that at 2', the InMotion card installed in the V10F is labelled V8 Driver v1.2 from 2017

This seems to confirm that all V10F released so far are using 'pre production' design! Including a single fuse, despite the fact that Ecodrift was initially told that the production models will have two fuses.

Too bad if confirmed. That might explain the overheat issues...

Will be interested to get confirmation from people who will use the DIY procedure. 

They didn’t weatherproof the battery. They just did the seam. If you don’t get the kit with the battery case, I would still weather protect the battery with 2” wide electrical tape with a couple wraps and caulking for the wires. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

I'm not sure but the riding mode selection could be only for V10F. 

7 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

New V10F owner. It came with v2.2.8 already installed and when I connected to the iPhone app I immediately saw the Comfort/Classic mode options.

51 minutes ago, Elder Meat said:

New V10F owner. It came with v2.2.8 already installed and when I connected to the iPhone app I immediately saw the Comfort/Classic mode options.

Came with 2.2.8? Can you please share the first 3 digits of your serial numbre for reference? (125xxxx, 126xxxxx,....)?

Many thanks

10 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Last app version is 7.0.4 on android

I had app version 7.0.3 - I downloaded latest version (7.0.7) from the Inmotion web page, and indeed the choice between the two driving modes was right there.  Seems also that the latest version is also present in the Android Play Store. 

1 hour ago, Elder Meat said:

SN is 12714xxx. Per Jason it still requires the battery waterproofing upgrade kit.

Did he give you a choice to either leave it with him for however long or give it to you with a DIY weatherproofing kit? I'm stuck on a 3 month delayed shipment from another dealer... still a little salty about it. :efeee20b79: 

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Many thanks!  That is a surprise since I was told that only 124xxx wheels and a part of 125xxx were impacted! :(

That’s what Ialso had read, I just received my with serial 126... I thought I was ok!

• Upvote 1