New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You'll never get an answer to your question.

The Slime 1-1/4" valve extenders that I bought for the Z10 may work nicely for the V10. I noticed with the Z10 that I only had to apply a few turns to get a good connection. Might be worth a few bucks to try.

@Jeffrey Scott Will has one. maybe he’ll demostrate how he does it.

yeah, i’ll make something work if inmotion doesn’t step up. i’m pretty anal about tire pressure so it is a pita. they all are, but this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will has one. maybe he’ll demostrate how he does it.

yeah, i’ll make something work if inmotion doesn’t step up. i’m pretty anal about tire pressure so it is a pita. they all are, but this is ridiculous.

When you've put air in an MSuper V3, then you can complain ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You'll never get an answer to your question.

The Slime 1-1/4" valve extenders that I bought for the Z10 may work nicely for the V10. I noticed with the Z10 that I only had to apply a few turns to get a good connection. Might be worth a few bucks to try.

I think that is worth a try.  I have a slime electric pump and it works fine with my V10F.  A few turns and it’s on.  It may be a slime thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

that kind of stuff makes me more mad than a teething pain. 

that’s just here, it’s f**ked up customer, u deal with it.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

I think that is worth a try.  I have a slime electric pump and it works fine with my V10F.  A few turns and it’s on.  It may be a slime thing.

maybe i’ll get a slime pump.

it never ends.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

With the MSuper V3 and the Z, I use my old proven E+ valve extension. It works fine. No ? ? sweat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eufp said:

And on my end, I have the information that the wheels starting with 124xxx ARE those with problems. Or I am also starting to get lost in all those shards of decentralized information?

Yes, the earlier information stated that wheels with serial numbers starting with 124 are from the first batch (and  @Stan Onymous confirmed his Inmotion USA wheel to be one of those).

15 minutes ago, Nils said:

Yes, the earlier information stated that wheels with serial numbers starting with 124 are from the first batch (and  @Stan Onymous confirmed his Inmotion USA wheel to be one of those).

15 minutes ago, Nils said:

So my dealer told me 'bullsh......!

10 hours ago, Glitched said:

Jeffrey clarified a few pages ago that the very latest batch (shipping in August?) already come with the polycarbonate battery casings, and presumably this water sealant fix. All other wheels sound like they should be recalled in coordination with your seller. We don't seem to have a rep here from outside the USA representing InMotion, so there's not much Jeffrey can do there without stepping on other teams' toes and making promises another team would have to honor..  I feel for the folks that bought the wheel from other vendors, but not withstanding a more regional forum that the vendor is active on, I don't know what else can be reasonably expected out of this particular forum's vendor representatives WRT the battery and sealant fixes (overloads on the other hand...). Maybe I've got some learning to do on how these InMotion 'franchises'? relate to the bigger corporation. 

That is true enough, @Jeffrey Scott Will has stated that they're a small team which is now understandingly stretched thin.Their team seems to do a good job of taking care of their customers, and one can't blame them for focusing on their own clientele. The problem seems to be that Inmotion USA is the only possible potential contact for us. I've personally tried to contact Inmotion Global twice about this issue without any reply whatsoever, and information to other sellers seems to have been scarce as well.

Ideally all sellers would be well-informed and on top of this, but even should they be the whole thing would be fragile. Would if you bought your wheel second hand? What if your seller went out of business? Imagine buying a car in in one of the same situations, and all of a sudden you're not part of any recall program with nowhere to turn. Well it doesn't happen as the manufacturer takes responsibility for all customers regardless of sales channels. So it's certainly not Inmotion USA's fault, but there's no clear alternative as Inmotion Global themselves doesn't present any information or respond to queries.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

So my dealer told me 'bullsh......!

Well it seems they might have gotten the facts inverted at least or that they we're unclear in their communication, unfortunate as it just adds more confusion :(

Just received some feedback from my seller that my wheel is not from the first batch and that it should be good to go (my serial starts with 125, so that matches with the earlier info). Of course, my own understanding is that this means is has a stronger/thicker seal but that it's still without the battery casing (my reasoning is that had all batches > 1 had the battery casing there would be no need for the reported 2-3 months delay for Inmotion USA due to having waterproofing their later batch).

I'll have to see what I'll do, one possibility would be to open up the wheel anyway myself and seal up the battery properly myself for peace of mind. On the other hand that would mean breaking the current housing seal and replacing it with what would likely be a weaker seal so perhaps leave thing well enough alone unless more information comes out (so far the official Inmotion take seems to be that this is adequate as there hasn't been any recalls for these wheels, but it's still not considered good enough for Inmotion USA though since they're installing the casings so..).

11 minutes ago, Nils said:

That is true enough, @Jeffrey Scott Will has stated that they're a small team which is now understandingly stretched thin.Their team seems to do a good job of taking care of their customers, and one can't blame them for focusing on their own clientele. The problem seems to be that Inmotion USA is the only possible potential contact for us. I've personally tried to contact Inmotion Global twice about this issue without any reply whatsoever, and information to other sellers seems to have been scarce as well.

Ideally all sellers would be well-informed and on top of this, but even should they be the whole thing would be fragile. Would if you bought your wheel second hand? What if your seller went out of business? Imagine buying a car in in one of the same situations, and all of a sudden you're not part of any recall program with nowhere to turn. Well it doesn't happen as the manufacturer takes responsibility for all customers regardless of sales channels. So it's certainly not Inmotion USA's fault, but there's no clear alternative as Inmotion Global themselves doesn't present any information or respond to queries.

I agree.

But why don't official channels - like Inmotion Iberia - don't tell their customers about the issues?

What is the difference between Inmotion USA and Inmotion Iberia. Both of them seems to be 'subsidiaries' of Inmotion China?

Just a question, in light of the facts I am looking for other options, and would like to know the real weight of a V10F, for comparison's sake. I have searched the forum and could not find the information. On the internet the weight varies from 18 to 24 kg. Do you happen to know the exact weight "in front of the flight of stairs"? Thank you in advance.

Edited by eufp

my return instructions to inmotion.

why on earth would they want the instruction manual?

Here is your pre-paid return label so that you can get your V10 sent in to us for the weatherproofing upgrade. When sending the V10 back, please include the V10 and the user manual, no need to send in the charger. If you don't have your instruction manual, don't worry, just send in the V10.

You are responsible for properly packing your wheel for shipment. We definitely recommend using the original box and packaging to send the item back if at all possible because it will best protect it. But, if you don't have that box any longer then you would need to use a box that is at least 28" x 25" x 11" and you would need to pack the wheel in with lots of bubble wrap or Instapak foam packaging. Please do not use styrofoam pellets as this will not properly protect during shipping. If you aren't using the original box and must purchase a box and packing material, please take a photo of the receipt and e-mail it to us and we can reimburse you for the cost via PayPal. Thank you.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, eufp said:

Just a question, in light of the facts I am looking for other options, and would like to know the real weight of a V10F, for comparison's sake. I have searched the forum and could not find the information. On the internet the weight varies from 18 to 24 kg. Do you happen to know the exact weight "in front of the flight of stairs"? Thank you in advance.

20180616_182708

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have no idea what the Inmotion manuals look like, but maybe they are better than the 90-percent Chinese / 10% kind-of-English manuals produced by Gotway.

They are really covering their bases, so they probably want to add a warning sticker / page  to the manual that advises you how to operate the wheel around water.

So send the manual in. I'll be curious to see if I'm right.

if i can find iti will. 

i’m queasy about sending in my perfectly good wheel all the way california to have no telling what kind of wrench is gonna be working on my wheel i’m gonna be riding again some day.

as if euc riders didn’t have enough to stress over.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if i can find iti will. 

i’m queasy about sending in my perfectly good wheel all the way california to have no telling what kind of wrench is gonna be working on my wheel i’m gonna be riding again some day.

as if euc riders didn’t have enough to stress over.

If you were a highly skilled technician, would you be working for what I assume is not an enriching career in the service room at Inmotion USA? But when a person (you) doesn't want to work on their own wheels, what choice do you have?

And it also has to survive two more cross-country shipments. More opportunity for guerilla abuse ;)

Fortunately these wheels are simple devices (at the subassembly level) so I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you were a highly skilled technician, would you be working for what I assume is not an enriching career in the service room at Inmotion USA? But when a person (you) doesn't want to work on their own wheels, what choice do you have?

And it also has to survive two more cross-country shipments. More opportunity for guerilla abuse ;)

Fortunately these wheels are simple devices (at the subassembly level) so I'm sure you'll be fine.

i’d much rather wrench on anything carrying such precious cargo, but in my very temporary digs, hopefully, it’s really not convenient for me at all.

but ur right i’m sorta at their mercy even though i’d probably not ride it in the rain anyway.

maybe i’ll decide the zed sled puts all the others to shame and dump them all and get a spare zed sled when available.

which ever one does pasture better. anywheel can do pavement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i’d much rather wrench on anything carrying such precious cargo, but in my very temporary digs, hopefully, it’s really not convenient for me at all.

but ur right i’m sorta at their mercy even though i’d probably not ride it in the rain anyway.

maybe i’ll decide the zed sled puts all the others to shame and dump them all and get a spare zed sled when available.

which ever one does pasture better. anywheel can do pavement.

Hopefully the "zed sled" will have the additional power that we are expecting. Then it will easily be able to navigate your pasture. The pre-production unit was a little more iffy when it came to climbing out of pockets in the ground.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

You guys are being too hard on the InMotion USA team. They are top notch with service done. Engineers are always awkward at communication, so I think from that measure you can definitely trust them to wrench on your baby. They will have the experience and repetition to do it well and by this time in the game they wont be burned out yet.

When you have all the right tools, this is a blast of a job. Wrenching on these vehicles is probably 100% more pleasurable than answering to these types of Posts in the forum. :huh:

At nearly 50lbs shipping weight, the gorillas wont do too much throwing around, since these will be stacked on the bottom of the trucks. They wont want to move these much at all I imagine.

is the overheat issue solved for u?

what about the bearing issue? 

are these other things gonna be fixed a the workshop?

i have no experience with their service dept it sounds like u do and i hope u are correct.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

Don't want to stir up more uncertainty and drama, but inmotion France issued a recall on the french forum.

I'll include the message below, the serial numbers listed are to be recalled.

It seems some 125... Series are affected as well.

"

Chers clients,

Nous avons constaté un point de faiblesse au niveau de l’étanchéité d’une petite série de V10F, issue de notre réseau de revendeurs officiels (http://www.inmotion-france.fr/revendeurs-new.php).

Cela ne concerne que les V10F et absolument pas les V10.

Vous trouverez ci-dessous la liste des numéros de série concernés :

- 1251885FEFBE010E, 
- 1251885F51BD0126, 
- 1251885FC87C012B, 
- 1251885F49BF0106, 
- 1251885F377C013F, 
- 1251885F6DB80176,
- 1251885FC47D013B, 
- 1251885F1DFC0139, 
- 1251885F467B0143, 
- 1251885FCAFA014D, 
- 1251885F6CFB0145, 
- 1251885F1F7A015F, 
- 1251885FAC3B0154, 
- 1251885FED380168, 
- 1251885F137B014F, 
- 1251885F4B390160, 
- 1251885F917D0137, 
- 1251885F1238017C, 
- 1251885FA03A0144, 
- 1251885F9EB90172.

—> Si le numéro de série de votre V10F n’apparait pas dans cette liste, votre produit n‘est pas concerné par ce message et vous pouvez l’utiliser en toute sécurité en respectant les précautions d'usages.

—> Si le numéro de série de votre V10F fait partie de cette même liste, merci de nous contacter sur sav@newwalkings.com en nous communiquant votre facture, votre numéro de série et vos coordonnées, afin que nous puissions prendre contact avec vous et solutionner ce problème. L’ensemble des frais occasionnés par cette mesure sera pris en charge par la société New Walkings - Inmotion France.

Par mesure de précaution, nous demandons aux clients concernés de respecter les consignes suivantes, afin d’éviter de sérieux dommages :
- Ne pas utiliser la V10F sous la pluie ou sur revêtement mouillé.
- Si vous l’avez utilisée dans des conditions humides, ne mettez plus le produit en charge.

Nous sommes conscients de la gêne occasionnée, nous souhaitons mettre tout en oeuvre dans les meilleurs délais, pour vous permettre d’utiliser nos produits en toute sécurité.

Merci de votre compréhension,

Le sav New Walkings
sav@newwalkings.com"

Inmotion France confirmes no v10's are affected, only the v10f.

I've decided to leave the v10's be until all the kinks are worked out.

V8 owner since yesterday... Seems a Nice wheel to start with.

Edited by Animation-Imp
Spelling error
  • Like 2

My V10f is being shipped out today. I thought about performing the procedure myself but I’m tried of ripping into wheels. I trust Inmotion and they will have the repair technique down to a science by the time mine arrives.

For those who throw their EUC boxes away this is a good reason to rethink that process. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Animation-Imp said:

Don't want to stir up more uncertainty and drama, but inmotion France issued a recall on the french forum. (…) It seems some 125... Series are affected as well. 

Thank you for the information. Very much appreciated. It is important to get teh whole picture, since Inmotion does not communicate at all. Who is to ensure us that the same problems could not arise in some wheels with 126, 127 etc? There was information previously that ONLY some of 124 series were affected. Now the next series. Where is the buyer confidence now? Shot.

Ah well, all those kinks significantly tip the balance out of favor for them, and pushes first-time buyers to other brands. :(

Edited by eufp