New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The original shipping label was also 55 lbs

no plastic bag, no charger, no instruction manual.

53 pounds 6 ounces. 

2018-08-22_04-14-59

only off 7 pounds 6 ounces from the 46 pound shipping label.

the wheel by itself weighs 46 pounds.

20180616_182708

3 hours ago, Glitched said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I originally quoted you saying you got notification of a v10f shipping.

Zs...Vs... so much happening with these wheels. 

I wonder how much this is costing InMotion.  You would think some deliberate planning for water-resistance or water-proofing would have avoided all of this.  I think they do have gaskets in some places, and their shell design looks top notch so it's surprising that this detail concerning water ingress could have caused such a huge problem.  Would a little bit of silicone sealant around the battery seals and wire entrances avoided all the costs of the recall and repair and saved their reputation from dropping a few notches?

Is there no third party company or beta tester they can send wheels early on to to have them put the wheel through various tests (water, vibration, hill climb, overheat, etc)?  I'm sure the cost to do a few tests would be likely cheaper than recalling and fixing problems after the fact?  If I were a CEO, I'd prefer to have my products thoroughly tested before mass production issues pop up.  Why would anyone want to go through the headaches of a recall?   Sure, some things you can't catch or plan for, but other things just seem pretty basic even to a layperson like me.  Waterproofing!  Just do it!  :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

As an engineer, I have always tested stuff I designed an got produced rigorously and only had resistance to correcting problems from others or non-technical people sticking their noses into the process. Problems also are difficult when teams are involved and the “leader” doesn’t care except to get their bonuses for being on time. Or there was someone who has difficulty with imagination of all the stuff that the product go through. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

no plastic bag, no charger, no instruction manual.

53 pounds 6 ounces. 

Be sure not to send the custom pedal covers with your shipment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ve not heard how other countries are handling this recall but our IM friends in California should be commended!  They have done a superb job reaching out to all of the owners. My UPS guy already had the shipping tag is his hand today. Effortless. It will be interesting what the turn around time is.

Not sure how many V10/F’s ended up in the US but if you calculate for just 50 wheels the UPS shipping costs round trip (EST $120 -$150 each) could be staggering. Add the extra manpower to perform the mods (?) and the new custom molded parts I would wager the costs just for the US would fall between $15 -$20 K. 

without having a printer, ups told me the driver couldn’t do a label here, so i had to drive out of the way to fedex for a thirteen cent one page print because i refuse to give the thieves at the ups store $3 to print the label. if that’s not price gouging idk what is.

good new is ur scales weigh heavy so ur a pound and a half lighter than u thought u were. i found my manual, undid my box and jambed it in there. 53 pounds 7.25 ounces according to fedex.

anyway, it will start moving back to cali tmrw.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Be sure not to send the custom pedal covers with your shipment. 

i didn’t, i didn’t trust them. but i did think they should see them. idk why these wheel guys don’t capitalize on the gravy market of accessories.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Not sure how many V10/F’s ended up in the US but if you calculate for just 50 wheels the UPS shipping costs round trip (EST $120 -$150 each) could be staggering. Add the extra manpower to perform the mods (?) and the new custom molded parts I would wager the costs just for the US would fall between $15 -$20 K. 

If it is a recall by INMOTION then the head company should be reimbursing INMOTION USA for all the costs. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i didn’t, i didn’t trust them. but i did think they should see them. idk why these wheel guys don’t capitalize on the gravy market of accessories.

I trust them. Just hopefully my custom pedals don’t end up China. ;) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

If it is a recall by INMOTION then the head company should be reimbursing INMOTION USA for all the costs. 

Yes I concur. I was just attempting to calculate what the US mods would possibly cost IM headquarters. 

25 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I trust them. Just hopefully my custom pedals don’t end up China. ;) 

yeah i forgot about ur pedals. 

u have some major work on urs.

after they have hacked on urs and @Stan Onymous i’m hoping they learn before getting around to mine.

i took lots of proof of life photos of mine because it still looks brand new and hoping it gets returned that way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Unless I can get a new front fender kickstand put on at the InMotion shop which I would love, I am thinking of doing the intimate repair in my speedo and recording it for InMotion to use for their European water sealing instruction video. I may wear a Marty mask if they prefer anonymity. Ill do two takes.

i wanna kickstand!

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

i wanna kickstand!

No I mean the bent edge thats already there. Its a kick stand to keep the wheel upright instead of leaning it on something, when powered down. 

Mine broke off in an LED lighting experiment I was doing up in Griffith Park

Edited by Stan Onymous

Just now, Stan Onymous said:

No I mean the bent edge thats already there. Its a kick stand to keep the wheel upright instead of leaning it on something, when powered down. 

mick jagger has bigger lips.

• Like 1

@Jeffrey Scott Will i think this little one might have come with the l8f escooter i got from y’all. it definitely has a shorter throat than my other 4 extensions.

my v10f is otw back to u so i can’t see if it will work. if u can locate one, maybe u can try it and if it works, send one out with the repaired wheel, please.

2018-08-22_11-09-57

and yes @Rehab1 my hands are really that big.

29269594677_c5388c99a9_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will i think this little one might have come with the l8f escooter i got from y’all. it definitely has a shorter throat than my other 4 extensions.

my v10f is otw back to u so i can’t see if it will work. if u can locate one, maybe u can try it and if it works, send one out with the repaired wheel, please.

2018-08-22_11-09-57

and yes @Rehab1 my hands are really that big.

29269594677_c5388c99a9_b.jpg

I use the extension that came with my ninebot s1. I put it on the belt sander and took some length off of the throat, works perfectly!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I use the extension that came with my ninebot s1. I put it on the belt sander and took some length off of the throat, works perfectly!

well, i only did a visual using a small phillips for a gauge, but if this little one with the shorter throat works, it will become my little precious.

• Like 1

1001 miles on my V10F as of today in just over two months and looking forward to giving my baby a thorough waterproofing and cleaning. Also if @Jason McNeil or @Jeffrey Scott Will have a spare front fender stand body piece available, I will need that part too since I am doing a full teardown, might as well fix the old V10 cosmetically as well. Unless they want to do it for me.

I kind of want to do it myself if they can give a little better lighted pics, and more detailed battery disconnect reconnect procedures. I have all the tools from working on cars and this is no more difficult that putting together and rewiring a dashboard. 

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 3