New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

50 minutes ago, Zeno74 said:

That’s what Ialso had read, I just received my with serial 126... I thought I was ok!

My own take based on the chronology and the 3 month delivery delay announced by InmotionUSA is that the first batch had a too weak seal (124X, some wrongly marked 125X). For later batches they used a stronger seal. But then in August they decided that they really needed a battery casing (in conjunction with eWheels I believe?) at least in the US. Hence the three month delay for Inmotion USA as they will retrofit the battery casing to the already new batch they had. Which leaves us with some non-first batches that have a stronger seal (mine included) that are apparently considered safe by Inmotion (yay!), but at the same time not safe enough that they're going to sell them wheels in the US (eh what?). Just my own understanding though, I could be wrong, and as usual I'm not aware of any official information from InMotion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nils said:

My own take based on the chronology and the 3 month delivery delay announced by InmotionUSA is that the first batch had a too weak seal (124X, some wrongly marked 125X). For later batches they used a stronger seal. But then in August they decided that they really needed a battery casing (in conjunction with eWheels I believe?) at least in the US. Hence the three month delay for Inmotion USA as they will retrofit the battery casing to the already new batch they had. Which leaves us with some non-first batches that have a stronger seal (mine included) that are apparently considered safe by Inmotion (yay!), but at the same time not safe enough that they're going to sell them wheels in the US (eh what?). Just my own understanding though, I could be wrong, and as usual I'm not aware of any official information from InMotion.

I had imagined exactly the same, I expect my wheel to have the "quick and dirty" patch with the silicon but not yet the final solution with the battery case...I would like to have an official statement from Inmotion on the situation...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

So three first digit are for year and Month of production...   12 hexa means 18 for 2018, means 124xxxxx have been produced in April 2018, 127xxxxx in July 2018!

That sounds good. So my wheel is produced in April '18. With all issues - thanks a lot, inmotion.....

Currently it is on its way to the repair centre Inmotion Iberia.....

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I just received word back from Inmotion about how my V10F waterproofing modification was proceeding. I had also asked about the past bearing issues but it appears that my wheel is fine. I am extremely happy so far with the communication, professionalism and rapid turn around Inmotion has extended to me.

In my opinion everyone that sent their V10/F  back for repair should feel confident about the modification process. This was not an easy recall by no means but Inmotion stepped up to the plate and absorbed all of the costs including shipping and hired a teams of professionals to perform the necessary modifications. 

The IM staff and technicians should be commended for their exhaustive efforts and superb customer service! :clap3:

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:56 PM PDT, InMotion Service <service@myinmotion.com> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

We updated the firmware and everything is working great except the speed is still not displayed on the app. After doing some testing on other wheels we've found that it's a bug in the app and for some reason the V10/V10F is the only model that isn't displaying the speed at the moment. So, we've passed on the info to our app team so that they can work on an update that will fix that.

We tested the wheel for any noise caused by bearings and didn't hear anything that was out of the ordinary. The V10/V10F does have a high pitched whine to the motor that other models don't, but in the new firmware update if you're riding in 'Comfort mode' there isn't any whining sound. Since you were saying that the bearing noise was occasional it also could be that something small is getting caught between the wheel and the case and making a noise and then it comes loose and the noise stops. The clearance between the wheel and the case is pretty small so occasionally something like a leaf may get stuck up in there and make a grinding noise for a bit, but it usually breaks loose after a bit.

So, everything is looking good and we'll be getting your wheel shipped back soon. You'll get an e-mail confirmation once it's shipped out. Once you receive it, if you get any strange noises please document it in a video and send it to us and we can evaluate it to see what we think is going on. Thanks!

Kevin
service@myinmotion.com

They said my DIY kit will likely be sent out this week. They were waiting to receive some of the material. 

inmotion just sent me an email today about returning my wheel. 

since i’m in tampa, i probably won’t get it back until wed thurs next week. 

maybe they are trying to do east coasters first since it’s a week shipping times and california is next day.

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

inmotion just sent me an email today about returning my wheel. 

since i’m in tampa, i probably won’t get it back until wed thurs next week. 

maybe they are trying to do east coasters first since it’s a week shipping times and california is next day.

That could be.  Not really worried about the extended time...just want to make sure my wheel didn’t get lost in the shuffle.  We will see.  Thanks 

20 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

They said my DIY kit will likely be sent out this week. They were waiting to receive some of the material. 

Got email yesterday that said they are sending me the DIY kit next week. I’ve got my 2” wide electrical tape ready to double protect the battery case. 

Edited by Harold Farrenkopf

19 hours ago, Sketch said:

@Rehab1 @novazeus Are you guys contacting INMOTION or did they contact you?  I mailed out my wheel the day I got the label from ewheels and it arrived there the next day.  I live in California so I was hoping I could get mine in and out quickly.

Thanks

Same as @novazeus they contacted me. My repaired V10F is scheduled for delivery next Wednesday. They performed the repair in approximately  2 weeks. Very acceptable time frame in my opinion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, novazeus said:

i see in @Rehab1 correspondence that the speed doesn’t display on the new software. great. oh well.

They were suppose to update the firmware before shipping out the wheel. Since I never pay attention to the speedometer in my truck this was not a big problem.  

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 2:51 PM, eufp said:

Now I got a message that my preorder of V10F will be postponed for five more weeks. :unsure: Well, the other option is KS18L, available in stock… I guess this postponement is yet another little push, away from V10F. :mellow:

Unfortunately, after delays (was waiting for it for two months and no clear answer for how more I would have waited), no clear communications from inmotion about their progress, piling problems—I pulled the plug and ordered a KS18L. But I wanted V10F first, so it will always have a place in an euc part of heart :)

Edited by eufp
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sketch said:

That could be.  Not really worried about the extended time...just want to make sure my wheel didn’t get lost in the shuffle.  We will see.  Thanks 

I sent mine out the day after my ewheels shipping label was created and it was received in San Diego after the labor day weekend on Tuesday in one business day. Still haven't heard anything. It's taking a little longer than I thought as I didn't even think there were that many in the wild. 

31 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I sent mine out the day after my ewheels shipping label was created and it was received in San Diego after the labor day weekend on Tuesday in one business day. Still haven't heard anything. It's taking a little longer than I thought as I didn't even think there were that many in the wild. 

I just contacted Jason this morning and he figured out mine was arriving today via ups. I took a photo of my serial# before I shipped to make sure I got the same wheel back.  I sent him this ( not sure if it helped) and he was able to get the info about shipping. No contact or warning from INMOTION USA directly.  I’ll post when(if) it arrives.

• Like 1

@maltocs   The V10f just arrived from my recall repair.  Everything looks good.  I was still running the original firmware and they didn’t touch that which is fine with me.  Thanks to @Jason McNeil for the heads up that it was arriving today orI would have missed it.  Hopefully you will get yours back early next week. Pretty painless and quick experience except for the lack of communication from INMOTION.

• Like 1