New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I'm asking, because my serial no. starts with 124xxxx!

I thought - was corrected - that 124xx is wheather issue!

My understanding is that all wheels whose serial numbers start with 124 are affected (first batch). With the this information it seems that in addition there are wheels with serial numbers starting with 125 that are affected as well, but seemingly not all. Should be the same issue though, lack of waterproofing allowing water to get into the battery.

56 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I'm asking, because my serial no. starts with 124xxxx!

I thought - was corrected - that 124xx is wheather issue!

Let’s not forget the bearing issue too, this was pretty serious as mine was useless right out of the box. From what I understand mine wasn’t the only one.

• Upvote 1

Taking the wheel apart and taking your time at it will ensure you with confidence on the repair and you can get to know your machine more intimately.... :P 

I'm doing it myself so I can see what I can do about other issues and prepare for future tire changes.

I do most of my own automobile work so I think I can handle this wheel.

Sure hope there is a little bit of good will (discount) in the future with Inmotion for saving them a good amount of money in shipping fees and repair time.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Taking the wheel apart and taking your time at it will ensure you with confidence on the repair and you can get to know your machine more intimately.... :P 

I'm doing it myself so I can see what I can do about other issues and prepare for future tire changes.

I do most of my own automobile work so I think I can handle this wheel.

Sure hope there is a little bit of good will (discount) in the future with Inmotion for saving them a good amount of money in shipping fees and repair time.

Please share some pictures (of boards and battery) and first digits of s/n. If 125xxxxx, will be curious to see if battery was already in an enclosure as advertized vs 124xxxxxx. Thanks

Edited by Fastmike

15 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Please share some pictures (of boards and battery) and first digits of s/n. If 125xxxxx, will be curious to see if battery was already in an enclosure as advertized vs 124xxxxxx. Thanks

I don't believe it has been advertised that all batches after the first one will have that enclosure for what it's worth. The batches that will be sold by Inmotion USA / ewheels from now on should have them, but for earlier batches I have the impression that they just made the seal stronger.  But who knows, I'd also like to see some pics or info confirming this one way or another.

42 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Mine is a 124xxxxxx. I received it from InmotionUSA at the end of May. The bearing issue affected some of those early units that used the batch of bearings from one of their suppliers. Mine doesn't exhibit the bearing problem so I assume my bearings were not from that bad batch of bearings.

I plan on going further in weatherproofing than instructed. I will likely add the silicone to the edge of the 2 halves before putting them together as well as to the surface as described. Silicone doesn't always stick to plastics so taking it apart in the future shouldn't be a big problem and splitting the shells would only be needed in changing the battery which by that time, it would  be time for a new wheel. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nils said:

I don't believe it has been advertised that all batches after the first one will have that enclosure for what it's worth. The batches that will be sold by Inmotion USA / ewheels from now on should have them, but for earlier batches I have the impression that they just made the seal stronger.  But who knows, I'd also like to see some pics or info confirming this one way or another.

I spoke with a reseller yesterday who claimed all the v10's and v10f's he had in stock already had the battery enclosures.

I was still a bit sceptical. Especially with the news that the august delivery is pushed back...

In the meantime inmotion France went into a bit more detail on the water issues:

They waited for the second batch before stocking. Their first order was 190 v10f wheels. Something went wrong at inmotion and 20 of the 190 wheels they've sent inmotion France were actually from the first batch.

Those are the wheels that are being recalled.

Edited by Animation-Imp
Autocorrect error... Sigh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

20180616_182708

When you adding the original double shipping box the weight goes to to 55 lbs.

42389503430_3b8835e50c_b.jpg

The original shipping label was also 55 lbs.

30330195068_58acf703ff_b.jpg

interestingly the new Inmotion generated UPS label states 46 lbs. I have a feeling they will owe UPS some additional shipping fees. 

43291518295_b7c790b50a_b.jpg

Regarding the bearing noise it has appeared a few times when riding my V10F so I’m going to kindly ask @Jeffrey Scott Will to replace them as well. I don't want to go through these problems again.

Edited by Rehab1

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

s the overheat issue solved for u?

what about the bearing issue? 

are these other things gonna be fixed a the workshop?

i have no experience with their service dept it sounds like u do and i hope u are correct.

My Overload issue is your Overload issue, and No it is not fixed. We are getting the fix for the water proofing at this time, and I am sure with more prodding and fewer good reviews, they will be compelled to do so. One step at a time please. And from the teardown instructions, it looks like replacing the control board will be much easier.

As far as the bearings, I have heard nothing of such a problem. Bearing go bad at a rate of 1 in a 1000, so its possible. I had no idea that brushless motors had bearings in the axle. I have seen the video from demargon complaining about the mobility of the scooters gyros, but I really thought that was more due to the grip of the tyre with such low air pressure. I found that doing a 180° quick turn is waaaaaaaay easier on the V10F than any of my other InMotions, V5 or V8, so I found his Video to be completely subjective with regards to skill and ability.

These service guys are doing No soldering, no circuit building, and no programming. They are doing pull and replace type of work with instructions directly from the InMotion source and supervision too. It really is nothing to worry about. The Logistics is probably the most complicated part of the Service. We all hate, worry, and complain about being separated from our babies, especially when its not our fault. I understand that feeling, but its a bit unfair to take it out on these technicians who are not the party responsible for the reason for the service either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My V10f is being shipped out today. I thought about performing the procedure myself but I’m tried of ripping into wheels. I trust Inmotion and they will have the repair technique down to a science by the time mine arrives.

For those who throw their EUC boxes away this is a good reason to rethink that process. 

Funny, I'm getting tired of ripping into my wheels too - just hoping that they work and I don't have to rebuild another one.

Keeping boxes: try keeping 10 EUC boxes - the wife finally had something to say about this :unsure:  I don't keep boxes anymore.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, US69 said:

So that seams to set in a after a certain number of wheels….. :rolleyes:

My Monster is since yesterday at 1radwerkstatt...for changing the typical defect shims! I really had no desire to dismantle the complete Shell again :wacko:

When it's coming back in Exchange my 18S will go to 3100km maintenance/Service...including tire Change, board and battery check and so on.

One year before i would have done that all on myself!

Exactly!

Unfortunately there's still no practical place to have my wheels repaired so I'm stuck doing it myself.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2018 at 6:28 AM, Rehab1 said:

My V10f is being shipped out today. I thought about performing the procedure myself but I’m tried of ripping into wheels. I trust Inmotion and they will have the repair technique down to a science by the time mine arrives.

For those who throw their EUC boxes away this is a good reason to rethink that process. 

@Rehab1Whose your seller? I have to wait 3 months from now for my August shipment from InMotion! Any one know if eWheels shipments are delayed as well?

What doesn't make sense to me is that "only the earliest batches" have water proofing issues (according to other vendors, not InMotion USA though), but then the very latest batch is also being held back for repairs even though they supposedly already have the poly carbonate casing on them. If you got it from ewheels or another vendor besides InMotion USA, I wonder if InMotion USA is taking extra time to simply seal the wheel, where the other vendors are leaving it be with the upgraded casing that the new batches come with?

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dropping my wheel off at Inmotion in SD tomorrow. I tore it apart to replace the motor because of the bearing issue, but I'd rather not do that again if I don't have to. @Jeffrey Scott Will is always good to work with and gave me the go ahead to just drop it off at their offices.

I'm curious to see how long they'll need it for.

Edited by TechShizzle
Spelling
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Glitched said:

@Rehab1Whose your seller? I have to wait 3 months from now for my August shipment from InMotion! Any one know if eWheels shipments are delayed as well?

Ewheels.

Jason started shipping the Zs to customers that were first in line and agreed to pay extra for the expedited air shipment from China. 

The first shipments began yesterday. If a customer didn't respond to his email offer within 48 hours then the second rung of customers have the same purchase option. I believe this method will continue until all 50 units are sold. 

Edited by Rehab1

1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I'm in Canada.... There is no place here. I had to import my V10F from the USA and pay taxes doing so.

In germany the same. No V10 F up to now. Perhaps in September - who knows!

So I imported it from Spain! And there it is going to in a couple of days.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ewheels.

Jason started shipping the Zs to those fcustomers that were first in line and agreed to pay extra for the expedited air shipment from China. 

The first shipments began yesterday. If a customer didn't respond to his email offer within 48 hours then the second rung of customers have the same purchase option. I believe this method will continue until all 50 units are sold. 

Ah, that makes more sense. I originally quoted you saying you got notification of a v10f shipping.

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Keeping boxes: try keeping 10 EUC boxes - the wife finally had something to say about this :unsure:  I don't keep boxes anymore.

i don’t either, but i remember thinking, i’d better save this inmotion box, because i might have to send it back.

plus, this is my first bought legit dealer wheel.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

believe this method will continue until all 50 units are sold. 

only 50? i do feel special now.

i’m gonna get mine and ride it in front of euc riders that didn’t get one, oh wait.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

What worries me about doing the repair myself is, what if something happens later on to the wheel. Will they tell me that it’s my fault because I didn’t do the repairs correctly and not honor the warranty? I would rather that be on inmotion than me.

Its funny that i bought the v10f because it was supposed to be more reliable than other wheels. I had the bad motor on my first v10f and now this on the second.  I’m not so sure about reliability now. Oddly enough the wheel that I kind of expected to have issues has had none. That wheel being the Msx. I’ve ridden it now more than both of the v10f’s combined . I can’t say enough about it , I love it! 

Ever since this waterproofing thing came about with the v10f, I’m worried every time a sprinkler comes on near it ?

I should note that I have never had the overload problem with either of mine, and I’ve ridden in some pretty steep terrain, my riding weight is 190lb.

• Like 2