New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

When I first got my v10f the app read 28 wh consumption, this was before they started messing with the firmware. At 28 wh I would get 34 mile range, I still get the same range but the wh now reads 16. I think the app is lying and whatever inmotion did to the firmware f@&$ed it up. I don’t recall hearing about any issues early on.

The app calculates all time average consumption simply using total km and total consumption. At the beginning this might not be accurate and after firmware update the app resets total consumption but leaves total km as is. So after firmware update that is not accurate anymore. They should fix that by starting the calculations over. 

But the consumption per ride should still be good and all time average should be good if the firmware has not been updated and it has enough data. 

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yah! My modified V10F arrived from Inmotion a few minutes ago! :clap3: Looking at the enclosed placard it looks like they went to extremes to waterproof this baby. ;)

44638125821_0f252aa0d0_b.jpg

Just glad it’s back home and was cared for by a group of trained professionals. Such a quick turn around time! Thanks Inmotion USA! 

so it looks like a good job to you? 

mine gets here this afternoon.

13 minutes ago, novazeus said:

so it looks like a good job to you? 

mine gets here this afternoon.

I just pulled off the plastic and took a quick view and it looks exactly like it did before I shipped it out. No scratches, dings and my modified pedals are still there. :) 

42828601370_89a8f0f570_b.jpg

You will also receive a nice little thank you note and what appears to be a business card holder.  They may send you a gun holster instead. 

43919920754_cfbb1b30c2_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yah! My modified V10F arrived from Inmotion a few minutes ago! :clap3: Looking at the enclosed placard it looks like they went to extremes to waterproof this baby. ;)

Submerge in 10 feet of water? I wouldn't try it. For example, what about the motor axle? But good to know this updated version of the V10(F) should now be rain- and weatherproof beyond all doubt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zeno74 said:

Well I must say that this is quite a good point ;-)

I thought that in order to work without "power gyros" the acceleration ramps of the wheel should have been much higher, on the fairs of robots there are several demos of robots keeping balance and they are really much quicker in the accelerations than our wheels...but probably with our wheel this is just ok!

Can any of you then explain me why both my V8 and V10 when they receive a shock (the V8 riding over a hole on the street and the V10 walking it down the stairs) start shaking like hell?

With the V8 I also fell...I thought it was something related to the gyros loosing the angular momentum but I wouldn't know now...

Electric motors are amazingly strong. Every time I see these tiny diameter motor on electric skateboards that can pull a 100kg guy up a hill, it's unbelievable. If you're ever unlucky enough to short your motor wires together, it's incredible how hard the tire is to turn even with barely any power being generated from the movement.

--

What do you mean by shaking?

There is a rare oscillation issue with the V8 that can happen, presumedly from how the wheel deals with the not-too-strong battery. But with a V10 and the big battery, this definitely shouldn't be the case. Hoping it's not that.

43 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just pulled off the plastic and took a quick view and it looks exactly like it did before I shipped it out. No scratches, dings and my modified pedals are still there. :) 

42828601370_89a8f0f570_b.jpg

You will also receive a nice little thank you note and what appears to be a business card holder.  They may send you a gun holster instead. 

43919920754_cfbb1b30c2_b.jpg

cool beans. 

seriously, i hope i can hose off the wheel. guess i can if i can dunk it in water.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Submerge in 10 feet of water? I wouldn't try it. For example, what about the motor axle? But good to know this updated version of the V10(F) should now be rain- and weatherproof beyond all doubt.

Only a joke Meep. :facepalm:

Attention all V10F owners! You cannot safely submerge your wheel in 10 feet of water !

Now I feel better. :)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Attention all V10F owners! You cannot safely submerge your wheel in 10 feet of water !

Hmmmm. Maybe I was hoping this would be true. Watertight EUCs that work underwater is something I always thought desirable (think river crossings). Well, you got me (in hindsight, apparently that isn't very hard to do:efeebb3acc:). This is what I get for not making a comment regarding you and submerged vehicles!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hmmmm. Maybe I was hoping this would be true. Watertight EUCs that work underwater is something I always thought desirable (think river crossings). Well, you got me (in hindsight, apparently that isn't very hard to do:efeebb3acc:). This is what I get for not making a comment regarding you and submerged vehicles!

River crossings would be fun....RAM truck drownings not so much. That did sting a bit. ;)

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

:facepalm:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wo cares about trucks? The poor KingSong!:efee8319ab:

Like the affluent guy that crashed his BMW and lost his left arm screaming “ Where’s my Rolex”! 

35 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

HaHa....I just needed to make sure nobody took me seriously. 

have u tried to connect to ur wheel? mines all f**ked up now. 

tried android and apple, finally got it to connect. shows two serial numbers. pick mine and the wheel shows 250 miles and mine realistically maybe had 40 on it when i sent it in.

i don’t have time for this shit. pisses me off because it was working fine when i sent it in. i sent inmotion an email.

2018-09-12_02-35-44

Edited by novazeus

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

have u tried to connect to ur wheel? mines all f**ked up now. 

I have not. Seeing patients right now but will try it shortly. 

44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I have not. Seeing patients right now but will try it shortly. 

i know u are a risk taker but i wouldn’t ride it until u are sure it’s not all f**ked up like mine. 

i’m waiting to hear from inmotion before i do anything else.

no gun holster either.

and totally ignored my complaint about their stupid valve stem with a shoulder at the base of the threads.

i’m patient sorta being a contractor by trade but when u inconvenience ur customer by them having to send their wheel in and u don’t totally make sure it’s correct before shipping it back, is inexcusable.

on android it automatically goes to 14 mph.

me, i would fire who ever was responsible but that’s just me. such a poor reflection on a company. aargh!

another screenshot, same android, less miles.

Screenshot_20180912-145221_InMotion

Edited by novazeus

11 hours ago, Zeno74 said:

Can any of you then explain me why both my V8 and V10 when they receive a shock (the V8 riding over a hole on the street and the V10 walking it down the stairs) start shaking like hell?

Check that the screws holding the mainboard are tight. If they're loose, the mainboard can shake around when the wheel takes a hit, and since the IMU is connected to the mainboard, it will shake with it, causing the wheel trying to reach balance by accelerating and decelerating back and forth as the mainboard is moving.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i know u are a risk taker but i wouldn’t ride it until u are sure it’s not all f**ked up like mine. 

Not anymore.

My app is fine so far and the mileage is correct given they test rode it. Try rebooting your app. Does it contain the same features as my app?

29705069027_324f698ce4_b.jpg

42833447300_50286d706e_b.jpg

29705068397_9876e0876c_b.jpg

44643394431_9546d2eeb7_b.jpg

Edit: The new app should have 4 screens. Your app only shows 3. Plus the spelling and some of the graphics look different.

Edited by Rehab1

1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I'm still waiting for notification that my DIY kit is sent... :( 

I really don't need tools. I just need the battery case and the silicone caulking.....

And maybe the double sided tape for the pads.....

How about a bigger heat sink or cooling method!

Please document or take a video/photos when you perform the mod. 

• Upvote 1

OMG... transitioning from the Z10 back to the V10F was a weird but pleasant experience. I forgot just how nimble and quick the V10F is! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1