New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

35 minutes ago, novazeus said:

so as a gesture of goodwill my suggestion to inmotion is, give ur customers a free cover

eWheels did give their Customers a free cover. They gave me one. That valve stem extension is like gold to the customer. It costs them nuttin, or very very little in bulk, but it is priceless to us in the field, pun intended, and it looks good too. I got one with an IPS and its all shiny and brass looking.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

eWheels did give their Customers a free cover. They gave me one. That valve stem extension is like gold to the customer. It costs them nuttin, or very very little in bulk, but it is priceless to us in the field, pun intended, and it looks good too. I got one with an IPS and its all shiny and brass looking.

yeah but the stupid shoulder on the valve stem won’t let u screw any extension on far enough to engage the valve needle. aargh!!!

5 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Ridiculous for such a wheel. On a V5F - half the price - it can be done with no problem. I didn't expect such a scrap on the V10F.....

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

yeah but the stupid shoulder on the valve stem won’t let u screw any extension on far enough to engage the valve needle. aargh!!!

I’m using an extension all the time without problems. But I do agree that one should come in the box. 

9 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I’m using an extension all the time without problems. But I do agree that one should come in the box. 

Well - my extensions from my mountainbikes didn't work on the V10 :furious: 

Constructing such a valve, can only be done by engineers, never tried to get the air pump on to the valve!!

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER

5 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - my extensions from my mountainbikes didn't work on the V10 :furious: 

Constructing such a valve, can only be done by engineers, never tried to get air in the tire!!

Here is the valve and the shoulder. I bought the cheapest extension from Ali and it works great. 

To be fair, InMotion engineers don’t design the valve, that comes with the inner tube. But they could source a better designed inner tube or include a fitting extension.  

1ACDEF40-993D-4653-8742-DB30B24317DA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/18/2018 at 5:06 AM, Harold Farrenkopf said:

You don’t have to yell it!  

Sure he does, not all of us have quiet wheels. :w00t2:We like LOUD sound and nioses.

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, Stan Onymous said:

Actually a better designed board like the one they were going to roll out for the wheel would solve all of the Overload issues without sacrificing features or space. It wasnt ready for the summer roll out, so they went ahead without it. I have a mole. Well a couple actually.

They have a totally different control board for the V10, but it would not have been ready til the end of Summer, so they went with this control board design even though there WERE problems on the drawing board and the tests. To be kind, the faults with the board and the CPU vs Control board temps and their hiding of that temperature reading in an app that reads everything else, does seem to point to an urge to deal with the problem. The problem was however swept under the heat sink, so its still there. We shall see if they honor themselves with respect to their reputation as a safer better build quality machine.

Segway has eaten their Lunch in this respect. They even redesigned their control boards and other features before final release. Has it hurt their numbers? We shall see, but it certainly doesnt seem so from reading this forum. It actually has made the early adopters of the other vehicles look a little foolish, as we struggle with the companies to get the vehicles completed for a safe fault free ride.

Hopefully InMotion will also own up to this design flaw by the end of summer too. And they should, since the V10F has the potential to be the best Wheel of 2018. Right now it is in the cellar.

Sorry to ask but is the source about that control board reliable? It might be very interesting to get confirmation the wheel was released to public with a 'beta' control board, that I agree with you, might explain a lot of the problems people are facing around overheating and maybe others...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

lcharging the batteries and checking the air pressure is about the only maintenance we do. these bicycle tires are notorious about leaking air naturally. doesn’t take much to go from 40 psi to 30 psi.

Looks like, they wanted to make is as bad as the other vendors.......

I just use a flat pencil to pry the elbow away from the tube, then shove the air compressor nozzle onto the end. The elbow gets squeezed up against or away from the tire depending on which way you twist the nozzle while inflating. This is a little more difficult with a hand pump and I have used a pen while out on the paths to pry it away from the rim for a hand pump too.

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I just use a flat pencil to pry the elbow away from the tube, then shove the air compressor nozzle onto the end. The elbow gets squeezed up against or away from the tire depending on which way you twist the nozzle while inflating. This is a little more difficult with a hand pump and I have used a pen while out on the paths to pry it away from the rim for a hand pump too.

if u have a pump with a slim headed valve stem adapter that isn’t threaded.

yeah, they all are a pita because of the hook in the stem necessary for this application, but a shoulder on the base of the threads serves no purpose than the chinese making something aggravating for the rest of the world.

the germans are good at doing this too, but they have logical reasons why their shit is impossible to work on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Testing the v10f gyroscope fail, no matter how many times I re-calibrate it, the behavior in sharp turns is more like my cheap old euc than the v5f

I see what you mean now. Good demonstration. I have never even tried that kind of turn so I have not run into that. V5f seems to handle that kind of riding much better. @Bobwheel mentioned earlier that the InMotion engineers are not good riders. I wouldn’t be surprised if they never tried that kind of turn and missed this behaviour in their software. Maybe they lost that one individual who was a good rider and did the V5 (just speculating). 

I have done a very sharp turns many times without this issue, but not just that kind of turn at spot. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Testing the v10f gyroscope fail, no matter how many times I re-calibrate it, the behavior in sharp turns is more like my cheap old euc than the v5f

I find it easier to do the 180 on the V10 if the tire pressure is closer to 50psi. What was your V10F pressure?

That's exacctly what I was complaining always. I didn't do it that way. Just riding longer than 30 sec in a direction (carving) and than doing a circle turn. The V10 F always fails doing that. When strating directly after power on with circles, the V10F hasn't got this problem.

My V5F never. 

Thanks  for perfect demonstration. @Demargon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Demargon Thank you for the presentation.

With all these imperfections (waterproofing, fire hazard, overloading, gyro errors, bad batteries fixation) and no straightforward communication from Inmotion—suddenly—KS18L looks like a more viable option for a safety concerned individual :(. We do not even know whether they acknowledge our gripes with the product, we do not know what their plan is (apart from finally getting the shards of info on waterproofing from all over the world—russia, France, USA.)

Edited by eufp
Added bad batteries fixation to the list.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

I find it easier to do the 180 on the V10 if the tire pressure is closer to 50psi. What was your V10F pressure?

All of the euc from my last video was underinflated, 30psi or less. My preference is 40 to 45 but I let it go down this time.

10 minutes ago, eufp said:

KS18L looks like a more viable option for a safety concerned individual :(

Sure, I starting to think the v10f is a very low quality euc. You can add the bad batteries fixation to the list:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

V10 was definitely released too early. Especially the first batch seems to be just a beta version. I don’t know if second batch owners are complaining as much. My first batch wheel is still pretty much perfect but I’m starting to worry how well it holds. 

I still think this wheel has a potential to be one of the best once the issues are ironed out. But they will quite soon face some serious competition in the 16” gatecory if the rumours are true about a 2000w 16” KingSong.  18L hasn’t been without early issues, but already seems like a good choice. And the Z10 is already getting all the attention. 

I hope InMotion gets these issues fixed very soon and then start working on this beast: (I want to buy a new wheel next spring :w00t2:)

B21087CE-5DD3-4881-B4F8-9B69B2F069D4.png

Where is that from? That looks like a robocop wheel if I ever saw one (in a good sense :)) Yeah, I'm aiming to buy a new wheel next year as well, it well be interesting to see the coming roundup of wheels and what challenges and issues they have.. :P

29 minutes ago, Nils said:

Where is that from? That looks like a robocop wheel if I ever saw one (in a good sense :))

It's from this blog post: https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/insights-inmotion-v10

Everyone thinks they would strike gold if they go ahead with it. Z10 needs competitors. 

• Like 2

The inmotion prototype of the picture do not use hub engine. His engine is on the top of the wheel with that 4 shock absorber. That's good for lost weight because the engine is lighter but comes with new problems: needs a transmission between engine and wheel, adding weight, complexity, maintenance and noise.

I like the concept and the advantages of the new engine placement, added to the suspension for all the sensible components but keeping the pedals fixed to the wheel axle. That's looks comfortable enough to sit in (if you put some foam on top) and didn't affect too much to handling.

Maybe is impossible to make a good and affordable euc without hub engine. Or not?