WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mezzanine said:

When I try to download Wheellog on my crappy android devices, I get "can't parse the file" or something similar.  Any suggestions? 

Yes. Don't try to open it from the notification display, but from the (any) filemanager. And uninstall all prior versions first, in case you have one.

7 minutes ago, julio_map said:

I finally got WheelLog-Tizen in the Samsung Galaxy tizen store. If you've got a Samsung Gear Sx just search for WheelLog and you will be able to download and install it in your watch.

Thank you very much. I'm thinking about to buy a Tizen watch.

Quick question : I see garbage values for Distance, Wheel Distance, and User Distance. I don't really know what these should be, but I think the values are not correct. I tried to find a way to reset these values, but I can't find anything. 

Screenshot_20171020-094143.jpg

Edited by Christoph Zens

I think distance is GPS based distance travelled this session. Wheel distance is the same but as physically reported by wheel revolutions. User distance is a resettable persistent value that can span multiple sessions (say total ridden in a day of many shorter rides). Total distance is the total distance ridden on the wheel since new as recorded and stored in the wheel itself. 

I think that is how it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I think distance is GPS based distance travelled this session. Wheel distance is the same but as physically reported by wheel revolutions. User distance is a resettable persistent value that can span multiple sessions (say total ridden in a day of many shorter rides). Total distance is the total distance ridden on the wheel since new as recorded and stored in the wheel itself.  

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

Wheel Distance, you can use more than 1 Wheel so WheelLog add the km per wheel

User Distance, total km for the user even with several wheels

(You can reset the value in the config tab)

Thank you guys, that clears things up. What had me confused was the decimal point. My phone is set to German locale, so the dot means 1000 (grouping character) and a comma (,) is used as the decimal separator. Since apps normally adhere to the current locale when formatting numbers, even if their UI is English only, I was reading "4394km distance" which didn't make any sense. Actually, it means "4 point something" km, which makes sense for my ride from home to work.

However, I could not find a config tab in the latest version (installed from one of the most recent posts here in this thread). But I remember to have seen it in an older version.

I'm writing somes errors, see below:

Wheel Distance - distance from the moment the wheel was turned on (taken from wheel)
Distance - distance since APP was started and connected to wheel
User distance - can be reset only from menu

4 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Thank you guys, that clears things up. What had me confused was the decimal point. My phone is set to German locale, so the dot means 1000 (grouping character) and a comma (,) is used as the decimal separator. Since apps normally adhere to the current locale when formatting numbers, even if their UI is English only, I was reading "4394km distance" which didn't make any sense. Actually, it means "4 point something" km, which makes sense for my ride from home to work.

However, I could not find a config tab in the latest version (installed from one of the most recent posts here in this thread). But I remember to have seen it in an older version.

Put your finger on the left edge of the phone, and slide it to the right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stevedig said:

Wheellog is prompting me for an inmotion password when connecting to my KS18S. How do I convince it this is not an inmotion wheel?

If I leave the pwd blank and click ok I get no love.

Just click the OK button. It doesn't connect instantly to my KS14S, but usually within a handful of seconds. Sometime I need to try a few times.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, t0me said:

Just fyi.   The app (as downloaded from play store) does not connect to my Inmotion V8 (purchased late this year 2017).

Hi - the wheellog app in the play store is the very old original version from @JumpMaster - links to the new version maintained from @palachzzzcan be found here in this topic

• Like 1

"Is there perhaps a list of smart watches that work well with the app?    (I know almost nothing about smart watches -yet-   I have a Samsung Note 3)

Or recommendations (low to middle budget range I guess) available on Ebay or Aliexpress."

I went back and read the thread (duh!)    in case someone finds my post before they do the same,   its the Samsung Gear range (S, S2, SX, S3, S4, Sport) and Apple Pebble (?)

Edited by t0me
Clarification