WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

7 hours ago, palachzzz said:

@Hansolo, I fixed the problem with negative Total yesterday, it should work correctly in next release.

The problem observed for Gotway wheels with Total above 8388,607.. maybe you first))

Thank you for feedback.

Thank you, I had the same problem on my ACM V1 820Wh

6 hours ago, koto said:

Have you already experienced it ? At what temperature it may happen ? Here in France, there is a guy who complained about the lack of alarms. He said that his motherboard crashed since it's temperature was about 70 °C. He ran at 35 km/h for 8 km.

Yes. It's very difficult to get the ACM or MSuper to overheat, but they can. 79 degrees C is the temperature where Gotway wheels will beep and tilt-back, stopping you from running. Tilt-back is severe.

The Monster will overheat much easier, reminiscent to the older KingSong wheels.

I wonder what wheel he was riding where it died at 70? Perhaps an older wheel? I've certainly run my modern Gotway wheels above 70 degrees with no problems.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes. It's very difficult to get the ACM or MSuper to overheat, but they can. 79 degrees C is the temperature where Gotway wheels will beep and tilt-back, stopping you from running. Tilt-back is severe.

The Monster will overheat much easier, reminiscent to the older KingSong wheels.

I wonder what wheel he was riding where it died at 70? Perhaps an older wheel? I've certainly run my modern Gotway wheels above 70 degrees with no problems.

he was riding an ACM 1300Wh

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, koto said:

he was riding an ACM 1300Wh

Then I would venture his problems were caused by other problems than the direct heat. I ride my 1300wh ACM a lot in the hot mountains of California, where the control board temperatures can easily exceed 70 degrees.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, koto said:

Of course, but where can user find the correct value ? In wheel specs probably ... I think it's not easy to know the right value to put here

In my view, there is no "correct" value for an "amperage warning"...

The only Thing were a amp warning might help...is on Long steep hills...so that you are warned, that you stress the wheel a lot.

I dont see any other use-cases..on a hard acceleration, a amp warning might come to late, as it is just a short amperage peek.

And on driving fast, you normally are not using high amperage, what makes a wheel cutout on highspeed is the "back emf" versus voltage.

So to set a correct amperage "warning" for hills is mostly wheel and own test and experience related....

• Upvote 1

Thank you @palachzzz for all of your work! Fabulous work to continue development on this must-have app for wheelers on Android.

Question, is it possible to support 84v Gotway wheels with accurate voltage readout? My Inmotion V8 accurately displays its voltage, but my two 84v Gotway wheels show a max of 67v when fully charged.

Great work again, much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, who_the said:

Thank you @palachzzz for all of your work! Fabulous work to continue development on this must-have app for wheelers on Android.

Question, is it possible to support 84v Gotway wheels with accurate voltage readout? My Inmotion V8 accurately displays its voltage, but my two 84v Gotway wheels show a max of 67v when fully charged.

Great work again, much appreciated!

The battery percentage is correct through. I'm curious, how do you use the voltage measurement?

1 hour ago, who_the said:

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The battery percentage is correct through. I'm curious, how do you use the voltage measurement?

One would have to "just" multiply the battery voltage by the right factor - the 84V gw's just report if they had a 67V battery. I assume the battery voltage/wheel type is decoded somehow in the serial number/bluetooth name/or whatever?

@Marty Backesince you have quite some gw wheels - can you identify any pattern?

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Chriull said:

One would have to "just" multiply the battery voltage by the right factor - the 84V gw's just report if they had a 67V battery. I assume the battery voltage/wheel type is decoded somehow in the serial number/bluetooth name/or whatever?

@Marty Backesince you have quite some gw wheels - can you identify any pattern?

No. I never look at the voltages or currents. But WheelLog reports the correct battery percentages on my 67v and 84 wheels (KingSong & Gotway). I've also assumed that the wheels send the battery percentage in addition to voltage and current.

14 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Guys, I have only one question for now: 
- Does all wheel settings work correctly with KingSong?

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

-Added Gotway calibration
-Fixed negative Total with Gotway (above 8388 km) 
-Fixed App crash on second tab when wheel not connected
-Added temperature alarm 
-Some minor changes

WheelLog_12092017.apk

Wow man, thats better than the KS app.

All settings work on my KS16B, also the stroboscope Mode!  

Just one small bug: light on turns the lights off and vice versa, but Auto is correct.

I didn't dare to try the 35 km/h tiltback setting on the KS16B  now in the night, just in case I need a doctor after that.:lol:

But I'll tell you tomorrow.

Edited by HermanTheGerman
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, palachzzz said:

-Added Gotway calibration
-Fixed negative Total with Gotway (above 8388 km) 
-Fixed App crash on second tab when wheel not connected
-Added temperature alarm 
-Some minor changes

WheelLog_12092017.apk

This is great! Thanks for all your hard work, your so makes the enjoyment of my wheel much higher.

For some reason when I download this file on my phone my phone can't open it, the one you posted yesterday works fine though.

42 minutes ago, applecran said:

For some reason when I download this file on my phone my phone can't open it, the one you posted yesterday works fine though.

Open it out from the file Explorer,  not from the download message, then it works.

Also uninstall the prior Version manually  first. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, my new love. This thing works brilliantly. I finally have an app that actually shows my Gotway wheel settings. And I can change them too! Guess I can throw away my Gotway app now :D

I only tried it on my MSuper and Mten3, but based on that I'm sure all the wheels are covered.

Bravo :thumbup: :cheers:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

All settings work on my KS16B, also the stroboscope Mode!  

Just one small bug: light on turns the lights off and vice versa, but Auto is correct.

I didn't dare to try the 35 km/h tiltback setting on the KS16B  now in the night, just in case I need a doctor after that.:lol:

But I'll tell you tomorrow.

That was creepy.

The tiltback setting to 35 km/h on my KS16B also seems to work (see screenshot below), though it is not officially supported. It could be set even higher, but after this experience I'll avoid that. :)

Reason is, that when the tiltback kicks in at this higher speed, it is not smooth anymore, but quite sudden and violent, so I already feared to fall off the wheel, but it was o.k. at the end.  It looks like it is builtin in the firmware to become more violent the closer it is to the wheel limit.

Screenshot_2017-09-13-07-49-50.jpg.27a0dcbf15181569ed7f3d989cb3d286.jpg

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

That was creepy.

The tiltback setting to 35 km/h on my KS16B also seems to work (see screenshot below), though it is not officially supported. It could be set even higher, but after this experience I'll avoid that. :)

Reason is, that when the tiltback kicks in at this higher speed, it is not smooth anymore, but quite sudden and violent, so I already feared to fall off the wheel, but it was o.k. at the end.  It looks like it is builtin in the firmware to become more violent the closer it is to the wheel limit.

@palachzzz and the developer of Darkness Bot work together...perhaps the higher Speed for Kingsongs(up to 45kmh) is allready implemented in Wheellog now, also?

20 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@palachzzz and the developer of Darkness Bot work together...perhaps the higher Speed for Kingsongs(up to 45kmh) is allready implemented in Wheellog now, also?

Wow - tiltback at 45 km/h can also be set for the KS16B? Imho that would lead more or less to a disabling of the tiltback - even with full batteries this speed could only be reached with very low load ( maybe just on a slight decline? ) as it is very near to the lift cut-off speed...

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes, it looks like that. I didn't check what the upper limit of the tiltback setting is, but it is definitely above 40.  Also the stroboscope light is something which does not exist on the standard KS apps (old and new), at least as far as I know.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, my new love. This thing works brilliantly. I finally have an app that actually shows my Gotway wheel settings. And I can change them too! Guess I can throw away my Gotway app now :D

Unfortunately, the application does not show the actual parameters of Gotway, because Gotway does not allow to get it. The App saves your last settings, and If you do not use other applications - then it should always to be relevant, otherwise - no.

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes, up to 50 in menu, but will it applyed or not - depends on controller's limitations. 

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

as it is very near to the lift cut-off speed...

Yes, please use it on your own risk!

Edited by palachzzz
  • Upvote 3