Hi Jerome! Thanks for the suggestion! I live in a very cold State so the freezing cold weather will be coming in couple months. I thought about buying from eWheels but I will probably have to wait longer. The Chinese seller will ship out the wheel right away so I may still be able to ride it for a few weeks before shutting it down.

I haven't made a decision yet, but just want to know if the Chinese version wheel will work here. If it won't, then the decision is easy since I will have to go with a US seller. 

I contacted US Segway yesterday and their reply was that there aren't any plans to offer the Z10 to the US. Sad. 

10 minutes ago, jas3 said:

I got my first EUC from Jason at eWheels week ago today.  It's a KS16S, and I've got 50+ miles on it already.  Jason did a great job communicating on when the EUC would arrive, getting me tracking detail, sending safety and other detail in advance of arrival, and replying to my support email (which was effusive praise on the product).  Count me as another satisfied eWheels customer. 

I have been a big advocate of Jason and EWheels and the way he does business... here is just an example and the main reason I will only use him for anything I need unless it just is not possible... I was looking for some help in shipping out my 16S I just sold, I know it is a pain in the ass shipping these sometimes because of the batteries... not only did he help me with FedEx... but he did it this past Sunday morning at 4:56am (that was the time stamp on my email)... now that is commitment!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just sharing my trip along the beach pavement in Sentosa, Singapore... Sorry no bikinis lol :roflmao:

The Z10 is a beast... totally eats up all types of terrain. I'm just standing very relaxed like on it. Was going slow along this stretch cos of the tendency for humans to appear suddenly...

Edited by justanut
  • Like 3

On 9/5/2018 at 6:26 PM, Toshio Uemura said:

One more thing that I find important and different with the Z:

Most of us have a main foot/leg either left or right, which is glued to the wheel and already on the pedal when you start riding. With the Z it is extremely helpful to train your other leg the same way. So there is no leg preference anymore. This is important for the turning technique explained above. It helps shifting your center of mass from one side to the other and allowing both feet to move freely on the pedals as needed instead of having one foot glued to the wheel at all times.

Do not ride the Z but absolutely 100% agree and I am pretty certain this goes for all wheels since it's not about the wheel in question (even though different) but rather our own preferences, same as with the hands just here applied to the foot. I trained to use both my hands in my profession some time ago and I really am glad I did and have so much use for that now. Then again I have always been somewhat of a bit of a 2 handed to begin with and always felt comfortable doing a lot of things using any hand, some exceptions do exist though, like writing for example. I can do it it with both (and I do not mean physically do it we all can how pretty it is however...?) Just one of those things very hard to ta make it feel comfortable using both due to not just fine motor skills but coordination in general and in the brain but etc, like doing certain movements with 1 hand and circles with the other at the same time, good coordination training.

All kind of training using both is good stuff imho, agree with your points

23 hours ago, Rotciv said:

That’s a very interesting observation that I need to try. I always mount and dismount with my right foot. Tried my left foot with other wheels but never felt comfortable. 

I’ll try mounting the One Z using my non-dominant foot and see how it feels. 

We are all different sure, but no matter how uncomfy it feels first few times I am positively surprised how fast I learned this once starting to do it, just makes every start/stop so much simpler and every time I put a foot down there is no need to shift before taking off again and this is making my city riding much simpler.

Been trying to stand still while on the EUC for some time now, or at least just smoothly back and forward keeping the balance but this does not come as natural for me, make this one stick though and I feel a new world will unlock itself on the EUC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

but rather our own preferences, same as with the hands just here applied to the foot. I trained to use both my hands in my profession some time ago and I really am glad I did and have so much use for that now. Then again I have always been somewhat of a bit of a 2 handed to begin with and always felt comfortable doing a lot of things using any hand, some exceptions do exist though, like writing for example. I can do it it with both (and I do not mean physically do it we all can how pretty it is however...?) Just one of those things very hard to ta make it feel comfortable using both due to not just fine motor skills but coordination in general and in the brain 

That is exactly, what I mean. I am not left handed, but I startet in early youth to train both of my hands. I started by using the left hand for brushing my teeth every morning then using chopsticks ? with my left hand. At first that feels really strange, but if you stick to it, it has many benefits. Mostly the training of both brain hemispheres is of great benefit in my  life and for self-empowerment. In Japan we have many left handed people and it is not suppressed in early childhood like in many western cultures. And of course you are right: this skill is not only beneficial for the Z but for all EUCs. For 100% mastering the Z, I find it a necessity for the other wheels it’s a virtue.

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

We are all different sure, but no matter how uncomfy it feels first few times I am positively surprised how fast I learned this once starting to do it, just makes every start/stop so much simpler and every time I put a foot down there is no need to shift before taking off again and this is making my city riding much simpler.

Been trying to stand still while on the EUC for some time now, or at least just smoothly back and forward keeping the balance but this does not come as natural for me, make this one stick though and I feel a new world will unlock itself on the EUC.

This is a really important thing to practice not only to get 100% fine control of your EUC, but just for the sake of training your brain, which for me is an important aspect of this hobby. The same goes for switching between different unicycles. I am still having problems getting back to my Tesla after long hours on the Z. And I am almost convinced that we will generally see less accidents and falls with the Z in comparison to EUCs with smaller tires. The Z to me feels just so much safer and stable at any speed. But it may be a bit early to draw such conclusions and here again: time will tell.

I would love to see an accident/falls statistic on this forum with data like rider level, EUC model, speed, cause of fall/accident and other data. I might give hints to manufacturers to further improve the safety of our beloved e-horses. Since we are all kind of test riders, lab ? rats (or as most might prefer: pioneers of a future means of individual mass transportation) we might as well collect such data for them. ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

me too.

no offense to anyone, but if u are at an age or stage of life where u enjoy risk taking and speed, that’s perfectly ok. 

for me, i’m just trying to putter around my ranch with my dog. 

i would just like to see the actual stats on wheels that cut off because they are defective not because it was rider induced. 

since i’ve been a member of this forum, i haven’t really seen many cases of any wheels just cutting off because of build quality. to be honest, the way that people abuse these wheels, i’m surprised more mechanical induced cutoffs aren’t prevalent. 

right or wrong, this is the way i look at wheels. i think if u buy a quality wheel, pay attention to the forums, listen to ur wheel, start slowly, ride in the 10-15 mph range, keep ur batteries charged, ride on flat terrain that u know, u probably won’t have a cut off. at least that’s what i’m hoping.

most accidents i’ve seen on this forum that required medical attention were caused by rider error. 

mechanical cut offs not caused by the rider is my only concern.

One purpose of this forum is education by gathering information to collectively reduce safety risks both of human behavior and machine. So any statistics as proposed above should be in everybody’s interest. Our combined knowledge is our most valuable asset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

right or wrong, this is the way i look at wheels. i think if u buy a quality wheel, pay attention to the forums, listen to ur wheel, start slowly, ride in the 10-15 mph range, keep ur batteries charged, ride on flat terrain that u know, u probably won’t have a cut off. at least that’s what i’m hoping.

Have you ever had a chance to ride a Z10? I am sure you will love it for your purposes. Please try it if you have such chance. It feels very safe and stable on any ground at any speed once you get used to the different physics and riding style. 

• Like 1

Just now, Toshio Uemura said:

Have you ever had a chance to ride a Z10? I am sure you will love it for your purposes. Please try it if you have such chance. It feels very safe and stable on any ground at any speed once you get used to the different physics and riding style. 

yeah it’s in my sig as “zed”.

just from my years on earth examining products for houses i built, i do feel safer on a ninebot wheel just based upon what i call attention to detail. 

i haven’t taken the z10 into the pastures yet but i do think it will be the clear winner. 

like i said in another post, i think the stiffness of the tire and it’s profile makes for a tiny contact patch with pavement. i would imagine my 200 pounds on my other wheels, which way overloads the tires, makes a bigger contact patch. 

i don’t do tricks but i think spinning the wheel like a top is much easier on a z10. 

i swear it feels like i’m using my toes to steer it. it’s a steering wheel to me as opposed to a leaning wheel to turn.

• Like 3

seems WheelLog app it doesn't aviable trought Rebble anymore, yesterday I bought a pebble watch second hand, and tried install the app on my pebble watch, but when I searched WheelLog in pebble store throught Rebble it wasn't there :crying:

21 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

seems WheelLog app it doesn't aviable trought Rebble anymore, yesterday I bought a pebble watch second hand, and tried install the app on my pebble watch, but when I searched WheelLog in pebble store throught Rebble it wasn't there :crying:

use this website http://rebble.io/ go through the process and it should work.... when I bought my new watch, the WheelLog app showed up at the bottom of the app list but was unable to "highlight" it to connect... after doing whatever I did with the above app, it was able to be highlighted and all is good now... I know others recently were able to get the same results as me... Good Luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

50 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

use this website http://rebble.io/ go through the process and it should work.... when I bought my new watch, the WheelLog app showed up at the bottom of the app list but was unable to "highlight" it to connect... after doing whatever I did with the above app, it was able to be highlighted and all is good now... I know others recently were able to get the same results as me... Good Luck

Yes - seems to be on rebble.io - found it: https://apps.rebble.io/de_DE/search/watchapps/1?query=wheellog

xtxaKWW.png

why I can't found? it could be because the model of watch pebble?

or because I have not a Linked pebble account?

I'd assume because you have no account - on the rebble.io page one can open an account... Maybe that's it - but i do not have any experience with pebble/rebble...

20 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I would love to see an accident/falls statistic on this forum with data like rider level, EUC model, speed, cause of fall/accident and other data. I might give hints to manufacturers to further improve the safety of our beloved e-horses

Would forward facing pot hole detection sensors be asking to much? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Maybe a stupid question, but are you on iOS?