28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Really? Very interesting.

When riding at top speed, who is going to be staring down at their wheel looking for an icon? Strange that they would spend money installing that 'feature'.

Might be an alibi function: “You had been warned!”

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

;- )    but maybe it is flashing bright when You limit Your speed to 7km/h! and go pass over this limit...  then would be "very important icon" (joke)

Maybe it's for the bat signal? I recalled Ninebot advertised the Z10 as the next batmobile... 

On 9/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, cloudy_jai said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post.  I have been following this forum for quite some time. I appreciate all the information, videos, and advices on this site. I am definitely a newbie and finally picked up my first wheel and learned how to ride a month ago. Now that my teen kid also learned to ride, I am looking to buy another EUC. I have an opportunity to buy a Z10 from China. The Z10 is a Chinese version so things are all written in Chinese. Will I have any issue using it since I live in US?

Not sure if it's too early to ride a wheel like this, but I guess learning is also part of the fun riding EUC! :lol:

Don't worry, i learnt on a gotway tesla. From what I understand the z is even more stable but requires a slightly different technique for turning but if you start with it, you don't have anything to compare with so i guess it will be the "natural way" for you. Juat hypothezizing though as i ride the tesla and never tried a Z (though im intrigued to order next year if they amp up the power a bit) :-) I mean its an 18" wheel and should be faster than a 16" IMO

Edited by Boogieman

7 hours ago, Lukasz said:

For those who are interested... and I am sure there will be a few people interested - please go ahead and print yourself the accidental switch-off protector for Z10 which I have designed.... (tested in real life, I use it myself)  It has 3 purposes: 

1. prevents accidental switch off - You have to press in specific point to switch the wheel ON and OFF
  2. It decreases the problem with front lamp of Z10 being switch off by any incoming car lights
  3. It works as the protector of the display against scratches.   

Print on any 3d printer from PLA or ABS, with thin layer like 0,05 mm.  It takes just 5-7 minutes to print, then take double sided tape, stick it to the printout, cut holes with sharp knife and stick to Z10! DONE!

Please press "Like" button in return... ;-)

IMG-20180911-WA0003.jpg

Z10 switch protector.stl

Wow, thats so much prettier than my "tesla connector & light" protector that i made out of several lines of self adhesive foam :-) but it has stayed on during this summers crashes at least :-)

15368812599964449735606521419211.thumb.jpg.f645fcfb6ecd84dc1c63954cf2de065f.jpg

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Don't worry, i learnt on a gotway tesla. From what I understand the z is even more stable but requires a slightly different technique for turning but if you start with it, you don't have anything to compare with so i guess it will be the "natural way" for you. Juat hypothezizing though as i ride the tesla and never tried a Z (though im intrigued to order next year if they amp up the power a bit) :-) I mean its an 18" wheel and should be faster than a 16" IMO

I actually got a S1 a month ago, that was my learning wheel. I was lucky enough to find a Z10 from a US seller, who got the wheel from China, so I started riding it this week.

What a beast!

At first it took me a few tries to get on (due to the extra weight), and spent 10-15 mins to get familiar with the turns, then I started riding on sidewalk and around the neighborhood. After an hour, I finally started feeling comfortable. 

Having the S1 as the first wheel, the Z10 is a different animal. The pickup is so much quicker, and no more beeping at 12mph is a big plus. I feel like the slow turns are not much different than the S1, but I really have to lean hard and commit when I go fast on turns. It definitely requires a different technique but the learning process is also so much fun! Did I say I love this wheel? :wub:

• Like 3

i was just screwing around with mine and my butt bumped into it and knocked it forward. 

it is unusal the housing is so light on the z10 i guess because all the heavy stuff is in the hub. like the 18s 1680wh and the v10f are so top heavy they’d really crash hard if accidently tipped over.

Edited by novazeus

Thanks for all your tips against wobbles. I found it to be true that it's mostly an issue of the stance. One leg stiffed out and the wobbles magically disappear ;)

I still have some other questions, would love to get your opinion on those:

- My right pedal is a little (vertically) floppy while opened, but the left one seems to "lock" in position when I completely unfold it. Is this normal behavior?

- I don't know how to change the sounds in app. I downloaded updates for both sound packs, but nothing happens when I press the play button on the left side in the app. On the right side it says both sound packages are equipped :confused1: Just like Marty said, the "Bluetooth connected successfully" gets annoying and I saw that there is an update to the "BLTH_CONNECTED"-sound file. So maybe the other sound package changes this to a notification sound like when you turn it on/off?

- Also in the app - everytime I open it I get congratulations for driving the first 50 km and that I should read the safety manual again. When I press "ok" the message disappears but even after visiting the safety manual myself I just this notification again when I open the app with the wheel connected. Is there something else I have to do?

Thanks in advance :efee47c9c8:

6 minutes ago, Ymladda said:

- Also in the app - everytime I open it I get congratulations for driving the first 50 km and that I should read the safety manual again. When I press "ok" the message disappears but even after visiting the safety manual myself I just this notification again when I open the app with the wheel connected. Is there something else I have to do?

patience :) after some time it will stop, mine was also quite insisting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ymladda said:

Thanks for all your tips against wobbles. I found it to be true that it's mostly an issue of the stance. One leg stiffed out and the wobbles magically disappear ;)

I still have some other questions, would love to get your opinion on those:

- My right pedal is a little (vertically) floppy while opened, but the left one seems to "lock" in position when I completely unfold it. Is this normal behavior?

- I don't know how to change the sounds in app. I downloaded updates for both sound packs, but nothing happens when I press the play button on the left side in the app. On the right side it says both sound packages are equipped :confused1: Just like Marty said, the "Bluetooth connected successfully" gets annoying and I saw that there is an update to the "BLTH_CONNECTED"-sound file. So maybe the other sound package changes this to a notification sound like when you turn it on/off?

Thanks in advance :efee47c9c8:

I have the exact same problems, wobbles, nagging message, no problems with pedals though. I also noticed that straightening legs affects wobbles. Sometimes it gets scary when you speed up and suddenly start wobbling.

to me, with my jack of all trades mechanical and building background, this is a beautiful little video. just saw this. i’m seriously considering selling all my other wheels and just get another z10 so i get married to it. i’m sure it’s the only wheel that can do it all in my environment and after seeing this video it’s the only wheel i’d feel comfortable putting one or two of my little gfs on. they like the z10 better anyway.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

to me, with my jack of all trades mechanical and building background, this is a beautiful little video. just saw this. i’m seriously considering selling all my other wheels and just get another z10 so i get married to it. i’m sure it’s the only wheel that can do it all in my environment and after seeing this video it’s the only wheel i’d feel comfortable putting one or two of my little gfs on. they like the z10 better anyway.

its amazing the attention to detail. With covers, gaskets, gaps between parts. etc. After seeing this, you understand and should be more willing to pay the price. quality

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

its amazing the attention to detail. With covers, gaskets, gaps between parts. etc. After seeing this, you understand and should be more willing to pay the price. quality

absolutely! 

this makes all other wheels look like experimental prototypes. 

oh, wait a minute, that’s exactly what they are. this z6-10 is the finished product.

i shouldn’t diss all my other wheels because i’m selling them, they got me thru the learning what i want phase and all fine wheels, but now i know and this wheel is so different, like driving a car or riding a motorcycle ur better, safer when u get married to one vehicle.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

absolutely! 

oh, wait a minute, that’s exactly what they are. this z6-10 is the finished product.

i shouldn’t diss all my other wheels because i’m selling them, they got me thru the learning what i want phase and all fine wheels, but now i know and this wheel is so different, like driving a car or riding a motorcycle ur better, safer when u get married to one vehicle.

I wanted a z10 since I first saw it a year ago on videos. I just couldn’t wait and have the summer come and go. But my V10F is a nice city commuter. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I wanted a z10 since I first saw it a year ago on videos. I just couldn’t wait and have the summer come and go. But my V10F is a nice city commuter. 

i just sent this to jason:

i see on your website you list prices with the provisional 25% tariff on this wheel. have you actually had to pay it yet?

i ask because after watching ecodrifts teardown of a z6 and my recent problems with inmotion usa shipping me back somebody else’s wheel after doing the waterproofing band aid fix and just where i use my wheels, i’ve got a paved private road that’s 1/3rd of a mile long and 325 acres of slightly rolling pastures and this is the only place i’ll be using them because me and Bob, my anatolian shepherd dog are inseparable.

so no big rush because i’ve hardly mastered the z10 i’ve got. being in tampa and u being in miami, it’s just been too hot. but i might be in the market for one or two more z10’s. if u have any advice about me selling my lightly used 18s 1680wh, 16s 840wh(whatever the biggest battery was/is), i’m gonna try and mediate something with inmotion usa like them just shipping my repaired wheel, when they get it back to a new purchaser, if i get my $1440 back, i’m good. learner wheels like new 2 s1’s, an s2 and a e+.

like i said no hurry. i’ve got a couple of really cute young gfs that are interested in learning to ride and knowing what i know now, i’m only gonna feel safe for me and them on the z10. honestly, even the girls like the z10 over all the others just on looks. just like the boys. 

my opinion, and i predicted this a long time ago when they first announced the z10, this strategy of ninebot with their simple price point s1, and a real wheel like the z10, this is the company that can boost wheels to more mainstream. hopefully the kids won’t get them outlawed to private property.

anyway, hope ur healthy and having fun.

thanks,
hank

Sent from my iPad

On 9/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, cloudy_jai said:

I actually got a S1 a month ago, that was my learning wheel. I was lucky enough to find a Z10 from a US seller, who got the wheel from China, so I started riding it this week.

What a beast!

At first it took me a few tries to get on (due to the extra weight), and spent 10-15 mins to get familiar with the turns, then I started riding on sidewalk and around the neighborhood. After an hour, I finally started feeling comfortable. 

Having the S1 as the first wheel, the Z10 is a different animal. The pickup is so much quicker, and no more beeping at 12mph is a big plus. I feel like the slow turns are not much different than the S1, but I really have to lean hard and commit when I go fast on turns. It definitely requires a different technique but the learning process is also so much fun! Did I say I love this wheel? :wub:

your story with ur choice of starter wheel(that’s still great in a urban environment on sidewalks with pedestrians that has a chance of not being outlawed in the future) and moving up the brand line to the z10 is the future of euc for the mainstream. that’s what i predicted when they first posted info of the z10 and posted my prediction in a topic on this forum and now i’m more convinced than ever. 

1 hour ago, EUC GUY said:

its amazing the attention to detail. With covers, gaskets, gaps between parts. etc.

There is one thing which worries me...  have closer look on the coils inside the motor - they are loose and done in very "untidy" way - EcoDrift mentions that - (in Russian, yes I can read it) rest of the main things are done really nice. I wonder if the Z10 motor is also so badly wired inside..

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

Hmm.   It is almost finished product... see my videos at www.youtube.com/lukluk to see why, but all of those things are minor and can be upgraded at home. 

I admit that technically speaking it is done MUCH nicer than Gotway wheels...  and in some way better than Kingsong, but Kingsong is done inside quite OK. I have had the chance to bring back to life KS16S after it spent over 30 minutes in the 1.5 m deep river...   in fact only controller board, one battery, ball bearings and  a few smaller items had to be replaced...

BTW I will publish 1000  km  (1013 to be precise) review within next few hours... 

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

There is one thing which worries me...  have closer look on the coils inside the motor - they are loose and done in very "untidy" way - EcoDrift mentions that - (in Russian, yes I can read it) rest of the main things are done really nice. I wonder if the Z10 motor is also so badly wired inside..

Since you seem to have a great technical knowledge of the wheel (with all your mods and stuff) can you please take a look at my videos and tell me if this sound behavior is normal? I just discovered it today, don't know if it was there before and I had no accidents with the wheel. This sound mostly occurs when riding really slow and while breaking (as shown in the videos 2-4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7DIqDunE8&list=PLerGWTZAxHNFvcPylo22TGYfOr22BBoVM

Edited by Ymladda

9 minutes ago, Ymladda said:

This sound mostly occurs when riding really slow and while breaking

Hello Ymladda,  after watching your videos - for me this sound seems to be some kind of resonance - at specific frequency (so at specific low speeds) please check if this may be handle, or something like that - check if all panels are screwed in well.  Pull the handle up a few centimeters up and see if the sound is still there at low speeds... 

Thank you for the positive comments BTW ... ;-)   (I try but my knowledge may not be broad enough to provide good answers)

• Like 1

compared to the other current wheels.

i’m sure the next generation z10 will even be better.

mods are great but for my purposes, i prefer mine naked, except imight completely wallpaper mine with a yoga mat. they will be a tumbling in the pasture.

even the headlight works for me on my tree lined road and it gets reall pitch black under the canopy. can’t see that far but that keeps me slow and all the tree fallout landmines on my road, that’s a good safety thing. 

longer pedals and lighter weight because i carry mine, would be great but i can adapt to what they did. maybe in the future they’ll have swap out batterie packs cheaper, lighter better etc. i think this wheel could last many years.

here’s ur link i just watched:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ymladda said:

Since you seem to have a great technical knowledge of the wheel (with all your mods and stuff) can you please take a look at my videos and tell me if this sound behavior is normal? I just discovered it today, don't know if it was there before and I had no accidents with the wheel. This sound mostly occurs when riding really slow and while breaking (as shown in the videos 2-4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7DIqDunE8&list=PLerGWTZAxHNFvcPylo22TGYfOr22BBoVM

Out of curiosity, have you tried detaching the trolley handle and riding the wheel around?  The reason I ask is because the sound I hear in your video is similar to what I occasionally get when I have the trolley handle fully extended and I’m rolling the wheel, but it is a simple mechanical vibration in the trolley handle.

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

compared to the other current wheels.

i’m sure the next generation z10 will even be better.

mods are great but for my purposes, i prefer mine naked, except imight completely wallpaper mine with a yoga mat. they will be a tumbling in the pasture.

even the headlight works for me on my tree lined road and it gets reall pitch black under the canopy. can’t see that far but that keeps me slow and all the tree fallout landmines on my road, that’s a good safety thing. 

longer pedals and lighter weight because i carry mine, would be great but i can adapt to what they did. maybe in the future they’ll have swap out batterie packs cheaper, lighter better etc. i think this wheel could last many years.

here’s ur link i just watched:

Compared to other wheels Z10 is really high end.  I will soon make "wishlist" for next gen Z10 which will for sure include less weight, bigger battery and quite long list of smaller things. (which as I have said are already reparable/modable)   It would be nice to get the design phase model Z10 pedals - longer and V shaped - but ... maybe NB will pay for the cast when they consume all left over E+ pedals...    

There is one earlier video to see with initial setup/mods on my channel and soon today there will be one more after 1000km ..

28 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Compared to other wheels Z10 is really high end.  I will soon make "wishlist" for next gen Z10 which will for sure include less weight, bigger battery and quite long list of smaller things. (which as I have said are already reparable/modable)   It would be nice to get the design phase model Z10 pedals - longer and V shaped - but ... maybe NB will pay for the cast when they consume all left over E+ pedals...    

There is one earlier video to see with initial setup/mods on my channel and soon today there will be one more after 1000km ..

what i’d love, and what i’ve asked for is a set of 3d printed snap on pedal protectors. they could incorporate ur easy lip for opening. @Rehab1 made me some for my v10f, beautful silicone, thick pedal protectors that are the best for road rash or hangar rash but might be too thick and heavy for the magnets in these pedals. 

i’m not that desperate to go out and buy a 3d printer though.

a custom neoprene cover would be difficult on this model but somebody smart could figure it out @The Fat Unicyclist.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

a custom neoprene cover would be difficult on this model but somebody smart could figure it out @The Fat Unicyclist.

I'll put my pattern-maker to the test once we get them in stock...   :)

• Like 2