40 minutes ago, Nic said:

He needs a new battery pack under warranty (?). Could take months.

Oh, OK. Is he talking about this someplace else? Kind of frustrating when he drops a bomb here (a failing Z10) to elicit comments but then never says anything else.

As a fellow Z10 owner I'd like to have additional information as I might have the same issue some day.

He must be bummed, as I know he really enjoyed that wheel. Hope he has a nice backup wheel to enjoy while he waits.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, OK. Is he talking about this someplace else? Kind of frustrating when he drops a bomb here (a failing Z10) to elicit comments but then never says anything else.

As a fellow Z10 owner I'd like to have additional information as I might have the same issue some day.

He must be bummed, as I know he really enjoy that wheel. Hope he has a nice backup wheel to enjoy while he waits.

As allready was written by palachazz the mentioned fault in the app does NOT relate to different voltage between pack 1 and pack 2...

It relates to different voltages between the cells in ONE pack alone. The Z10 (all 9b?) are able to monitor cell voltages of each 14(or 15)serial cells.

When such a failure is happening that means that one or more cells of the pack are defect, and normally the battery has to be repaired and at least the faulty cells have to be replaced.

This is a must do and can not be ignored...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, US69 said:

As allready was written by palachazz the mentioned fault in the app does NOT relate to different voltage between pack 1 and pack 2...

It relates to different voltages between the cells in ONE pack alone. The Z10 (all 9b?) are able to monitor cell voltages of each 14(or 15)serial cells.

When such a failure is happening that means that one or more cells of the pack are defect, and normally the battery has to be repaired and at least the faulty cells have to be replaced.

This is a must do and can not be ignored...

I'd like to know @RoberAce's thoughts on the matter, how's he getting it repaired, warranty issues, costs, etc, etc, etc.  We all get to learn something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd like to know @RoberAce's thoughts on the matter, how's he getting it repaired, warranty issues, costs, etc, etc, etc.  We all get to learn something.

Yeah, ok, that WILL be interesting, you are right. sorry understood that wrong :-)

Yeah, also interested to see how that handles...from what i heared the wait time for service is about 3-6 months ...and beside ONE chinese seller, claiming that he has spare parts, i dont know anyone else.....

• Like 1

@Marty Backe Having only recently got my own Z10, I too would be very interested to hear any update from @RoberAce In the meantime, the app that was mentioned previously in this thread, was originally posted under the heading: Alexei/Alexander have written new 'NINEbattery' app - a 'MUST-HAVE' elsewhere in the Ninebot section and really is well worth installing.

I can confirm that after downloading & installing it to check the 2x14 individual cells on my Z10 that it works like a charm. I have just come back from a 50 Km ride and after the next full charge will check to see how my 2 battery packs/individual cells compare.

I know that you sounded reluctant to install this software, but I think it would be a great help in monitoring for the chance of any large imbalance between cells, if only for peace of mind. It appears to be a very well written piece of software, that many already seem to swear by.

I used the link below from the original post and after installing it connected to the Z10 via Bluetooth effortlessly. Go ahead and do it @Marty Backe, you know it makes sense :)

"There is a new app on mimod.ru, 'NINEbattery v1.6' that you can freely download for Android: https://mimod.ru/en_US/ninebattery/

This a MUST-HAVE for every MiniPro (or ninebot scooter) owner, because it shows the status of EVERY CELL in the battery pack (actually, in the miniPRO the cells are two paralled LG cells, the combined voltage is shown).

No longer do you have to wait for a battery pack to fail, you will be able to see weak cells before they get bad enough to make your miniPRO fail (and throw you).

I tried it on both my N3M320 and N3M260 models, screenshots below. I found some difficulty connecting with Bluetooth, but bringing up the Segway app talking to the miniPRO, then killing it and bringing up NINEbattery, seemed the most reliable way to get a Bluetooth connection. Internet connectivity is not required.

Many thanks to Alexei and Alexander for this wonderful addition to my toolbox!"

Screenshot_20181010-091921.gifScreenshot_20181010-091802.gif

Edited October 11 by trevmar
Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Marty Backe in the comments to @RoberAce's latest video, he was asked whether the battery issue is resolved and stated that a "Slow Charge with the regular Ninebot 1.5A charger"  was all that was needed to sort the problem!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe Having only recently got my own Z10, I too would be very interested to hear any update from @RoberAce In the meantime, the app that was mentioned previously in this thread, was originally posted under the heading: Alexei/Alexander have written new 'NINEbattery' app - a 'MUST-HAVE' elsewhere in the Ninebot section and really is well worth installing.

I can confirm that after downloading & installing it to check the 2x14 individual cells on my Z10 that it works like a charm. I have just come back from a 50 Km ride and after the next full charge will check to see how my 2 battery packs/individual cells compare.

I know that you sounded reluctant to install this software, but I think it would be a great help in monitoring for the chance of any large imbalance between cells, if only for peace of mind. It appears to be a very well written piece of software, that many already seem to swear by.

I used the link below from the original post and after installing it connected to the Z10 via Bluetooth effortlessly. Go ahead and do it @Marty Backe, you know it makes sense :)

"There is a new app on mimod.ru, 'NINEbattery v1.6' that you can freely download for Android: https://mimod.ru/en_US/ninebattery/

This a MUST-HAVE for every MiniPro (or ninebot scooter) owner, because it shows the status of EVERY CELL in the battery pack (actually, in the miniPRO the cells are two paralled LG cells, the combined voltage is shown).

No longer do you have to wait for a battery pack to fail, you will be able to see weak cells before they get bad enough to make your miniPRO fail (and throw you).

I tried it on both my N3M320 and N3M260 models, screenshots below. I found some difficulty connecting with Bluetooth, but bringing up the Segway app talking to the miniPRO, then killing it and bringing up NINEbattery, seemed the most reliable way to get a Bluetooth connection. Internet connectivity is not required.

Many thanks to Alexei and Alexander for this wonderful addition to my toolbox!"

Edited October 11 by trevmar

I'm certainly no longer reluctant to install it. It's just that when he posted the link, zero additional information was provided

• Like 1

Do any of the rest of you fellow Z10 owners ride that far back on the pedal as Rober does in the video above? I can't manage do ride without my feet being much further off the front of the pedals which in turn makes braking quickly enough for my personal preference seem difficult. I assume it's because I'm a beginner, but would love to hear your views on this.

41 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Do any of the rest of you fellow Z10 owners ride that far back on the pedal as Rober does in the video above? I can't manage do ride without my feet being much further off the front of the pedals which in turn makes braking quickly enough for my personal preference seem difficult. I assume it's because I'm a beginner, but would love to hear your views on this.

His foot stance seems normal to me. My toes and heal are usually hanging off the front and back roughly equal.

If you're standing on your wheel in a relaxed and neutral stance, the wheel should be just about motionless. I think this is only doable if your feet are more or less balanced on the pedals. If you are forward on the pedals the wheel is always in forward motion.

Edited by Marty Backe

59 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

His foot stance seems normal to me. My toes and heal are usually hanging off the front and back roughly equal.

If you're standing on your wheel in a relaxed and neutral stance, the wheel should be just about motionless. I think this is only doable if your feet are more or less balanced on the pedals. If you are forward on the pedals the wheel is always in forward motion.

I am going to try this out tomorrow on my session of riding. My feet have always been more forward since I have been able to ride the wheel than that. If I move them back it feels more unnatural, but I haven't tried any other stance much since the more forward seemed to work well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I am going to try this out tomorrow on my session of riding. My feet have always been more forward since I have been able to ride the wheel than that. If I move them back it feels more unnatural, but I haven't tried any other stance much since the more forward seemed to work well.

Of course everyone is different, and if feet forward works for you, great. But since to say braking is not all that great, that tells me feet forward should not be your stance.

When you're beginning you go through all kinds of necessary experiments. But have faith that eventually it'll become fully natural and you'll be riding like a pro. There's no rushing the development of proper muscle memory. Enjoy the learning - it's a special time that you'll fondly look back on :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

I discharged all the batteries, and finally charged with a slow charger of Ninebot Plus 1.5A up to 100% for 10h and everything went well, they are perfectly balanced :thumbup:

That's very strange behaviour ... best keep an eye on the batteries and see if they go out of balance when discharged.

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Marty Backe your advice on here and in videos has been tremendous. Thanks for all the input. I've been riding with my feet a little further back so far today. It did help with more control at lower speeds, braking, and proper, controlled dismount.

Thank you :D, and I'm glad you're beginning to find the sweet spot in your foot placement :cheers:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Nic said:

I discharged all the batteries, and finally charged with a slow charger of Ninebot Plus 1.5A up to 100% for 10h and everything went well, they are perfectly balanced 

@RoberAce You must be close to 3000 km by now... how your Z10 tire looks like after such distance - can You post close up-picture?  I should reach 2000 km this week - and will prepare short review...    What is Your feeling regarding range - any reduction? do You use Charge Doctor? 

47 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Hi Lukasz, 3623kms actually. the range a bit tight, I would have liked a little more, has the same range as the KS16S, but has not been reduced with respect to the beginning. and the tire has a lot of life ahead. I have not Charge Doctor, I have been using original charger only

Great news. Based on your experience, mine should last forever (I'll be lucky if I put 1600km on it in one year) :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Hi Lukasz, 3623kms actually. the range a bit tight, I would have liked a little more, has the same range as the KS16S, but has not been reduced with respect to the beginning. and the tire has a lot of life ahead. I have not Charge Doctor, I have been using original charger only

Thank You  a lot!   Tire looks good, but some use is visible. I think that it is "10 000 km"  tire due to much wider type. I have replaced tire in my KS16S after 5500km... 

You may have seen my post about our friends form Moscow - I am waiting for their feedback regarding custom 1420Wh battery they managed to fit into Ninebot Z ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Thank You  a lot!   Tire looks good, but some use is visible. I think that it is "10 000 km"  tire due to much wider type. I have replaced tire in my KS16S after 5500km... 

You may have seen my post about our friends form Moscow - I am waiting for their feedback regarding custom 1420Wh battery they managed to fit into Ninebot Z ...

The Kenda of the KS16s and the CST of Z10 are not the same compounds of tire at all, in addition to the width of the tire of the Z10 the compound is very hard, so I think that the durability of that tire could easily surpass the 10,000kms in contrast with all the tires of the wheels that are soft compound not tubeless, that with 5,000 show much more wear

I have exceeded 5000kms on the KS16S and shows a lot of tire wear

Edited by RoberAce
  • Like 2