6 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Is that dog hair?

yeah, Bob has never ever even been in the back but his hair migrates everywhere.

so i had lunch today with the guy looking to buy property from me and the last time we met i gave him a demo of me riding around the parking lot on my z10. 

today he tells me he was in chicago and saw a guy riding a z10. small world.

17 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Noticed that the Z10 is now available for preorder 1450€ (inc. 131€ shipping to Finland). That's about -300€ what I paid.

Yes. But I enjoy it almost 3 months. If I am waiting the price to go down, probably I will never ride a good wheel. 

12 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Noticed that the Z10 is now available for preorder 1450€ (inc. 131€ shipping to Finland). That's about -300€ what I paid.

Interesting...  at which  dealer You have found this price?   So far i have seen only fake offers or for 1400 Euro You have been able to get Z6 (also not local offers)

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

Interesting...  at which  dealer You have found this price?   So far i have seen only fake offers or for 1400 Euro You have been able to get Z6 (also not local offers)

These were being offered at Sumtop in Ali and the price was for a Z10. Z6 was quoted at 969€ + shipping (~130€). I think this was a special offer related to the 11.11., which is some sort of marketing campaign day in AliExpress.

The Z10 will most likely never be offered locally, here at least. Too much power for any street legal use. No importer/reseller would risk selling such a device as they would be responsible for not putting out anything that doesn't conform with legislation.

2 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

image.thumb.png.05fe48db718a102a72c56d17a84aced3.pngimage.thumb.png.366cac7ab0f2524fe63ceea2e07eb988.png

What means? What I need to do?

It means that the two batteries have a very large voltage difference.  You need to fix that.  you can try opening the wheel and charging each battery separately and then connecting both batteries again.

2 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

yes, the ride was yesterday and is the one of those videos, it was very cold and it was several hours riding

Hopefully you don't have a bad battery like it suggests.  Not sure why one cell group would be unbalanced, but I would slowly charge each battery pack separately.  First try to find out which one is battery 1 with the bad group.  Search the forum, someone else had this issue, and I can't remember if they were able to restore the battery or if it needed replacement.

38 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

image.thumb.png.05fe48db718a102a72c56d17a84aced3.pngimage.thumb.png.366cac7ab0f2524fe63ceea2e07eb988.png

What means? What I need to do?

Were you running for a extended period of time downhill? The Z10 only regeneratively charges one of the two batteries. So if you do a lot of downhill riding than the voltage differential between the batteries can get large (I've seen as much as 25% on my Z10).

Recharging the wheel should fix it.

• Like 2

Check the above topic as it is for the same error as you describe.

You may have a faulty cell in battery pack1 as your message says.

If one cell is at a lower voltage than the others (that are in series with it), then that cell needs to be replaced because it is now showing a different capacity to the other cells in the group, which means it will charge faster and drain faster and this can result in fires when over-charged. This is why the BMS is warning you.

In an ideal battery pack all series-connected cells should have identical capacity so that they charge and discharge at the same rate and no single cell becomes damaged due to being over-charged and over-discharged. This is why we have BMS, but BMS cannot fix capacity loss issue for a single cell in a group. The best thing you can do to keep your battery healthy is to never drain it down too far and never charge it all the way up. Doing this prevents damage to cells that have slightly different capacities because when cells are connected in series they all receive the same amount of charge and some cells may reach their max/min voltage sooner than others.

Edited by Nic

2 hours ago, RoberAce said:

yes, the ride was yesterday and is the one of those videos, it was very cold and it was several hours riding

If the wheel turns on - try to ride it slow on the level street - without high accelerations  - wheel will use the more charged battery only - and in this way equalize the voltage vs second battery.

28 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

If the wheel turns on - try to ride it slow on the level street - without high accelerations  - wheel will use the more charged battery only - and in this way equalize the voltage vs second battery.

Assuming that there isn't actually a fault in the wheel, plugging in the charger will equalize the batteries. Guaranteed. No need to ride the wheel.

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, RoberAce said:

I am trying to learn better brake technique since I have had a few close calls due to not being able to brake soon enough.

Can anyone give some tips on how to do this? Would brake assist make it easier?

5 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Try this App to check battery cell balancing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qlJvDImtuTO7xwdiL7bkH03avLFWeV7M

Although intrigued, I'm never going to install an app on my phone that has zero description.

Why not elaborate a bit on your post and than include the link to the <no name> app?

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Although intrigued, I'm never going to install an app on my phone that has zero description.

Why not elaborate a bit on your post and than include the link to the <no name> app?

This app show in details voltages for each of 14 group of cells for both of batteries - very useful diagnostic application. I have used it without issues.

If still afraid - take some old android phone without crucial data on it...

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1