12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Would forward facing pot hole detection sensors be asking to much? 

Not necessary with the Z10. ?

Today I went over an arm thick tree branch that our last taifun had thrown on my regular path. As I didn’t expect any obstacles I saw it much too late to get around it or stop, but the Z went over it like nothing. Any other of my e-horses would have sent me flying. So no sensors for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Not necessary with the Z10. ?

Today I went over an arm thick tree branch that our last taifun had thrown on my regular path. As I didn’t expect any obstacles I saw it much too late to get around it or stop, but the Z went over it like nothing. Any other of my e-horses would have sent me flying. So no sensors for me.

There are always those unexpected obstacles that you hope your balance and training can overcome. You passed! :cheers:Unfortunately I could not overcome this crater.

43627657275_3436514cb8_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Riding at dusk in unfamiliar territory and not fully concentrating on the road ahead was my nemesis.  

Yes I hear you, then it's harder to scan the road ahead for sure, I don't even like sun glasses for the reason that dept perception etc is affected

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Riding at dusk in unfamiliar territory and not fully concentrating on the road ahead was my nemesis.  

And it doesn’t take an EUC for the Greek Goddess to punish you. Nemesis can get to you from dusk till dawn in fog and at night on one, two, three four ... eight any number of wheels! So let’s better not anger her, guys!

P.S.  

The last one at 1:15 was an EUC rider (with ?)!

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

You’re not using the right sun glasses then. They really help. 

Ohh absolute I know what you mean, you are of course referring the quality of the glass and not the price tag and branding campaign team behind them making sure the whole world know about brand A, B or C I get that.

Was just relating to the dusk/dawn situation and Rehabs pothole, in that aspect even quality glasses can only block some light never enhance anything, so yes I agree they can help under very specific conditions but it's a 2 edged sword cause they block some light to help us see but at the same time they also destroy some of our vision whether we notice that or not, could be is much less with super quality glasses but it's a trade off, it's not just depth perception the human eye is a technological marvel really. 

Now if we could only have built in Rehab pothole spotting night vision too? :D

9 hours ago, Electroman said:

Ohh absolute I know what you mean, you are of course referring the quality of the glass and not the price tag and branding campaign team behind them making sure the whole world know about brand A, B or C I get that.

Was just relating to the dusk/dawn situation and Rehabs pothole, in that aspect even quality glasses can only block some light never enhance anything, so yes I agree they can help under very specific conditions but it's a 2 edged sword cause they block some light to help us see but at the same time they also destroy some of our vision whether we notice that or not, could be is much less with super quality glasses but it's a trade off, it's not just depth perception the human eye is a technological marvel really. 

Now if we could only have built in Rehab pothole spotting night vision too? :D

I use a set that curves around and blocks most side light from coming in as well as wind. They are an orangy tint looking though but a metallic reflecting outside. I use them driving my car too including fog and dusk. It increases contrast. 

5 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I use a set that curves around and blocks most side light from coming in as well as wind. They are an orangy tint looking though but a metallic reflecting outside. I use them driving my car too including fog and dusk. It increases contrast. 

Glad they work for you, I see some cyclist use that tint too

29 minutes ago, Mario Wesson said:

Can you share your dealer? I saw it on Aliexpress. Did you had to pay duties?

Sorry. I don’t deal with wheels and don’t recommend stores or dealers. It is quite some money for most people that you have to sent on good trust to China or elsewhere. For myself I take the risk, but I would not feel comfortable recommending this to others. You never know; and I made a bad experience with a Korean guy I knew, who got a close friend of mine some wheels via Korea. Seemed reliable but after I recommended him to another friend, who wanted a kick board and sent him money, the guy, we used to ride with, just disappeared and vanished into thin air ? with my friends money. Put me in an unpleasant situation. 

And yes, I payed import duties. So my Z10 ended up a bit on the expensive side, but I got it very early in July and really fast without preordering.

Yesterday I heard from my friend in Osaka who just bought a brand new Tesla (because he was disappointed by the V10 he had saved up for) that he can get a new Z10 for around US 1,700 (tax + shipping included) from his source. I payed a few hundred more for mine in July.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marcglider said:

OK... so I have 75 miles on my Z... I am definitely getting a bit more comfortable on it... cruising around at 18mph is nice and comfortable... hit 22 several times today with no issue or drama... it still feels weird turning at speed... I have been using the technique on all my wheels where I am standing more upright and using one foot to push the pedal to accelerate, this feels like a great technique I am going to practice for all my riding... I have been taking @Toshio Uemura's advice and after every ride, I am jumping on a different wheel for a few miles at least, the feeling of "starting over" on different wheels has diminished greatly, but I still find myself over leaning when I first start out after my ride on the Z... If I can get the feeling of "being one with the wheel" similar to my 16S, it will be awesome... No problems or issues what so ever with the wheel or the app... :):)

I weigh 175 and 31 psi in the tire seems to be best

On 9/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Now here are some comments from our Russian friends on how to steer the Z at higher speeds:

QUOTE: Well, in order to turn with the Z10 at high speeds, you shouldn’t steer the wheel. 

All you need to do is to lean in the direction you travel trying to keep the vertical position of the wheel.

Z6 overview. English version. First ride. Control theory. Conclusions

This is completely new style of wheel riding. There were no wheels before where such style would allow to ride. Here everything is different.

Now we come to practice. What shall I do? I relax my feet, the one which is inside the turn radius and it basically stops to take a part in the process. Then I concentrate on external feet, I bend to in my knee and keep the wheel in vertical position and start to turn. Essentially, I start to «hang» on my external leg, and «miraculously» I make an entirely smooth arc.

END OF QUOTE

(Source: https://ecodrift.ru/2018/09/03/z6-overview-english-version-first-ride-control-theory-conclusions/)

”Miraculously” is a good word here. For me it felt a bit like when I first learned to balance on an EUC. There is this moment, when it makes “click” and you suddenly know how to do it. The same is true for high speed turns with the Z. They are actually extremely easy and effortless. Just keep practicing as our Russian friends explained it above. 

This way of doing turns with the Z is very effortless and easy. Have you tried it?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

This way of doing turns with the Z is very effortless and easy. Have you tried it?

I read that and that is the way I am turning... still a work in progress, and why I am over leaning when I hop on any different wheel...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

I ride my monster the same way.

Could it be down to rotational dynamics, the monster may not have such a wide tire (but also the rim and build of the wheel itself), I admit I have not ridden either but if you say that is so I cannot help but to wonder...

Could it be that even the diameter of the monster and the rotational mass is creating a similar feel fighting you when trying to turn it, hence forced to put some effort into it and even change your style? Kind of like shifting your weight around when carving on a snowmobile (yes snowmobile riders used the technique long before EUC's even existed :lol: )

Hey, like I said not ridden any of these 2 wheels so I am speculating only, but makes sense, of course they will not be exactly the same I am referring to possible similarities due to having very different designs and the Z have got such a extremely wide tire it simply must be slightly different, right?

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mario Wesson said:

Can you share your dealer? I saw it on Aliexpress. Did you had to pay duties?

I cannot give you any guarantees either, but this is understood I take it, otherwise ignore this link to the Ninebot Z10

All I can say is that I bought from him, wait was 1.5 months or something like that but I live in the EU so..? Otherwise he held up his end of the deal, so far at least, it arrived and all looking good up til this day and others on here used him too and got their wheels.

If you order it's all your own responsibility of course but luckily we can be protected when purchasing these days.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:53 PM, RoberAce said:

Finally I got it :clap3:

BDBDA79A-4BB4-4061-AEE5-32E3447B1450.jpeg

May I ask what model that is?