16 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Z10 requires long time to take a good idea what it is. There is nothing more exciting than Z10. Ninebot Z10 makes others boring :smartass:

100% agree. With one small change: Ninebot Z10 makes others A DIFFERENT RIDE, that calls for being rediscovered. It almost seems to me like two different hobbies. My other wheels are not “boring“ but rather challenging now. But you are right at present there is nothing more exciting than my Z10.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Curiously, my image appears in the report :lol:

image.png.685743159a5414ad44544d75dee864cf.png

That is a great shot and video!  :thumbup:

9 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Our friends from Russia EcoDrift have done a Review of the Z6, I do not agree with the conclusions drawn. On the one hand the Z does not work well to my way of understanding with a pressure of more than 2Bar (29 PSI) and I do not think it is a wheel to run exclusively on smooth asphalt.

All your posts and opinions are very convincing, but that EcoDrift review was very well-written and is consistent with other reports.

So based on all the testimonials and conflicting reviews, I wonder if the Ninebot Z is governed by Non-Newtonian physics. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, litewave said:

¡Es una gran toma y video!  :pulgar arriba:

Todas sus publicaciones y opiniones son muy convincentes, pero la revisión de EcoDrift está muy bien escrita y es coherente con otros informes.

Entonces, basado en todos los testimonios y críticas conflictivas, me pregunto si el Ninebot Z está gobernado por la física no newtoniana. 

What a rider does not understand that he rides it for the first time is that it is different from all the others and he has to learn to ride again.

What do I care about physics books if that wheel goes Great? :smartass:

Edited by RoberAce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

Nice ride! Nice videography! I was wondering: Did the E+ muscle this kind of ride. It seemed pretty long. Did it have a larger batterie? Or was this a collage of several different rides? If the E+ had a larger battery, I was wondering where the rider got it from. I want one for my E+ too.

30 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

If the E+ had a larger battery, I was wondering where the rider got it from. I want one for my E+ too.

It's easy to just modify the battery cover on the E+ and carry a (few) spare(s), and it takes less than a minute to swap them. SpeedyFeet sells Ninebot One E (320wh) and P (340wh) replacement batteries - occasionally at great sale prices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, litewave said:

It's easy to just modify the battery cover on the E+ and carry a (few) spare(s), and it takes less than a minute to swap them. SpeedyFeet sells Ninebot One E (320wh) and P (340wh) replacement batteries - occasionally at great sale prices.

? Thank you! I will ask my Chinese dealer about this. I doubt SpeedyFeet would sell and export to Japan. I tried to buy my first wheel (E+) from Europe, America and other countries. Nobody could (wanted) to sell to Japan. Not even the Ninebot agent in Japan could get me an E+ at three years ago. I finally got it from a Korean seller on eBay. Now I buy all my wheels directly from China. It’s fast and rather cheap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

¡Lindo paseo! Buena videografía! Me preguntaba: ¿El músculo E + tiene este tipo de recorrido? Parecía bastante largo. ¿Tenía una batería más grande? ¿O era este un collage de varias atracciones diferentes? Si el E + tenía una batería más grande, me preguntaba de dónde sacó el piloto. Quiero uno para mi E + también.

I'm going to ask my friend, and I'll tell you

• Like 1

Hace 5 horas, Toshio Uemura dijo:

¡Lindo paseo! Buena videografía! Me preguntaba: ¿El músculo E + tiene este tipo de recorrido? Parecía bastante largo. ¿Tienes una batería más grande? ¿O era este un collage de varias atracciones diferentes? Si el E + tenía una batería más grande, me preguntaba de dónde sacó el piloto. Quiero uno para mi E + también.

It gives 388Wh extras (in total a tad more than double the original autonomy). It's from the store 1radwerkstatt.de

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justanut said:

So I spent the afternoon going back and forth with my V8 and the Z10, I must say it took some getting used to going back to the V8.  

1) Turns.   What I noticed is that, doing the same kind of sharp figure of 8s, the V8 allows me to go lower without scraping the pedals... BUT! the Z10 allows me to get the same tight 8s WITHOUT NEEDING to go down that low. Initially I had attempted to turn using the same technique, which ended up scraping my pedals... then I switched to the Z10 specific technique (which I have no idea how to describe till you own one), that allowed me to easily make the turns while remaining more of less upright. 

2) Low Speed.   The V8 is really difficult to control at low speeds (think below 5km/h), but the Z10 easily cruises at low speeds, this allows me fine control when humans are around...

3) Comfort.   The V8 requires a tighter grip against the body of the wheel with both my calves, at least for me. This has often caused bruises and muscle aches around my calves.  However, with the Z10, I hardly tough the body of the wheel when I'm cruising, turning... Just the pedals. Or sometimes I'll just lean the wheel against one of my calves and cruise on... Very comfortable, zero effort.

I'm struggling to find any reason to continue going back to the V8, except for the fact that I need to carry my wheel up 6 flights of stairs to my workplace........ But I figured I'll just get bigger muscles to overcome that little problem :roflmao:

Nice!

But that last comment is a riot :laughbounce2: You picked the heaviest wheel on the planet (except for the Monster) to carry up a bunch of stairs.  But the ride is worth it :thumbup:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RoberAce said:

It gives 388Wh extras (in total a tad more than double the original autonomy). It's from the store 1radwerkstatt.de

Thank you. I will look into it. Hope they export to Japan.

34 minutes ago, justanut said:

So I spent the afternoon going back and forth with my V8 and the Z10, I must say it took some getting used to going back to the V8.  

1) Turns.   What I noticed is that, doing the same kind of sharp figure of 8s, the V8 allows me to go lower without scraping the pedals... BUT! the Z10 allows me to get the same tight 8s WITHOUT NEEDING to go down that low. Initially I had attempted to turn using the same technique, which ended up scraping my pedals... then I switched to the Z10 specific technique (which I have no idea how to describe till you own one), that allowed me to easily make the turns while remaining more of less upright. 

2) Low Speed.   The V8 is really difficult to control at low speeds (think below 5km/h), but the Z10 easily cruises at low speeds, this allows me fine control when humans are around...

3) Comfort.   The V8 requires a tighter grip against the body of the wheel with both my calves, at least for me. This has often caused bruises and muscle aches around my calves.  However, with the Z10, I hardly tough the body of the wheel when I'm cruising, turning... Just the pedals. Or sometimes I'll just lean the wheel against one of my calves and cruise on... Very comfortable, zero effort.

I'm struggling to find any reason to continue going back to the V8, except for the fact that I need to carry my wheel up 6 flights of stairs to my workplace........ But I figured I'll just get bigger muscles to overcome that little problem :roflmao:

You forgot 4)

4) Gym fees.   The Z10 allows me to cancel my gym saving me a lot of ?. The Z10 is just heavy enough to become my new portable gym. Getting really great muscles carrying it around and lifting it in and out of my car. ? 

The more I ride the z10, the more I feel the weight, trolley, and instant power off (I am constantly accidentally taping that stupid button) are its only downsides.

For turning, I think that if you consciously put more weight in the front outer corner of the direction your turning, its much easier to turn.   Example: Turning right at speed, put weight on right toes towards the outside corner of the peddle.   This makes it so you don't have to lean with your left leg as hard into the body of the unit.

I'll admit it though, I've not gotten this thing over 20mph yet.   The v10f and 18L I hit 25mph easy... this is more scary so far :).

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

For turning, I think that if you consciously put more weight in the front outer corner of the direction your turning, its much easier to turn.   Example: Turning right at speed, put weight on right toes towards the outside corner of the peddle.   This makes it so you don't have to lean with your left leg as hard into the body of the unit.

Now here are some comments from our Russian friends on how to steer the Z at higher speeds:

QUOTE:                Well, in order to turn with the Z10 at high speeds, you shouldn’t steer the wheel.

All you need to do is to lean in the direction you travel trying to keep the vertical position of the wheel.

Z6 overview. English version. First ride. Control theory. Conclusions

This is completely new style of wheel riding. There were no wheels before where such style would allow to ride. Here everything is different.

Now we come to practice. What shall I do? I relax my feet, the one which is inside the turn radius and it basically stops to take a part in the process. Then I concentrate on external feet, I bend to in my knee and keep the wheel in vertical position and start to turn. Essentially, I start to «hang» on my external leg, and «miraculously» I make an entirely smooth arc.

END OF QUOTE

(Source: https://ecodrift.ru/2018/09/03/z6-overview-english-version-first-ride-control-theory-conclusions/)

”Miraculously” is a good word here. For me it felt a bit like when I first learned to balance on an EUC. There is this moment, when it makes “click” and you suddenly know how to do it. The same is true for high speed turns with the Z. They are actually extremely easy and effortless. Just keep practicing as our Russian friends explained it above. 

Edited by Toshio Uemura

8 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Now here are some comments from our Russian friends on how to steer the Z at higher speeds:

QUOTE:                Well, in order to turn with the Z10 at high speeds, you shouldn’t steer the wheel.

All you need to do is to lean in the direction you travel trying to keep the vertical position of the wheel.

Z6 overview. English version. First ride. Control theory. Conclusions

This is completely new style of wheel riding. There were no wheels before where such style would allow to ride. Here everything is different.

Now we come to practice. What shall I do? I relax my feet, the one which is inside the turn radius and it basically stops to take a part in the process. Then I concentrate on external feet, I bend to in my knee and keep the wheel in vertical position and start to turn. Essentially, I start to «hang» on my external leg, and «miraculously» I make an entirely smooth arc.

END OF QUOTE

(Source: https://ecodrift.ru/2018/09/03/z6-overview-english-version-first-ride-control-theory-conclusions/)

”Miraculously” is a good word here. For me it felt a bit like when I first learned to balance on an EUC. There is this moment, when it makes “click” and you suddenly know how to do it. The same is true for high speed turns with the Z. They are actually extremely easy and effortless. Just keep practicing as our Russian friends explained it above. 

One more thing that I find important and different with the Z:

Most of us have a main foot/leg either left or right, which is glued to the wheel and already on the pedal when you start riding. With the Z it is extremely helpful to train your other leg the same way. So there is no leg preference anymore. This is important for the turning technique explained above. It helps shifting your center of mass from one side to the other and allowing both feet to move freely on the pedals as needed instead of having one foot glued to the wheel at all times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

With the Z it is extremely helpful to train your other leg the same way. So there is no leg preference anymore.

That’s a very interesting observation that I need to try. I always mount and dismount with my right foot. Tried my left foot with other wheels but never felt comfortable. 

I’ll try mounting the One Z using my non-dominant foot and see how it feels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

One more thing that I find important and different with the Z:

Most of us have a main foot/leg either left or right, which is glued to the wheel and already on the pedal when you start riding. With the Z it is extremely helpful to train your other leg the same way. So there is no leg preference anymore. This is important for the turning technique explained above. It helps shifting your center of mass from one side to the other and allowing both feet to move freely on the pedals as needed instead of having one foot glued to the wheel at all times.

Moving the feet on the pedals, while riding in high speed? I dont know about the grip tape on the Z, but if you want to move the entire foot on a tesla, you have to lift the foot, aka go one legged riding for a short while and then plant it at the right location. Does not sound like motorbike riding at all. On a motor bike you have the feet planted on the peg and simply lean and steer "the wrong way" to turn in high speed. Sure the foot does not apply pressure on the peg that is facing away from the turn, but you normally have the foot on the peg, while hanging in your knee.

Though on a uni you don't have wheel nr 2, so you only lean (never mind steering front wheel the wrong way)

I might be an oddball, but that's how i high speed carve on my Tesla. Or rather i let the wheel move beneath me in a wider and wider arc while leaning the other way. The faster the carve turn, the more i lean into next turn.

It's only when doing short/quick "pop-turns" that you turn like an old school skier. And in those turns you can feel (very clear) whem the wheel change direction. It kind of makes a small "jump" when passing the centre line.

But in long fast carves, thre wheel verticsl direction change starts more at the end of the turn (damn this is hard to explain in words lol), so when you pass the centre you have a long way to go before the wheel is "upright" and you spread the TTT (TimeToTurn) over a longer period of time and thus get less of a "jump" as it changes. 

I would say it's somewhere in between skiing and riding a motor bike. Its a fantastic feeling...its like skiing for hours without taking the lift :-) a tremendeous feeling of freedom for me that loves skiing but dont have any good slopes nearby (and has ridden motor bike from 16-30y.o. Until i just got tired of it and fell for cars).

I would say a EUC is without competition the cheapest, most readily available entertainment you can find today (that and VR :-) )

I just hsve try a Z though. I think i would like it (except the missing power from the Tesla)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

i used to have a big coffee table i built using a piece of bullet resistant glass.

i was thinking about it as i rode my z10 a couple of days ago.

i’m thinking, even though the z10 has that huge tire, because of it’s firmness and profile, it might have a smaller contact patch releative to the weight of the wheel.

i think it’s rounded contact patch makes the wheel more like a point to turn as opposed to lean to turn. 

all of my other wheel tires are overloaded, which makes for a larger contact patch than the tire manufacturer designed it for but with this one tire vehicle, extra tire contact patch, comes in handy.

i noticed on my road that a light breeze that wouldn’t affect me on my other wheels, actually was spinning me, luckily in the direction of the turn.

idk if this works.

http://paws.kettering.edu/~amazzei/tire_calculator.html

Edited by novazeus

4 hours ago, Rotciv said:

That’s a very interesting observation that I need to try. I always mount and dismount with my right foot. Tried my left foot with other wheels but never felt comfortable. 

I’ll try mounting the One Z using my non-dominant foot and see how it feels. 

3 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I have the same but with my left foot. Just feels so insecure to start with the right.

It will feel really strange at the beginning. Almost like learning to mount an EUC all over again. But with a little practice it will give you more control over your Z. Not only when doing high speed turns. The pedals of the Z will become like a plattform on which you can move around freely. It reminds me a bit of sailing with a small yacht. You have to be able to shift your weight freely and quickly. With other EUCs this also comes in handy, but it’s not so important for riding, but with The Z it’s rather essential for completely mastering and controlling the Z. That’s why other EUCs behave more like bicycles while the Z is closer in its riding physics to a large motorbike. 

Learning to ride backwards on your Z (if you can’t do that already) is another step in this direction. You actually will find it quite easy to ride backwards on the Z.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

would say it's somewhere in between skiing and riding a motor bike. Its a fantastic feeling...its like skiing for hours without taking the lift :-) a tremendeous feeling of freedom for me that loves skiing but dont have any good slopes nearby (and has ridden motor bike from 16-30y.o. Until i just got tired of it and fell for cars).

I would say a EUC is without competition the cheapest, most readily available entertainment you can find today (that and VR :-) )

I just hsve try a Z though. I think i would like it (except the missing power from the Tesla)

I agree. EUCs give you most of the pleasures that people get from snow sports without the lift hustle and the other limitations those pose on you AND it is dramatically cheaper! (Important observation! Which some interested people actually don’t realize when asking about our hobby).

Now if you are (or were) a passionate motor bike rider as you write above, I am sure you’ll love the Z even more! And don’t worry you will not miss the power from your Tesla. The Z offers lots of other pleasures and thrills. And like me: you can always keep it. So there is no missing part! ? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! This is my first post.  I have been following this forum for quite some time. I appreciate all the information, videos, and advices on this site. I am definitely a newbie and finally picked up my first wheel and learned how to ride a month ago. Now that my teen kid also learned to ride, I am looking to buy another EUC. I have an opportunity to buy a Z10 from China. The Z10 is a Chinese version so things are all written in Chinese. Will I have any issue using it since I live in US?

Not sure if it's too early to ride a wheel like this, but I guess learning is also part of the fun riding EUC! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, cloudy_jai said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post.  I have been following this forum for quite some time. I appreciate all the information, videos, and advices on this site. I am definitely a newbie and finally picked up my first wheel and learned how to ride a month ago. Now that my teen kid also learned to ride, I am looking to buy another EUC. I have an opportunity to buy a Z10 from China. The Z10 is a Chinese version so things are all written in Chinese. Will I have any issue using it since I live in US?

Not sure if it's too early to ride a wheel like this, but I guess learning is also part of the fun riding EUC! :lol:

Hi cloudy-jai, welcome!

I don't want you to think this is a challenge, I am just curious. Why not buy the Z10 from eWheels or other USA dealer? It seems like peace of mind would offset any cost savings. Not judging ..  just saying..