1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder, could it be that only the wheels shipping to the United States have a top speed of 28-mph? Because I weigh more than you and I can reach 28-mph without difficulty.

I ride with low pressure, 20psi... It 'could' be it. The wheel is from AliExpress so I would be surprised if it was a throttled version. I will update the firmware on friday, need to hae access to a phone that can connect to it :D

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's very interesting, and surprising, maybe. I guess the Z10 really is monitoring the motor load to determine its maximum speed.

When you look at the main app display, does it still say that the top speed is a bit over 28-mph at 100-percent battery?

I'll check into that and let you know. 

I wanna test this new battery firmware update.  Maybe it'll allow more current ?

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder, could it be that only the wheels shipping to the United States have a top speed of 28-mph? Because I weigh more than you and I can reach 28-mph without difficulty.

@Rotcivhas one from aliexpress and one from jason. maybe he can provide some info.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I recon you haven’t ridden the Z nor read all the comments on this forum.

I haven't personally, busy with work atm, my Z10 arrives next week. We had an open test event with Z recently, many riders tried it, some took it for long test after, and everyone equally struggled with the wheel. For example, KS18L testing was completely opposite.

I wonder why there's such difference in reviews here and there. There's no need in fanboying or convincing youself about anything.

Edited by EZhel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That's very interesting, and surprising, maybe. I guess the Z10 really is monitoring the motor load to determine its maximum speed.

When you look at the main app display, does it still say that the top speed is a bit over 28-mph at 100-percent battery?

I just checked it:

1. Some good news about the battery update: almost sure it gave more juice to the wheel.  After a speed test, a 1 mph (top speed before tilt back) gain was noticed;

2. Yes, the app says I could go a little over 28 mph, but that doesn't happen!  Tilt back kicks at 26 mph and speed is reduced to 23 mph.  In another words, top cruising speed is, now, a little over 25 mph.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Top speed is the same for the U.S. 1.0.2 and Chinese 1.0.0. You can push them pass 30+ mph for a second or so, just respect the beep and watch out for the cutout. No load top speed just before cutout is 38 mph

Unfortunately, if you're 205 pounds and use 26 PSI in your Z10, tilt back is at 26 mph :(

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Unfortunately, if you're 205 pounds and use 26 PSI in your Z10, tilt back is at 26 mph :(

Time to put a lock on the refrigerator :P

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EZhel said:

All experienced riders noted that Z10 requires getting used to, while offering nothing in return, and wide tubeless tire with road-only protector adds pain and no gain.

With about 100 km/week on 7 different wheels of 4 major brands for over 2 years now I consider myself a rather experienced rider and I agree with the first part of your statement, but I assure you and all the other experienced riders you are speaking for, the Z10 has a lot to offer in return. And it sounds like you are bound to find out yourself, so no need to further argue. ?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rotciv said:

The slow speed agility is better than any of my other wheels. I

that’s what i was looking for in this wheel. being able to wobble thru my pastures at a slow speed. faster, like a boat skipping off chop is easier to stay upright, until u hit hit that wave or dip/bump and go airborne. instead of skipping over my bumps, i need to slowly crawl thru them, all the while with Bob next to me on a leash.

• Like 3

Ok does anyone have any good ideas on locking down the Z10 to prevent theft? Or is bicycle chain through the hands the best way?

I just wish it had an electric lock or something that can only be unlocked with a paired phone. Blast a loud alarm if forcibly carried off or something.. Doubt anyone could run fast with this bugger.. 

6 hours ago, justanut said:

Ok does anyone have any good ideas on locking down the Z10 to prevent theft? Or is bicycle chain through the hands the best way?

I just wish it had an electric lock or something that can only be unlocked with a paired phone. Blast a loud alarm if forcibly carried off or something.. Doubt anyone could run fast with this bugger.. 

I think there's a locking option on the app, you just have to touch on the lock.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Hey, enjoyed the video... not you busting your ass but I like seeing the Z being used for what I consider it was designed for... off road, which is what I bought one for... hopefully I can avoid biting the dust but probably not... :cheers:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vic Levanh said:

Hi am from sweden. Any shop in europe has ninebot one z8 in stock?

And what is recommende price?

Z8 will probably not be produced at the moment..only z10 and z6 afaik.

z10 in stock at 1radwerkstatt.de 

Ask for price in Email....

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, justanut said:

Screenshot_20180830-184246.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoberAce said:

I hope you are OK and didn’t hurt yourself.

Could you please explain a bit more about the circumstances of this fall (fail?). Was it a cutout of the wheel? Why do you think this happened?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:54 PM, Ziiten said:

There are tires with 18"/4" available but I am not sure they fit the rim 

As with all EUC tires, the measurement standard is different to that of a motorcycle: An 18” EUC/bicycle has a 14” rim, while an 18” motorcycle tire goes on an 18” rim.

7 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I hope you are OK and didn’t hurt yourself.

Could you please explain a bit more about the circumstances of this fall (fail?). Was it a cutout of the wheel? Why do you think this happened?

arriving at the point I stop, I hold the wheel with the control leg, and I keep it with the foot pulling because there was a slight backward slope, the wheel is supported on some stones but they end up detaching from the ground, which causes the wheel turns in the air at high speed and when it finally tractionnig again it shoots forward and run over me 

• Like 2