1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Seriously, can’t anyone else hear that whine on the video? You can hear it when the camera is on the ground and the wheel goes by too. So it isn’t the mic you are wearing. 

You've seen all of us with real experience with the wheel posted that it's one of the quietest wheel available...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

You've seen all of us with real experience with the wheel post that it's one of the quietest wheel available...

I’ve been riding my V10F since the beginning of June. I’d still be waiting for the Z10 to be available here in Canada or even to be shipped here from a USA dealer. It hasn’t been an issue with mine. I’ve not seen any other wheels where I am located. My other wheel was a NB1 C+ and it has a slight whine. 

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

From my limited experience with Z10 it is by far highest quality wheel available today.  Don't worry about the sound it makes it's fine.  My only deal with Z10 is the size of the battery, if you're okay with that go for it.  It's by far coolest wheel on the market now... For me I prefer MSX with 1600 Wh YMMV...

I’d agree as well. It was my first choice if I could have waited till December. I’m impatient. 

• Like 3

Received my One Z10 from @Jason McNeil and here are my observations compared to the other One Z10 from a Chinese reseller:

-Tire air pressure was 32 psi. Reduced it to my ideal 26 psi

-Firmware is version 1.0.2. The other One Z10 has 1.0.0 and saying no new firmware available ?

-Pedal angle calibration doesn’t stick. Tried to calibrate with different angle and will always default to 1° tilt back after calibration. The other wheel will calibrate to what ever angle I want. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Seriously, can’t anyone else hear that whine on the video? You can hear it when the camera is on the ground and the wheel goes by too. So it isn’t the mic you are wearing. 

I rewatched the clip with my NC headphones on and yes, the whine is very clearly there to be heard almost throughout the whole video. I don't hear such a noise when riding though, although when just turning the wheel on there is a high pitch sound, even higher frequency than on the video, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Edit: I added a sound file of my Z10 booting up and then shutting down; during those 30 secs you should be able to hear a high frequency sound. This was taken with my phone mic so it's not the best resolution.

Ninebot_Z10_whine.aac

Edited by Ziiten
Added a file
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Pedal angle calibration doesn’t stick

yeah that whole posture whatever thing seems like a waste of time. 

i mean the pedals are close to level, i guess, depending on what u think close is, but after screwing around with it using a level, i got it level. next day not level. i think this wheel has a big neutral zone for level but honestly i haven’t scrutinized my other wheels this closely, yet.

i have the sensitivitity level on “0” just like my e+ and the s1 and s2 are just naturally stiff. i’m thinking this feeling is more like the somasensory(sp) of the e+?

11 hours ago, Nic said:

What's the purpose of carving? Is it to stop cyclists from overtaking you, or to dodge drawing pins, or is it just too difficult to go in a straight line? Just curious...:)

No purpose! Pure fun! ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Firmware is version 1.0.2. The other One Z10 has 1.0.0 and saying no new firmware available ?

Yes. Got mine in July from China directly. 1.0.0 and so far no new firmware available. No calibration issues. No braking issues.

Edited by Toshio Uemura

Everyone who tried the Z here says it's bad and behaves contradictionary to its looks. The tire doesn't provide any comfort on uneven surface, kicks back into straight position in fast turns and constantly reacts to uneven surface on its own. Front light is weak and blinds people, handle is bad. Gyroscope is bad at keeping the horizon, software is bad at stopping. Body is too low and thin at top to properly control it in turns and wobbles.

So honestly the Z looks like a failed concept at extreme price.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EZhel said:

Everyone who tried the Z here says it's bad and behaves contradictionary to its looks. The tire doesn't provide any comfort on uneven surface, kicks back into straight position in fast turns and constantly reacts to uneven surface on its own. Front light is weak and blinds people, handle is bad. Gyroscope is bad at keeping the horizon, software is bad at stopping. Body is too low and thin at top to properly control it in turns and wobbles.

Maybe some of those riding issues could be improved by adjusting the tire pressure lower. My experience of the other things isn't so negative, but then I don't have very much experience with it yet. I haven't noticed any problems with the gyro.

58 minutes ago, EZhel said:

I mostly hear that concerns from Russian EUC community....same Statements have been made in some Facebook Groups.

I really would like to see that "shown" in a Video or have it better explained.

It is Pretty hard for me to understand that the -relative- limited Speed and the -definitly-  only medium size battery for that -horrible- high price is that much accepted and not more often pointed out?!

Man, i really have todo a short holiday in one of the EUC friendly countries...to testride the Z10 myself, as opinons -especially on this wheel- seam to be very subjective to the individual rider! 

50 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Maybe some of those riding issues could be improved by adjusting the tire pressure lower. My experience of the other things isn't so negative, but then I don't have very much experience with it yet. I haven't noticed any problems with the gyro.

That is -from my understanding - the reason why the Z10 is mostly driven on a relativ low tire pressure. If the tire pressure would have a rock solid tire, the hard Surface leads to Feeling every Stone on the wide tire. While on a soft tire those unevenness would be swalloed by the rubber…..

Edited by US69
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Man, i really have todo a short holiday in one of the EUC friendly countries...to testride the Z10 myself

Well if you happen to be in Moscow by the end of next week or later, ppl will receive their Z10, me too actually. I own KS18l and MSuperX too, so its possible to do a live comparison of all three.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Yes. Got mine in July from China directly. 1.0.0 and so far no new firmware available. No calibration issues. No braking issues.

Just checked mine: 1.0.0 as well and the app says no updates available. However, I just now did a BMS firmware update from 1.0.8. to 1.1.1. I saw the change list but it disappeared before I was able to read/copy it. Something to do with sleep function.

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ziiten said:

Just checked mine: 1.0.0 as well. However, I just now did a BMS firmware update from 1.0.8. to 1.1.1. I saw the change list but it disappeared before I was able to read/copy it. Something to do with sleep function.

There's separate firmware for the batteries?  I haven't dug through all the app options, but thought there was just a general Firmware Version. I'll have to go look...

Just now, Marty Backe said:

There's separate firmware for the batteries?  I haven't dug through all the app options, but thought there was just a general Firmware Version. I'll have to go look...

Apparently so, an update prompt appeared when I connected the app to the wheel. Update went well, hope it won't mess things up as sometimes these updates do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EZhel said:

Well if you happen to be in Moscow by the end of next week or later, ppl will receive their Z10, me too actually. I own KS18l and MSuperX too, so its possible to do a live comparison of all three.

So, y'all test rode it, hated it and ended up ordering one each. Nice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ziiten said:

So, y'all test rode it, hated it and ended up ordering one each. Nice.

In reverse order... Not everyone, our seller says about 20-30 preorders total.

ps noone hated it, to be correct, ppl just struggled with handling, and say that when you get used to it, the Z doesn't reveal any huge PRO's, everything's easier with KS18S/L/MSuperX (except sand).

Edited by EZhel

3 minutes ago, EZhel said:

In reverse order... Not everyone, our seller says about 20-30 preorders total.

It's usually a good idea to do the test riding or driving before ordering. I had no such possibility, though, had to order "blind".

Edited by Ziiten

1 minute ago, Ziiten said:

It's usually a good idea to do the test riding or driving before ordering.

Preorders are cheaper, also all of those videos promoted it well before we got an actual production model to test.

All experienced riders noted that Z10 requires getting used to, while offering nothing in return, and wide tubeless tire with road-only protector adds pain and no gain.

• Like 1