1 hour ago, steve454 said:

The trolley handle looks like it would break easily in a crash.  I guess they couldn't put it inside the shell, or the wheel would be too wide.

If you look carefully on one photo you can see that the handle is already scraped a bit, even on this exhibit sample. That metallic looking finish certainly won't hold for long after few bumps and rolls.

4 hours ago, xebeche said:

Hopefully this is unfinished look of the pedals just for this show. Maybe in the final version there will be some kind of grip tape or something on top of that slippery looking surface.

I don't think the pedals are unfinished - they are rubber just like watch Rockwheel does on the GT16.

I'm with you though - I don't like them.

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2017 at 6:56 PM, Marty Backe said:

I don't think the pedals are unfinished - they are rubber just like watch Rockwheel does on the GT16.

I'm with you though - I don't like them.

The only thing I don't like is that they appear to be directional, that is they are meant to be ridden one way.  The E+ pedals are the same at either end, so you can turn the wheel around and ride it facing backwards and the pedals feel the same.  This is a problem with ninebot.  Over time, the pedals start dipping forward little by little, until it is uncomfortable to ride.  Calibration with the app does not let you set the pedal tilt.  You can do it manually, but it's a crap shoot what degree tilt you get.  The app calibration will say the pedals are at 0.0 degrees, but it still feels tilted forward.  Maybe it's me.

So, when the pedals get to the point of dipping forward so much that it feels like you are slipping forward, I have started riding the wheel turned around so the pedals are a little higher in the front (which is actually the rear).  I wish the ninebot app had a slider or something like Inmotion has to set the degree of tilt a little higher in the front.  I think Gotway and Kingsong has that too.

• Upvote 2

I've never had to calibrate my Ninebot One E+ after riding over 1300 km.  I know @SuperSport has some instructions listed in his signature, but I've never had to perform a calibration cycle as my pedals seem pretty level.  I drop down sharp curbs ever so often, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on anything.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've never had to calibrate my Ninebot One E+ after riding over 1300 km.  I know @SuperSport has some instructions listed in his signature, but I've never had to perform a calibration cycle as my pedals seem pretty level.  I drop down sharp curbs ever so often, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on anything.

Same here. I did more than 2000km without calibration and never had any problems.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

2 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

Same here. I did more than 2000km without calibration and never had any problems.

Probably 90 percent of my riding is on gravel and dirt trails,  maybe the constant small bumps cause the gyro to slowly lose level.  I dunno.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Interesting that Ninebot slowly loses calibration. KingSong and Gotway maintains whatever calibration you set.

Not true for the Gotway MCM2s I own and I believe I have seen other reports with the same issue as well, given recalibration would be considered an issue. IIRC it took a couple of thousand km to become really noticeable.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

Probably 90 percent of my riding is on gravel and dirt trails,  maybe the constant small bumps cause the gyro to slowly lose level.  I dunno.

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Would be weird since the gyro is electronic.

I think I read in a post somewhere that, small errors are happening in the software, and with the passage of time they get more and more away from the original calibration.  I am probably wrong about that.  It might have been errors in apps that I was reading about.  

Not to be a thread killer.  But staying on topic adds value to the thread.  Pedal tilt issue should be a new thread.

imo if it's not  z6, x8, z10 related. = new thread.

make me a mod and I'd be happy to re-organize theee convo. Just like to keep some order is all :)

New thread started for tilt issues

Edited by SeattleAbarth
Added link to new thread. :)
  • Upvote 3

On 05/09/2017 at 7:01 AM, steve454 said:

No, they've been around at least 18 months.  If you go to the Ninebot website dealer locator, they are on the list of authorized dealers.

Still looks sketchy. Autoplaying a non-pausable video in 2017?! :unsure:

That aside, this thing looks amazing. Wonder what was happening in the video where it's dropped and doesn't seem to start balancing again...

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It'll be nice to be able to roll over sidewalk edges like this

Shouldn't all reasonably strong wheels already be able to do this? Never tried that. But tire diameter would matter for this (and the shell not being too low and in the way), not width.

If these are all tests done with a new model vehicle, it is a little bit scary. 

For example, new model car have to pass extensive tests for safety, reliability and etc. 

Or EUC makers are relaying on testing their new models by customers. 

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Shouldn't all reasonably strong wheels already be able to do this? Never tried that. But tire diameter would matter for this (and the shell not being too low and in the way), not width.

Going down, sure. Going up the extra wheel size would help, especially the extra width. It'd make higher curb drops softer too.

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:blink: Ah maybe?  Dropping down a three to four inch curb isn't a problem, but hitting it head on might tend to throw you?  Thinking about it theoretically some more, if the wheel diameters are the same and if the wheel is powerful enough to give that extra oomph to move you over the curb, would a wider tire help that much more?  Say you hit a sharp curb head on with a ten speed bike with skinny tire versus driving over it in a car with the same diameter tire.  The width of each varies, but maybe the wider tire gets more grip on the curb surface to climb it over?  Or maybe it has more to do with mass in motion - the heavier wheel is able to plow over the obstacle better.

I guess I'm drawing from my experience on my generic 14" wheel hitting a small road bump where it dropped me versus riding my 16" Ninebot which seems to plow over the same bumps.  The Ninebot is heftier so it seems to just keep on going over the bump.  So maybe with the Ninebot Z with the heavier tire and larger overall mass, that gives it some apparent curb climbing advantage.  Maybe a similarly sized wheel like your ACM can do the exact same thing I'm guessing even with the narrower tire.  Maybe give it a try and report back with a video.  :whistling:

It would be interesting to see what height of curb would stop a wheel.  Like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 inch etc...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love