King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

6 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Edit: just realised its someone's mug, the images were posted to a public viewable Facebook group, but if this violates the forum rules, I'll take it down. Cheers

Looks like the beefier tubes on it? Rules... we don't need no stinkin' rulez!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FreeRide said:

For some reason white looks better on that wheel than others, maybe because they is less of it and/or it's more matte.

its glossy af :lol:

• Like 2

Ohhh! 

Speedy feet just showed off the S18 on youtube. 

Seems like their batch of S18 came in. 

They are going to be doing review soon! Woot.

Website link:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle-segway/products/kingsong-ks-s18

Screenshot_20200611-081151_YouTube.jpg

Edited by onizukagto
Adding screenshot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Ohhh! 

Speedy feet just showed off the S18 on youtube. 

You must have meant Twitter or instagram, as I don't see anything on their youtube channel.

Edited by FreeRide

I must say, this wheel looks like a classy understated wheel with badass intent. Makes me excited again to be waiting on my own. Why are all these reviews a prototype? Havent they started production by now? Hmm, i thought it came with the 18650. So KS is trying to split the diff between midget sized feet and american sized? Have to wait and see, but at size 11, Im a very common american foot size. I luvs me some big ole pedals.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Super exciting! I think pre-production or early-production model is probably more accurate for these latest units. Production of the final units is supposed to be starting in a week or so, woo hoo!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FullTilt said:

New video with the S18 from the prior Facebook post.

That was a good review! Not as in depth as I’d want to see ideally, but as they said, they hadn’t yet been able to ride it very much just yet.

Although, for further reviewers they really should balance the speech and music volumes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I must say, this wheel looks like a classy understated wheel with badass intent. Makes me excited again to be waiting on my own. Why are all these reviews a prototype? Havent they started production by now? Hmm, i thought it came with the 18650. So KS is trying to split the diff between midget sized feet and american sized? Have to wait and see, but at size 11, Im a very common american foot size. I luvs me some big ole pedals.

It looks to me like trying to go ergonomic on the sides with the cut outs might be a hindrance to people with larger feet or even those that like to wear boots/high tops with steel toe. That Rev review guy was wearing skate shoes at size 9.5 and didn’t have his toe fully in the cut out. This might turn out to be the most comfortable wheel for many but not for all.

I highly doubt they intended to cradle your entire foot. I can see you only needing the cutout as a person would use the ankle pads on stock wheels. I tend to grab with the ankles and my toes don't grab too. I'd imagine i stand a little duck footed sometimes. I can see how power pads may still apply, as I heard mention of shins coming to the end of the onboard padding. I'd imagine it all depends on riding style and wheel power too. Hard to say about ergonomics. It should be fun to see and will be a definite learning curve regardless.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

7 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I highly doubt they intended to cradle your entire foot. I can see you only needing the cutout as a person would use the ankle pads on stock wheels. I tend to grab with the ankles and my toes don't grab too. I'd imagine i stand a little duck footed sometimes. I can see how power pads may still apply, as I heard mention of shins coming to the end of the onboard padding. I'd imagine it all depends on riding style and wheel power too. Hard to say about ergonomics. It should be fun to see and will be a definite learning curve regardless.

That is true, my toes do point out naturally so maybe not so important. 

• Like 2

Personally I find these reviews always add too much music or sometimes talking over important segments where I want to hear what the wheel sounds like. 

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I want to hear how smooth the suspension is and I can't do that when during the bumpiest parts there's always music playing.  Is it a ka chunk still like in some of the first videos we saw.

I was skipping around trying to find a quiet spot but when they finally had the music down or off they were pretty much just riding on flat pavement, ughh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes, it is! You can hear the annoying ka chunk @7:50 and 8:50 :(

I guess that's how it sounds when it bottoms out.  At least that's what it looks like it's doing when they go down that whole set of stairs.

Would be nice to hear how it sounds in that off-road segment in the woods/grass, but no, more music instead, yayyy.  I'll stop complaining now.  Thanks for the time stamps

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1