King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

King Song just teased this image on Facebook:

Did not KingSong choose black as the main color? This could be fake. I.e. Kuji's test unit wrapped in 16X's box and plastic.

Just now, B08AH said:

Did not KingSong choose black as the main color? This could be fake. I.e. Kuji's test unit wrapped in 16X's box and plastic.

Yes the foam packing doesn't seem very fitting, the cardboard bulges.
Official enough if on their FB, but most probably just a tease.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:12 AM, Unventor said:

Well that is alright. But that is not the same for everyone. 

I have no issue with the weight. And we still see 22" GW wheels

By the by, new Veteran's Sherman tankEUC is available for preorder. Want to order one? 3200Wh, 33kg.

As far as I remember, when 18L was almost ready, Ecodrift opened the preorder with 200 units in first batch. And then they had to extend their preorder chain with couple more batches(probably smaller than 200) before they marked 18L as "in stock" in their store, in october-november 2018.

Preorder for Sherman has 10 units in the first batch. I wonder if they can sell even that.

These Veteran guys are never going to get rich manufacturing such a device.

Edited by B08AH

1 hour ago, B08AH said:

By the by, new Veteran's Sherman tankEUC is available for preorder. Want to order one? 3200Wh, 33kg.

As far as I remember, when 18L was almost ready, Ecodrift opened the preorder with 200 units in first batch. And then they had to extend their preorder chain with couple more batches(probably smaller than 200) before they marked 18L as "in stock" in their store, in october-november 2018.

Preorder for Sherman has 10 units in the first batch. I wonder if they can sell even that.

These Veteran guys are never going to get rich manufacturing such a device.

Does Veteran have any kind of web presence/where are you seeing this information? (Is "Sherman" really the model name?)

That’s a weird name. Maybe it’s a codename for now, or they’re just trying to stand out. If they’re naming it after the American civil war general, I approve. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shellac said:

That’s a weird name. Maybe it’s a codename for now, or they’re just trying to stand out. If they’re naming it after the American civil war general, I approve. ;)

To a foreigner, we don't know the general but we know the tank from WW2. I guess that is the idea they want to convey (or that B08AH wants to convey). And by looking at it, i can see some similarities....

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fbhb said:

KS S18 Boxed.jpg

I can wait for as long as it takes to SECURELY package it. SO no, I don't want that one. I want one that can be stacked in a container and not arrive in pieces. You know, so I can rightfully destroy it myself and perhaps enjoy the event a bit more. :)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

To a foreigner, we don't know the general but we know the tank from WW2. I guess that is the idea they want to convey (or that B08AH wants to convey). And by looking at it, i can see some similarities....

Good point and probably correct. And TIL the tank is named after the General. 

43 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I can wait for as long as it takes to SECURELY package it. SO no, I don't want that one. I want one that can be stacked in a container and not arrive in pieces. You know, so I can rightfully destroy it myself and perhaps enjoy the event a bit more. :)

Ha! Maybe that's the production sample being sent to Kuji... Exciting times!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

Yes. Outside of the US the tank is well known. The general is not.

Edited by Jon Stern

On 5/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, fbhb said:

Another set of images was posted earlier today on Facebook by Damilola Alade (Afeez)

KS S18 final1.jpg

Awww, spit, she's a beaut! Damn I'd like to see that in a nice red or blue with black detailing.

..also, that dirty tire bothers me, I want to clean it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I have now preordered the S18 as well. It’s for my spouse. (She’d like it in white). I have now both suspension models coming and can perform extensive side by side testing. :clap3:

Niiiice !!!
I so wish my girlfriend would learn to ride! 

• Like 2

I would wait for white/silver... I sure hope it comes in that. All my wheels so far are in white already, itll blend well with mud i think.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Just saw Kuji's vid too! Hands down best reviewer out there. Seems like the V11's suspension is inferior compared to the S18 and battery life is.. only 35 miles of agressive riding. 

Not to mention its just so ugly and way too tall. V11(whoops I meant to say S18😅) definitely wins for me. If only I could still ride and purchase EUCs freely in my country :'(

Edited by Tinkererboi

16 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

Just saw Kuji's vid too! Hands down best reviewer out there. Seems like the S18's suspension is inferior compared to the V11 and battery life is.. only 35 miles of agressive riding. 

Not to mention its just so ugly and way too tall. V11 definitely wins for me. If only I could still ride and purchase EUCs freely in my country :'(

I think you may need to watch that again. And again, and again.... The above picture seems to indicate that the v11 is taller. Battery and range is what we expect from both, no point in arguing that. Many other differences to consider. Watch that video again and try to listen w/o bias. Headlight, weight, torque, suspension, ALL directly addressed by Kuji. Mostly HIS opinion, but I think he made it clear how he felt on these points.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

@ShanesPlanet haha perhaps I will. From my first viewing the the V11 seemed to absorb impact less dynamically and leave the wheel hanging in the air more often. Also impacts seemed more sharp and jarring somehow.. suspension is a strange topic. In mountain bikes, two bikes can have the exact same shocks from the same manufacturer but react very differently depending on the geometry of its linkage system. Sometimes a well designed system with less travel can even outperform a more badly designed system with more travel. Just thought of that example since I noticed the S18 shock is typical MTB rear shock. 

Like you suggested, hopefully I will find out more and have a change of heart when I have the time to sit down and closely review both side by side again.

Edited by Tinkererboi