2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

2 minutes ago, Aneta said:

So, a question for those who ride both 18L/XL and MSX/Nikola: did the update obliterate Gotway's most powerful wheels, or made them on the same level, or inched KS closer to GW, but still behind? Genuinely curious mind here.

Can't say for torque and acceleration, but Gotway will always be the king of speed and power. Kingsong doesn't want that title. My KS wheels are quieter than my 100v MSX now. But my KS wheels will never hit 40 mph. And the MSX will always run cooler than the 18XL. No firmware can change that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aneta said:

So, a question for those who ride both 18L/XL and MSX/Nikola: did the update obliterate Gotway's most powerful wheels, or made them on the same level, or inched KS closer to GW, but still behind? Genuinely curious mind here.

KingSong will always play second fiddle to Gotway in the performance department. There's no indication that KingSong wants to compete at the Gotway level.

• Like 1

Hey all, so i did what @meepmeepmayer mentioned and did a purposeful extreme calibration. Now i didnt calibrate it on its side or something funky. It was actually pretty much perfectly straight, but i tilted it far back, and figured id make a quick video outlining what happens on turning. The ground in my garage flows downwards slightly, you know, no flooding, so on. So i did notice a difference in the level when uphill, downhill and sideways (level). When i pushed the wheel the opposite direction, it kept the same angle. Only when i turned 180 or even 90 degrees did it shift. Maybe this is how its always balanced, but i didnt notice before?

I like how my thumbnails no longer show up on here...whyyy?

9 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

I had a  big fat smile on my face all day long. :)

I recall seen this post a few times regarding KS18L and KS16X :w00t2:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, travsformation said:

until I get used to the upgrade, so I'm more conscious of the speed I'm going. Which is where I feel the most dangerous aspect of this upgrade lays: turn your wheel into a Ferrari overnight and you're bound to have some accidents

Well that’s the benefit of having a 16X for a while. I already know this kind of power. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Well that’s the benefit of having a 16X for a while. I already know this kind of power. :)

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

I think I'm this guy now:

giphy.gif

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

I have made a new thread to talk about my issues as to not derail this one any further as everyone in here send to not be having any issues, haha. Would love to get any feedback I can on it if any of you have a moment later. For now I'll resign from this thread, but hopefully I'll be back to gush again soon! Haha. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, seage said:

I have made a new thread to talk about my issues as to not derail this one any further as everyone in here send to not be having any issues, haha. Would love to get any feedback I can on it if any of you have a moment later. For now I'll resign from this thread, but hopefully I'll be back to gush again soon! Haha. 

Leave a link to your new thread here before dropping out of this one :)

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Leave a link to your new thread here before dropping out of this one :)

Oh, okay. I didn't want to be a tosser haha. 

Here's the thread:

Thank you 😊

• Like 1

@Seba, thanks for the clarifications. I do remember now that before my 2200w change I had to use the 18L firmware to unbrick my wheel.

@Unventor I agree that KS has by far the more user friendly, comfortable wheel. If I only had one wheel it would be the KS. Until Gotway does something with that trolley handle :facepalm:. But yeah, let's not derail this thread.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The KS16X if one of my go-to wheels and is actually fast enough for all of my personal riding.

You should really consider updating the 18XL's FW then. :D

If the most recent version of the KS app doesn't work for you, maybe. 3.1.8 will. Otherwise, maybe you could reach out to Jason and see if he's willing to send you the KS SofTuner app (I'm sure he is, with as many purchases your videos have indirectly incentivized)  😉 

Luckily, such issues will soon be a thing of the past... Can't wait to be able to update my wheel's FW with EUC World! :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

You should really consider updating the 18XL's FW then. :D

If the most recent version of the KS app doesn't work for you, maybe. 3.1.8 will. Otherwise, maybe you could reach out to Jason and see if he's willing to send you the KS SofTuner app (I'm sure he is, with as many purchases your videos have indirectly incentivized)  😉 

Luckily, such issues will soon be a thing of the past... Can't wait to be able to update my wheel's FW with EUC World! :D

I only use the 3.1.8 app. I'll update the firmware eventually.

The 18XL will never rise to the same level as the 16X and other wheels of mine because of its tire. It just can't compare to the comfort and capability of the new 3-inch wheels.

I don't care how fast it becomes, accelerates, etc. with new firmware. It doesn't have a 3-inch tire :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D3m0nzz said:

I seem to be in the minority because I prefer the thinner tire to the new 3-inchers. I am currently in the process of shopping for a 100V wheel, but have not really enjoyed the ride-feel of any of them.

After riding a 16XL, MSX, and Nikola, I feel like the 3 inch wheels just dont like to lean into a turn. I had to fight all of those wheels in a turn because they want to stay upright. The 18XL has been a tough wheel to beat for riding feel both due to its thinner profile and the leanability of its tire. 

And that's why it's good to have choices :thumbup:

But I'm worried for you because I fear (for you) that the thinner tires will be going the way of the Dodo bird :huh:

20 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

With the KS app, I set my lights how i like (auto headlight, brake light in rear) and that is what i get when I first power it up. Maybe im just lucky it works like that on mine. Im happy as the startup light is my favorite, so the only other mode i care about is 'all off', should i want someday. The red chargin light is cool, but i can see how it draws attention to it.

How ? I can only set on/off/auto... what app are you using and on which platform ?