2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

Throttling happens at 50% (with the 2200w motor) which is really sad. I heard the triple beeps again today when not accelerating. Seems to happen more when turning.

Edited by Flyboy10

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

Throttling happens at 50% which is really sad. I heard the triple beeps again today when not accelerating. Seems to happen more when turning.

No way.....Thats really disappointing. 

• Like 1

Damn, I'll have to pay attention to the throttling. Trying to wear out my current battery before deciding to upgrade bigger. THIS detail adds more to the equation. I guess I'll quit topping off to 90%+ each day and run her low to check it out...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I guess I'll quit topping off to 90%+ each day and run her low to check it out...

I used to top off once a week, now with the 50% throttle, I'll have to top off 2 or 3 times a week. :crying:

Also, has anyone else been hearing these triple beeps? I have not been riding hard when I hear them. When I try to recreate the beeps by accelerating harder I don't hear them. But when I'm just standing and I scratch my butt, BE-BE-BEEP!

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

I used to top off once a week, now with the 50% throttle, I'll have to top off 2 or 3 times a week. :crying:

Not to mention, your overall range for the day.... still working on my legs, but i know this will come into play soon on a nice summer day.

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

The sad part I don't know if KS get any of the feedback here anymore. I think we lost all previously affiliated with KS that followed the forum.

I gave the same feedback to KS though Facebook. Hope they read it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seba said:
9 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Last time i rode my XL down to 35% i didn’t get any throttling, but i have the good old 2000W Motor. :P

I can confirm. No excessive throttling with KS-18L/XL with old, legacy 2000 W motor.

Same here! :thumbup:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

The sad part I don't know if KS get any of the feedback here anymore. I think we lost all previously affiliated with KS that followed the forum. 

5 hours ago, Jens Ronnedal said:

I gave the same feedback to KS though Facebook. Hope they read it.

I've requested to join the KS Facebook group, so as soon as they accept my invitation, I'll start sharing the findings reported on the forum with them too :)

The more the merrier (and more effective)! :)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Don't know if anyone has reported or noticed that the "charging lights" move slower now. Yet another quirk of v2.00. Additionally, my red light is on when charging in the dark, as soon as I shine a light on it, it turns off.

image.png.3aad5a1bb43abd9b6d467710d479d8e7.png

It does make a growl when booting up and balancing after the on button is pressed.  Pedal response is different, they seem more stiff.  I do feel them adjust here and there over bumps but it happens faster than with the previous firmware.  The  motor whine is reduced or could be eliminated, I still hear some noise but it could just be tire noise.  I also noticed some front to back oscillation when I was riding somewhere between 20 and 25mph last night.  Nothing that felt unsafe or nearly as bad as some of the videos I saw of the 16x when it first came out, but not sure why it is doing it.  

Edited by Joker10
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:58 AM, Aneta said:

"KingSong will always play second fiddle to Gotway in the performance department. There's no indication that KingSong wants to compete at the Gotway level."

I wonder if KS's "second fiddle" is purely software-based limitation that can be lifted? It's very likely that hardware-wise, KS is as capable as GW: battery is battery, there's no magic here; motor is a typical e-bike motor on both, maybe with slight differences in Kv and magnet width, but no principal difference; and controllers are as "beefy" as they can be on both, with best MOSFETs and other components - unlikely that Gotway employs some unicorn magic in their controllers. Then, what we have left is software (firmware), where GW gives it all to the user, while KS "smothers" it by some factor (say, 0.8). Can this factor be found in KS firmware binary and changed to 1.0? Perhaps, some talented Russian hacker like @MRN76, who hacked Z10's firmware to unlock 56km/h speed, can do this? Now, THAT would be absolutely amazing!

Unfortunately, the processor of this wheel is closed from reading, and I do not have a binary firmware file. I was looking for who can get the firmware, but the searches were unsuccessful.

7 hours ago, Joker10 said:

I also noticed some front to back oscillation when I was riding somewhere between 20 and 25mph last night.  Nothing that felt unsafe or nearly as bad as some of the videos I saw of the 16x when it first came out, but not sure why it is doing it.  

Yes! I'm not the only one!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Tried to update 3 times. Wheel just sat there, no fwd update LEDs.

That's always my experience. Hence why I use the KS soft tuner app (available from major vendors). I really wish KS would fix this.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1